Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Like most folks, my status still says "shipping date pending" for the S2 watch. I submitted 2 claims, both on 3/10. I don't have fedex delivery manager but signed up for it and now it says I have 2 packages scheduled to be delivered by tomorrow! For each item it says weight is 2.3lbs. Seems a bit heavy, no?

I do not know if they are shipping elsewhere than from indiana but
If it is a shipment for the s2 it should be listed at 2.3 pounds....

Posted via the Android Central App
This has me concerned about what is actually being sent to me... I claimed 2 S2's and received no notice that I would be receiving otherwise but my package is only 2.0lbs.

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I do not know if they are shipping elsewhere than from indiana but
If it is a shipment for the s2 it should be listed at 2.3 pounds....

Posted via the Android Central App

Nevermind, I guess 2.3lbs is fine. Thanks for the info Eddiechi. Wait, since I'm getting them tomorrow and tomorrow is April Fools day, am I really getting them tomorrow? Or is Samsung/Prizelogic pranking us all? Conspiracy theorists sound off!

Last edited:

flatstick96

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
As noted in my previous posts on this thread, I'm getting my free S2 from Verizon directly instead of through the third-party promotions administrator, but even directly through Verizon, the S2 was backordered when they initially placed the order for me (I think that was on 3/12). At that time, the e-mail I got from Verizon suggested it should ship by 4/1. I got a notification today from Verizon that it is shipping out today via FedEx overnight, for delivery to me tomorrow by 3 PM. We'll see.

Arrived. It's pretty sweet.

20160331_122800.jpg

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this address as the sender?

BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER
TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
501 AIRTECH PKWY
PLAINFIELD, IN US 461687408

jphotoman

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Yes, mine just showed up in FedEx as having a label created and it will be shipped out of Indiana address at 2.3 pounds. Unfortunately it says FedEx SmartPost, which means it may take weeks or go through the regular USPS at some point. Can't wait!

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I just called Prizelogic and they told me i was approved for the Gear S2 and that the status on the site would change when samsung fullfills the order and it is sent out. then it would be a 4-6 week wait from then.........

flatstick96

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Nice, you got the S2 classic? I guess that's bc you went through the store. I'm pretty sure those of us that ordered online are just getting the regular Gear S2 with the rubber bands.

I think you are probably correct. The band on this one is a pretty standard 20 mm watch band that attaches to the watch body with a simple spring pin, so I'd imagine the band (on this one anyway) is easily changed out to something else. I don't know whether the one with the rubber band is configured the same way.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Is anybody else showing a weight of 2.0 lbs?... I'm really starting to get paranoid that either they're not sending me the right thing or they're only sending 1 even though my claim is for 2...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Scheduled delivery:
Thu 3/31/2016 by end of day

Fedex always shows up here between 2-4pm..... although nothing on the tracking number has been updated yet besides "label created" on 3/30/2016 at 845pm

I have 3 claims submitted but at 2.3lbs only think this is for 1 coming today

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Submitted for S2 on 3/16 and just had the below pop up in the FedEx Delivery Manager. I guess these things are shipping from all over... My claim status still says shipping date pending. I have to admit, I'm super excited because I had prepared myself for having to wait several more weeks. I just logged into FedEx for the heck of it today just in the off chance there was something. It actually didn't show up at first because it's shipping under my wife's name (she's the account holder so we get a state employee discount) and I hadn't added her to the alternate names yet. Shipping label was created this morning.

HARTE-HANKS
7801 NIEMAN RD
OVERLAND PARK, KS US

As noted before, this whole process is pretty much a cluster. I submitted for S2 on 3/11 and I'm in Topeka, KS - and have nothing coming still :( Enjoy yours!

Christopher Meinck

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the Gear S2 classic. You just need to order 20mm pins and any band you like. I ended up picking up a leather NATO strap for $15 on Amazon. It's now just $12. I've received a ton of compliments on the band. The heart rate sensor doesn't work with it, but I wasn't using anyway. It's a fantastic watch. So good. I had the regular model, but wanted the flexibility of being able to add bands.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
This has me concerned about what is actually being sent to me... I claimed 2 S2's and received no notice that I would be receiving otherwise but my package is only 2.0lbs.

looks like they are being shipped from 2 separate locations right now Indiana and Kansas -------- Harte Hanks is another marketing company they use, but I doubt you will get both submissions on same delivery.... esp if they were registered on separate days.

I'm real curious to see if they ship the 3G or BT version

"HARTE HANKS SAMSUNG PARTNERSHIP WINS MOBILE MARKETING INNOVATION AWARD AGAIN"

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
looks like they are being shipped from 2 separate locations right now Indiana and Kansas -------- Harte Hanks is another marketing company they use, but I doubt you will get both submissions on same delivery.... esp if they were registered on separate days.

I'm real curious to see if they ship the 3G or BT version

"HARTE HANKS SAMSUNG PARTNERSHIP WINS MOBILE MARKETING INNOVATION AWARD AGAIN"
Mine were claimed at the same time, so I'm really hoping they didn't lump it into a single claim...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane