05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    This thread says VR thread. But I see everybody talking about the S2 gear.
    I been trying to keep up and guess I been getting confused on what everybody is waiting on.
    Is the S2 not a wearable watch that you are waiting on.
    And does this watch not blue tooth to your phone ?
    This has been related to all of the gear promotions but was initially more focused on the S2 promo by VZW because of issues occurred since registration based on available quantities and when samsung sent out wrong emails confirming gifts and then out of stock issues with the S2 which defaulted peoples submissions to the VR for a period...... and numerous other issues based on misinformation by samsung and prize logic regarding the entire S7 gear promo......

- The S2 is the 3G version of the wearable watch available for Verizon 3G service but can be used on any carrier via bluetooth without the use of an active line. You can still recive calls and messages on the watch via bluetooth from your paired phone without using 3G..... although activating the 3G service thru verizon for the $5 month charge allows the watch to function independently of any phone needed to make and recive calls.
    Wiseguy32 likes this.
    04-20-2016 11:34 AM
    People getting the Gear S2 watch are getting the bluetooth version of the watch. It pairs with the phone and it allows you to make and take calls and messages on the watch and also get app notifications.

I got my first Gear VR sent to me about three weeks ago for the phone that I received on March 4th. The second VR is being delivered tomorrow for the phone that I received on March 12.
    Guess I've got a problem , I do not think I could hear anything on the watch if you are able to answer a call on it. I'm hard of hearing.
    I was gonna buy my Wife one. But she don't like wearing a watch.
    And I don't wear one either so I know very little about the wearables. But I still would like to know.
    04-20-2016 11:34 AM
    People getting the Gear S2 watch are getting the bluetooth version of the watch. It pairs with the phone and it allows you to make and take calls and messages on the watch and also get app notifications.

I got my first Gear VR sent to me about three weeks ago for the phone that I received on March 4th. The second VR is being delivered tomorrow for the phone that I received on March 12.

actually the s2 is the 3G version....
    04-20-2016 11:35 AM
    actually the s2 is the 3G version....
    Yes, I corrected my post above.
    04-20-2016 11:36 AM
    Just an FYI to those waiting for a FedEx tracking number...I've had a tracking #/label since 4/8. A Friday has come and gone. Still stuck in the netherworld that is Plainfield, Indiana.
    04-20-2016 12:45 PM
    Submitted on 3/11 for S2 and 3/15 for VR. Both approved by 3/18.
    Submissions suddenly rejected without email or any notice on 4/1. Called PrizeLogic and was told it was due to "DUPLICATE" moniker on receipts retrieved from VZW.com (I never save paper when I can get same docs online.) After spending the weekend on and off the phone with VZW and PrizeLogic and going to my local VZW store trying to get original receipts, miraculously, on 4/4 my submissions were changed back to approved and ship date of 5/18 added to VR, S2 still showing Pending.

Message changed for both on the same day as everyone else's did to "In route", date disappeared from VR.
    Thursday 4/14 - Fedex tracking number added for S2 and date of 5/18 added back to VR.
    Saturday 4/16 - Gear S2 3G (m/n: RM-730V) was delivered to my front door weighing in at 0.9 lbs.

Saturday evening, I took sealed Gear S2 to local VZW store and asked if I could swap it for a Gear S2 Classic 3G. The guys said yes if they could find a way in the system to do it. After 9 different attempts, 80 minutes in-store and ultimately fudging the system, they managed to accept it as a return and sell me a Classic 3G for a difference of $100. The system would only see it as a contract device for some reason no matter how they did it so I lost $50 on that but they waved the restock fee and discounted activation to make it up.

I did not receive an email with the tracking info until Sunday so the site updated with tracking first for me.

Now just waiting on the VR.
    hawk buy likes this.
    04-20-2016 01:06 PM
    Just an FYI to those waiting for a FedEx tracking number...I've had a tracking #/label since 4/8. A Friday has come and gone. Still stuck in the netherworld that is Plainfield, Indiana.
    Have you contacted prizelogic
    04-20-2016 01:50 PM
    Submissions suddenly rejected without email or any notice on 4/1. Called PrizeLogic and was told it was due to "DUPLICATE" moniker on receipts retrieved from VZW.com (I never save paper when I can get same docs online.) After spending the weekend on and off the phone with VZW and PrizeLogic and going to my local VZW store trying to get original receipts, miraculously, on 4/4 my submissions were changed back to approved and ship date of 5/18 added to VR, S2 still showing Pending.

Message changed for both on the same day as everyone else's did to "In route", date disappeared from VR.
    Thursday 4/14 - Fedex tracking number added for S2 and date of 5/18 added back to VR.
    Saturday 4/16 - Gear S2 3G (m/n: RM-730V) was delivered to my front door weighing in at 0.9 lbs.

Saturday evening, I took sealed Gear S2 to local VZW store and asked if I could swap it for a Gear S2 Classic 3G. The guys said yes if they could find a way in the system to do it. After 9 different attempts, 80 minutes in-store and ultimately fudging the system, they managed to accept it as a return and sell me a Classic 3G for a difference of $100. The system would only see it as a contract device for some reason no matter how they did it so I lost $50 on that but they waved the restock fee and discounted activation to make it up.

I did not receive an email with the tracking info until Sunday so the site updated with tracking first for me.

That is very interesting, thank you for the info regarding possibilities, I am sure YMMV but worth a try.......
    Crosis47 likes this.
    04-20-2016 01:57 PM
    Sad Canadian story: was told that corporate accounts don't qualify. So no bonus offers for corp users, despite monthly fees being almost the same as for regular customers. Damn Rogers - right now they even offer an S2 PLUS the VR headset for upgrades.
    04-20-2016 02:00 PM
    Well, my status got changed back to approved estimated shipping 4/18. PL rep stated what we all knew, that submission status website is wack when going through maintenance.

Submitted 3/11 but got the approval VR mistake email 3/23 so it seems i'm on the later shipment list whenever that is.

I presume by the time i get mine the S3 watch will be out.
    1naturalace, Cnicks and Wiseguy32 like this.
    04-20-2016 03:07 PM
    Finally got a tracking number today. Prize logic still says in route. Submitted March 9th and approved a few days later.

Posted via the Android Central App
    giannifiore7 likes this.
    04-20-2016 04:21 PM
    What did you receive the S2 or the VR? I am just wondering because I had the same weight and box info too. Waiting on my package to come this week.
    04-20-2016 04:59 PM
    Okay so I submitted on the 18th have been approved by the 22nd with ship date pending to then in route to being processed back to in route and no tracking number or info in FedEx manager. This is for Verizon gear s2 however I just received a text from vrz asking if I needed help setting up s2? So my question is for those that received their s2 did you get a text from Verizon before you got the watch?

04-20-2016 05:57 PM
    Submitted for S2 on 3/18.
    On 4/15 I got a notice in Fed Ex Manager that a label was created.
    Today 4/20, the package was finally picked up.
    Delivery due 4/26.

Of course, my status still says "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"
    04-20-2016 06:18 PM

04-20-2016 06:24 PM
    This is why people like me are angry. If we submitted 3/11 or earlier then we should recieve the products submitted for earlier then those who submitted later. Ugh!!
    Submitted for S2 on 3/18.
    On 4/15 I got a notice in Fed Ex Manager that a label was created.
    Today 4/20, the package was finally picked up.
    Delivery due 4/26.

Of course, my status still says "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"
    Cnicks, Wiseguy32 and clintw22 like this.
    04-20-2016 06:26 PM
    Who told I got 3 lol only got 1

04-20-2016 06:31 PM
    This is why people like me are angry. If we submitted 3/11 or earlier then we should recieve the products submitted for earlier then those who submitted later. Ugh!!
    Ditto! No information received but the dumb email.. 3/10 submission . Status in route nothing in fedex manager

Wiseguy32 likes this.
    04-20-2016 06:35 PM
    Ditto! No information received but the dumb email.. 3/10 submission . Status in route nothing in fedex manager

Same here. Submitted the morning of March 9th. Just sent an email to the Prizelogic CEO this evening. Customer service is terrible.
    04-20-2016 07:31 PM
    Still waiting as well... "In Route" no tracking #. Submitted 3/10, approved 3/12.
    04-20-2016 08:18 PM
    I'm the same as you guys. Submitted 3/10, still "in route".
    04-20-2016 08:36 PM
    3/9 submission is 'in route' no email, no tracking, no ship date, but thanks to fedex, I know it will be here tomorrow

3/22 submission is 'shipping date pending', until yesterday was 'processing for shipment'
    04-20-2016 09:08 PM

I dont get how you lost 50 bucks on the deal if you got your S2 for free as part of the thread topic. Cool you were able to swap it for a classic... but IMO 100 is 100 too much for a classic or S2 if you really net it out.
    Wiseguy32 likes this.
    04-20-2016 11:00 PM
    Just got a label created in Fed Ex Delivery Manager. Label was created 4/20 and it says deliver by 4/21. May or may not be accurate but just glad I got something. Submitted for the S2 3/11.
    04-21-2016 05:43 AM
    Just got a label created in Fed Ex Delivery Manager. Label was created 4/20 and it says deliver by 4/21. May or may not be accurate but just glad I got something. Submitted for the S2 3/11.
    Some are taking a week to be picked up
    04-21-2016 05:45 AM
4,281 ... 5859606162 ...