05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Submitted for Gear S2 on 3/11.
    Approved w/ Pending shipping date on 3/25.
    Received 'Approved' email on 4/7 stating possible May delivery.
    Status changed to 'en route' 4/13.
    Status changed to 'pending' on 4/15.
    Status changed to 'in route' on 4/20.
    Status changed to 'pending' on 4/21.
    Current Status: Shipment Date: Pending
    Not sure if this means anything, but the retail stores are not getting stocked with accessories, watches, etc. Our local Best Buy keeps saying, "we expect a truck on Friday that may have something on it." Maybe Samsung really wasn't prepared for the S7/S7Edge/Gear S2 & VR to be so popular. Warms my cockles to think that right now some poor worker bee is bit*hing about all the overtime hours they are working just trying to get my free S2 to my doorstep by Summer 2016.
    Minus your original submission date. All the status changes you have experienced mirrors mine. Except I had pending ship date on 3/23.
    04-25-2016 01:07 PM
    Had something very interesting happen just now. So, no emails from Prizelogic about my watch shipping out and the check status page still says pending. I am unable to register for Fedex DM for some reason. Anyways cutting to the chase, I called FedEx directly and gave the rep my address. He was able to tell me that a package weighing .9 lb is on its way to my house, expected to be delivered tomorrow between 10:10 and 12:40. I'll believe it when I see it, but nonetheless I am very excited. Will post a picture if it arrives tomorrow. Submitted 3/10 approved 3/12. And now I wait with anxiety lol.
    wheresmys2 and Cnicks like this.
    04-25-2016 01:48 PM
    Had something very interesting happen just now. So, no emails from Prizelogic about my watch shipping out and the check status page still says pending. I am unable to register for Fedex DM for some reason. Anyways cutting to the chase, I called FedEx directly and gave the rep my address. He was able to tell me that a package weighing .9 lb is on its way to my house, expected to be delivered tomorrow between 10:10 and 12:40. I'll believe it when I see it, but nonetheless I am very excited. Will post a picture if it arrives tomorrow. Submitted 3/10 approved 3/12. And now I wait with anxiety lol.
    Hope that is the light at the end of your saga. Keep hope alive.
    04-25-2016 01:56 PM
    I received my watch before a day before I got the shipping email. Submitted on 3/10 for Gear S2.
    04-25-2016 02:27 PM
    My Gear VR was delivered to my house while I was away on vacation. I didn't even know it was marked as delivered until a week after because it was stolen. Fedex has marked it as missing. Is there a way to get another one?
    04-25-2016 02:32 PM
    Same submission and approval dates.. I'm afraid to call Fedex in fear of disappointment. Goodluck to you, I hope it comes as planned.

Posted via the Android Central App
    giannifiore7 likes this.
    04-25-2016 02:59 PM
    So, I just called Prize (I refuse to associate Logic with that company) & I was told that as of today, I am still slated to receive an S2, but it will not ship until 2nd week of May. I asked about them shipping VRs instead of S2s & was told that, yes, in some instances the VRs are being substituted. The cough, cough 'logic' behind this was that only so many S2s were available & if they run out, they run out, so they are allowed to substitute a VR for the S2. I explained that I was 'upset' (not my word, but I don't want to get kicked off the forum) because others who had submitted long after me had chosen S2s and already had them!!! The answer was..."yeah, that's not right, but it did happen, but I had nothing to do with that, I just handled the submission part, & it shouldn't have happened that way." So what did we learn from this???
    1. PrizeLosers handled only the submission process as some have suggested.
    2. BrightPoint, or some fulfillment company MIShandled the fulfillment portion.
    3. The odds of them having any S2s left in the promotion by mid-May is ludicrous.
    FIFO just became FILO.
    Aushoj and Wiseguy32 like this.
    04-25-2016 03:01 PM
    Call I just did s2 coming wednsday

wheresmys2 likes this.
    04-25-2016 03:11 PM
    Update: Called FedEx and Prizelogic one more time. PrizeLogic was useless, they told me my Gear S2 wouldn't ship until May. FedEx as I stated earlier, told me I would receive the package tomorrow between 10:10 and 12:40, however, the second rep I spoke to today told me Wednesday same time. She also said the shipment weighs under a pound where as the other rep told me .9. All very strange, like I said, I am hopeful to receive soon and will update when I do. Good luck to all this week!
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    04-25-2016 03:29 PM
    Update: Called FedEx and Prizelogic one more time. PrizeLogic was useless, they told me my Gear S2 wouldn't ship until May. FedEx as I stated earlier, told me I would receive the package tomorrow between 10:10 and 12:40, however, the second rep I spoke to today told me Wednesday same time. She also said the shipment weighs under a pound where as the other rep told me .9. All very strange, like I said, I am hopeful to receive soon and will update when I do. Good luck to all this week!
    I could not help it i had to call Fedex and sure enough nothing coming my way😭😭.. uggh

04-25-2016 03:45 PM
    Just called PrizeLogic. My gear S2 has been changed to a Gear VR.

Submitted 3/11 approved 3/16 (delayed by an error on their side).

Just checked the terms and conditions, it clearly states equal or great value in the event of gift unavailable.

About to call them, then Verizon.
    04-25-2016 03:51 PM

Just checked the terms and conditions, it clearly states equal or greater value in the event of gift unavailability.

04-25-2016 03:52 PM
    So I had a label created since the 20th with a delivery date of the 21st. No movement has been made with the label created. Fedex confirmed that they did not receive any package from the shipper. Is anyone else in this boat?
    04-25-2016 04:06 PM

Just checked the terms and conditions, it clearly states equal or great value in the event of gift unavailable.

And you qualified for the S2...ordered online at VZW....not an enterprise account ect? If so, this is complete BS. I put in for one each...have one 1.4lb package being delivered tomorrow. My other submission which I'm assuming is the S2 is still pending.
    04-25-2016 04:13 PM
    These people at prize logic are idiots. I have called and confirmed I would be receiving Gear S2 on two separate occasions. After receiving a tracking number in fedex shipping manager at 1.4lbs, I pretty much knew I was getting the Gear VR, which will be delivered tomorrow. The rep at Prize logic again "confirmed that I would receive a Gear S2 and it would ship soon". I told her it had already shipped and appeared to be a Gear VR. After holding for her to talk to a supervisor magically she said I had been changed to a Gear VR because Samsung had no more Gear S2s. I told her that a Gear VR was not equal or greater value than a Gear S2 and she proceeded to argue with me that they were the same price and Samsung had the right to substitute. I gave up arguing with them and requested a supervisor call back. A call I'll never receive I'm sure.
    04-25-2016 06:10 PM
    As I posted on s7 forum I called and was told my s2 order went to fulfillment 4/20 and I should receive by end of next week which is 8 weeks from my approval date. Submitted 3/10 approved 3/12.

Wiseguy32 likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:14 PM
    These people at prize logic are idiots. I have called and confirmed I would be receiving Gear S2 on two separate occasions. After receiving a tracking number in fedex shipping manager at 1.4lbs, I pretty much knew I was getting the Gear VR, which will be delivered tomorrow. The rep at Prize logic again "confirmed that I would receive a Gear S2 and it would ship soon". I told her it had already shipped and appeared to be a Gear VR. After holding for her to talk to a supervisor magically she said I had been changed to a Gear VR because Samsung had no more Gear S2s. I told her that a Gear VR was not equal or greater value than a Gear S2 and she proceeded to argue with me that they were the same price and Samsung had the right to substitute. I gave up arguing with them and requested a supervisor call back. A call I'll never receive I'm sure.
    That still worries me. I didn't attempt to coerce her to check further about the switch. Fulfillment is instructed to send me the watch. So the question in my mind is who makes the call to switch the gift. Fulfillment? I wouldn't think so if they got an order.

04-25-2016 06:18 PM
    I have been a die hard Samsung buyer for quite some time. If this is true my loyalty will certainly be changing.
    Wiseguy32, wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    04-25-2016 06:36 PM
    Grrrrrrr

Attached Thumbnails Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-1340.jpg  
    04-25-2016 07:18 PM
    If they are switching out people from s2s to VR you'd think they'd give you the option to opt out to get the credit instead since they did supposedly did offer that at one point! I'd rather take the credits for my S2s if they're switching to the VR. I have no use for the VR
    04-25-2016 08:23 PM
    Out of nowhere today I received a text message from FedEx with basically just a tracking number and nothing else. I logged into my delivery manager (up until this point I had never had anything) and there is a package (1.4lbs) that shipped from Plainview, IN and due to be delivered by 4/28 by end of day. I can't imagine I have anything else coming FedEx Home Delivery. What is unusual to me is that it's shipping from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER", whatever that means.

*EDIT* Verizon/Gear S2/Submitted 3-9/Texas
    04-25-2016 08:48 PM
    Out of nowhere today I received a text message from FedEx with basically just a tracking number and nothing else. I logged into my delivery manager (up until this point I had never had anything) and there is a package (1.4lbs) that shipped from Plainview, IN and due to be delivered by 4/28 by end of day. I can't imagine I have anything else coming FedEx Home Delivery. What is unusual to me is that it's shipping from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER", whatever that means.
    That's the Samsung Promo. What did you request? S2 or VR?
    04-25-2016 08:50 PM
    Out of nowhere today I received a text message from FedEx with basically just a tracking number and nothing else. I logged into my delivery manager (up until this point I had never had anything) and there is a package (1.4lbs) that shipped from Plainview, IN and due to be delivered by 4/28 by end of day. I can't imagine I have anything else coming FedEx Home Delivery. What is unusual to me is that it's shipping from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER", whatever that means. I would assume a distribution center of some sort. I did not receive an email regarding this.

*EDIT* Verizon/Gear S2/Submitted 3-9/Texas
    04-25-2016 08:51 PM
    That's the Samsung Promo. What did you request? S2 or VR?
    Ordered the Gear S2. Sorry I updated my original post but I borked it.
    04-25-2016 08:52 PM
    Ordered the Gear S2. Sorry I updated my original post but I borked it.
    Keep an eye on this forum, because many are speculating that the 1.4lb package is a VR. We will know more in a couple of days while this weeks deliveries get delivered.
    04-25-2016 09:00 PM
4,281 ... 6566676869 ...