Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
at 1.5 lbs, must be a VR!

I'm hoping not as all the time I've been calling PL they checked my file and assured me I was gettting the S2. If the 1.4 lb vs .9 lb is accurate, I won't be happy if it's the VR as I already have one and all this wait for the wrong thing is sure to add to the fire.

Won't know till i open the box i guess.

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping not as all the time I've been calling PL they checked my file and assured me I was gettting the S2. If the 1.4 lb vs .9 lb is accurate, I won't be happy if it's the VR as I already have one and all this wait for the wrong thing is sure to add to the fire.

Won't know till i open the box i guess.

Mine showed up in delivery manager today as well and is showing 1.4lbs. Confirmed with PL several times that I was getting the Gear S2. Better not be a damn Gear VR. :eek:

Mark Fisher4

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Mine showed up in delivery manager today as well and is showing 1.4lbs. Confirmed with PL several times that I was getting the Gear S2. Better not be a damn Gear VR. :eek:
I confirmed as well with PL, expecting the s2, checked fedex manager this morning and a 1.4 lb package to be delivered by end of today. I have never received an email from PL other than a canned response to 2 emails I sent them. Ugh. Plus I already have a VR.

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I hate fedex. They attempted delivery while I was gone....and didn't leave the package. I'm guessing because I live in an building that used to be a business. I guess I'm back to waiting.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes I called PL again today. Why? Because none of this makes no damn sense and maybe I was thinking they'd tell me something good,boy was I wrong... she said that it has not been shipped yet but waiting in some warehouse lonely... I was upset but not surprised at this point. No logical reason just that it will ship one day.. This is ridiculous! Oh well ill just wait and hope.

Submitted 3/10
Approved 3/12
Shipping pending
No tracking, no label of course

Posted via the Android Central App

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes I called PL again today. Why? Because none of this makes no damn sense and maybe I was thinking they'd tell me something good,boy was I wrong... she said that it has not been shipped yet but waiting in some warehouse lonely... I was upset but not surprised at this point. No logical reason just that it will ship one day.. This is ridiculous! Oh well ill just wait and hope.

Submitted 3/10
Approved 3/12
Shipping pending
No tracking, no label of course

Posted via the Android Central App

Exactly the same situation. Same submission and approval date, called PL last night and got that same answer.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Submitted on 3/11 for the S2, got the "business account" error email, and finally got a tracking number this morning. At 1.4lbs, looks like it's going to be a VR rather than the watch, despite assurances from 3 reps on the phone that i was getting the watch. I'm sure they'll cite fine print and tell me to take the vr or nothing. Effing unbelievable. I'm a runner and was so looking forward to not having to take my phone on runs and still have GPS and music. Not to mention I bought the phone expecting a watch, not a $100 piece of plastic / glorified Google cardboard, and I followed all submission requirements.

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I submitted for the Gear VR on 3/11, approved 3/22, and delivered on 4/7.

My mom submitted for the Gear s2 on 3/12 and on claim status it says, "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

No other emails for her, no watch in the mail yet, nothing...I emailed prizelogic...got the usual canned response everyone else has. Check your status at so-and-so link, check every few days, etc.

Frustrating at this point...it's been over 5 weeks from submission date now...

Today marks the end of week 6 with no update on Check Status page, shipment still says pending, and nothing new on fedex delivery manager...

Hovtech

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Out of the blue a Gear 2 Watch showed up at my house today. No email or any notice at all. Went to submission site and it still shows shipping as 'Pending". Still waiting for one more, but feeling lucky!

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just spoke with a Prize Logic rep and explained that my tracking number shows a 1.4lb package, despite my having selected the Gear S2 watch. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back to say that, yes, in fact, my S2 order has been switched to a Gear VR, because they have run out of S2 watches. I submitted for the watch on 3/11 btw. She said they are expecting to hear back from Samsung on Monday as to whether there will be any compensation for the customers who won't receive what they ordered. Total and utter bull****. I asked why I've seen many others receive watches who submitted much later than me, and she said that's the fulfillment team's issue, and she doesn't have any details on how that process works. Any suggestions how to proceed from here?

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I could think of would be calling Verizon customer service or going into a corporate store and see if they would be willing to do anything for you.... Sorry to hear that though....

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke with a Prize Logic rep and explained that my tracking number shows a 1.4lb package, despite my having selected the Gear S2 watch. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back to say that, yes, in fact, my S2 order has been switched to a Gear VR, because they have run out of S2 watches. I submitted for the watch on 3/11 btw. She said they are expecting to hear back from Samsung on Monday as to whether there will be any compensation for the customers who won't receive what they ordered. Total and utter bull****. I asked why I've seen many others receive watches who submitted much later than me, and she said that's the fulfillment team's issue, and she doesn't have any details on how that process works. Any suggestions how to proceed from here?

This is bull. It stated before the promo started that 35,000 Gear S2 watches would be given out, it also stated that rewards would be given out on a first come, first serve basis. How is it that people who submitted after others have received the item of their choice? How can they rob those who claimed first of what they CHOSE? I want the name of PrizeLogic's fulfillment center because they probably have answers to all of this, or at least they better. Submitted 3/10, approved 3/12 and have nothing but Shipping Estimate Pending. Now I probably won't even get what I've patiently waited for. Excuse me but what the ****.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
The name of the fulfillment company is Brightpoint... This is where mine shipped from

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Attachments

• 4105.jpg
    4105.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 25

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX