Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Today marks the end of week 6 with no update on Check Status page, shipment still says pending, and nothing new on fedex delivery manager...

So I called to inquire about my mom's gear S2 and it's been approved...information has been sent off for fulfillment...they said it could be anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks from approval due to demand...so potentially 2 more weeks to wait...This really sucks. I'm huge on samsung, always have been but prizelogic is horrendous.

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
This is bull. It stated before the promo started that 35,000 Gear S2 watches would be given out, it also stated that rewards would be given out on a first come, first serve basis. How is it that people who submitted after others have received the item of their choice? How can they rob those who claimed first of what they CHOSE? I want the name of PrizeLogic's fulfillment center because they probably have answers to all of this, or at least they better. Submitted 3/10, approved 3/12 and have nothing but Shipping Estimate Pending. Now I probably won't even get what I've patiently waited for. Excuse me but what the ****.

This SOOOO much. The only reason my mom went for the watch is because she got diagnosed with cancer, has been doing chemo and has been in and out of the hospital with many complications from the chemo, has major surgery coming up on April 29th, and even MORE chemo after wards for 9 weeks. She wanted to use the watch as a sort of Life Alert. She has zero use for a VR!!!! Compensation or not, this is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Btw, my parents and I live in Indianapolis, there is NO EXCUSE coming from Plainfield, IN (not more than a 20 minute drive from my work) that they couldn't have gotten it to us by now.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I for the life of me can't figure out why PL isnt questioning the shipping warehouse with all of the calls they have received about complaints on how this is being handled to get answers. Seems to me by now they would have answers.

Somewhere on planet earth!

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
So let me get this straight now. They are out of Gear S2 watches again? You gotta be kidding me. Looks like I need to get on the phone with Verizon customer service as soon as I call PL and give them hell. Especially since they are simply changing people's orders to the VR without notice apparently.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If they're really switching out S2 claims to VRs then that is definitely some BS... I've got 2 email confirmations that I'll be getting 2 S2's. They were a HUGE reason for us upgrading from S5s.

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
They were the only reason I stayed with Samsung. I'm trying to contact them via social media, but it looks like to get an answer I'm gonna have to call myself.

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with a Prize Logic rep and explained that my tracking number shows a 1.4lb package, despite my having selected the Gear S2 watch. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back to say that, yes, in fact, my S2 order has been switched to a Gear VR, because they have run out of S2 watches. I submitted for the watch on 3/11 btw. She said they are expecting to hear back from Samsung on Monday as to whether there will be any compensation for the customers who won't receive what they ordered. Total and utter bull****. I asked why I've seen many others receive watches who submitted much later than me, and she said that's the fulfillment team's issue, and she doesn't have any details on how that process works. Any suggestions how to proceed from here?

I saw on a previous post of yours that you said you picked up the phone in the store. The S2 promo was only for receiving the phone from Verizon Wireless and not the Verizon Store. You are still eligible for the Gear VR if you got your phone from the store.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Not 100% sure. They tried quite a few different things. In the end I think it ultimately just allowed them to accept it as a device return but only at the contract price of $300. I would think you'd be able to do it and get a different watch if you wanted. Just be sure you are going to a corporate store and not a 3rd party one. The 3rd party stores are useless unless they are selling you something.
Got mine today. First Verizon store try got turned down pretty quick. Guy claimed that the SKU's wouldn't match because it came straight from Samsung. Hoping to stop at another store this week

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a confirmation email stating that I am getting the gear s2. If they ran out, too stinking' bad. I'll wait! They stated in writing that I was getting the watch & they even congratulated me! (Eye rolls, please). The only reason I bought the phone was to get the watch. I submitted the day it arrived (3/11), btw. It's a shame, really....Samsung AND Verizon could have had a really good outcome with this one. Provide what you promise on time (or early) & you have TONS of customers providing you with genuine positive feedback & long-term brand loyalty for a small price. Instead, they have a mishandled mess of epic proportions.

Last edited:

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

This does not say people won't be receiving watches in April anymore. The majority of people (hopefully) will still receive their watches within the 6-8 week time frame as promised. All this states is that shipments are EXTENDING into May and Summer 2016, not definitely being postponed until then. I still have faith that I will get mine within the next two weeks seeing as this was the 6th for me now going into the 7th.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I saw on a previous post of yours that you said you picked up the phone in the store. The S2 promo was only for receiving the phone from Verizon Wireless and not the Verizon Store. You are still eligible for the Gear VR if you got your phone from the store.

You're incorrect here. I ordered the phone (and established a new line of service) on verizonwireless.com exactly as required by the promotion. I only selected in-store pickup rather than delivery to my house, as I have a verizon store close to my work. I even have my online order confirmation email.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I spoke with someone today and she did not say anything about shortage of s2's. I was originally told that there was a shortage of VR'S and that the s2 was good... I am going to raise hell if I receive a VR instead of the S2.. my submission date 3/10

Posted via the Android Central App

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I just received the watch yesterday... Would seem odd they are out, but who knows, but I wouldn't believe much of what their phone people say, they haven't been right about much...

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Last edited:

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Sitting here frustrated along with everyone else. This has taught me to check best buy first before ordering from Verizon next time I am interested in a promo. Could have walked into best buy 6 weeks ago and walked out with the gear vr. Instead I keep checking here only to see people who claimed almost a week after me getting theirs several weeks before me. Makes no sense.

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Looks like others are posting now that they're receiving Gear VRs instead of Gear S2s in other threads...I'm going to call Brightpoint on Monday, figure out what is going on on their end as I know I have been approved, my order was sent off for fulfillment and it is waiting on fulfillment from them.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had their S2 delivered from a company called USP Fulfillment Rancho Cucamonga CA? My S2s are coming to our store, so it is possible it's something else...but here's hoping. Submitted 3/8-9, and like many of you...still waiting.

Last edited:

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Just spoke to PrizeLogic again over the phone. Had the rep confirm that I am receiving the Gear S2 as promised and that it was not being switched to the Gear VR. He also said that my fulfillment was completed and that my S2 should be shipping anytime now. When I inquired about why people were receiving the VR instead of the S2, he did not give a very clear answer. He said that anyone who ordered at a verizon store would only receive the VR, and those who ordered online or over the phone would have the option of the S2. Doesn't make sense because from what I can understand, those of you who were confirmed to receive the S2 are now being switched to the VR? Strange. One thing to take away from the phone call however is that he never said the supply of S2's has run out. Oddly, he also asked me how many times I've called, lol maybe they're getting tired of me over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair