05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 8081828384 ...
tools
    I just spent the last hour on the phone with VZW rep and she was so nice. She is working on it now to see how to proceed. She even called PL and was 50 in line. I wish I had seen the comment about rep on with Samsung as I would have mentioned that. Just waiting for her to call back. PL rep today was very rude and when I asked her to speak to someone higher than her she said there was no one. Asked for an order number and who to contact at the fulfillment center she said she did not have that info which is a crock.

Somewhere on planet earth!
    04-28-2016 01:41 PM
    I received the three (3) 200.00 certificates, I placed my orders and all certs worked fine. Don't give up...keep hammering away...lol
    Fantastic, did you order a couple watches?
    04-28-2016 01:45 PM
    I just spent the last hour on the phone with VZW rep and she was so nice. She is working on it now to see how to proceed. She even called PL and was 50 in line. I wish I had seen the comment about rep on with Samsung as I would have mentioned that. Just waiting for her to call back. PL rep today was very rude and when I asked her to speak to someone higher than her she said there was no one. Asked for an order number and who to contact at the fulfillment center she said she did not have that info which is a crock.

My rep did the same thing and got bullied into the "a supervisor will call you back" line. When I have the patience I'll call them myself.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    04-28-2016 01:49 PM
    Ok, I failed to fill out the email address on the first chat that I had so I started another and got them to confirm once again, THIS time completing the email request... It's in my inbox so I have my own record now of Verizon confirming my phones were bought ONLINE and for a CONSUMER ACCOUNT
    04-28-2016 01:52 PM
    And I found the patience. Bought a personal pan pizza and put myself on speaker phone. The hold music is terrible.

04-28-2016 01:53 PM
    And I found the patience. Bought a personal pan pizza and put myself on speaker phone. The hold music is terrible.

Send my way. Total of almost 2 hrs today spent on the phone. Good thing it is cold out and not wasting away my vacation on it.

04-28-2016 01:56 PM
    I received the three (3) 200.00 certificates, I placed my orders and all certs worked fine. Don't give up...keep hammering away...lol
    Can you combine note than one per single item or per order?
    Can you buy 2 $100 items with one?
    Or is it one cert per item?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-28-2016 01:57 PM
    Send my way. Total of almost 2 hrs today spent on the phone. Good thing it is cold out and not wasting away my vacation on it.

Sending pizza into the unknown.

chrisdaman77 likes this.
    04-28-2016 01:59 PM
    Can you combine note than one per single item or per order?
    Can you buy 2 $100 items with one?
    Or is it one cert per item?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sorry, I can't answer that one..I was gonna try to buy all 3 at once, but I was afraid something would go wrong, and I would have to start over with PL..lol. But in the blurb at the bottom it says "Reward eCertificate may only be used to pay for the products being purchased." But we all know their T&Cs are meaningless...
    04-28-2016 02:03 PM
    Got mine today. First Verizon store try got turned down pretty quick. Guy claimed that the SKU's wouldn't match because it came straight from Samsung. Hoping to stop at another store this week
    Yeah, It's definitely going to depend on the store and the guys working there. BTW, he was just being lazy, the SKUs are exactly the same. That was the first thing they looked at in my store.
    04-28-2016 02:03 PM
    The vr from Samsung are not made by oculus so Facebook wouldn't have anything to do with age verification
    The Gear VR may be produced by Samsung but it is absolutely designed by Oculus. They even sell it right on the Oculus site and it includes Oculus branding. Also, as the full name implies "Gear VR powered by Oculus". As Oculus designed it and the technology it uses, it is up to them to set an age limit and any terms of use. The age limit warning you agree to is actually in the Oculus terms of service when you boot up the Gear VR and set it up the first time.
    04-28-2016 02:08 PM
    Just got off with a very nice lady at PL, who told me since VZW had already called there is a hold on my submission account that can't be lifted without the phone call from the supervisor, ie. My issue has gone past her to higher.

So I have to wait 24 hours for a supervisor to reach out to me, but it could also take 5-7 days.

I didn't get a word in edge wise of course, but at least she was polite and very nice. 2 for 2 on polite customer service.

04-28-2016 02:09 PM
    nice... at least they are trying to help now

did you receive vr's instead of s2's also?
    did you receive vr's instead of s2's also?
    Nothing. Still waiting. She even looked at this board from a google search and she was surprised at all the trouble with this promo. Must have been her first call dealing with this.

04-28-2016 02:20 PM
    Do you know your location code? Did you order through xfinity/verizon portal?
    Verizon online store and I don't have my receipt handy but the location code started with a P if I recall.
    04-28-2016 02:24 PM
    My location code was/is E247001

I ordered at the VerizonWireless.com the night the preorderer was available.

I have not gotten any e-mail about any "switched to VR" policy.

I wonder what Ill get! if I ever get.
    04-28-2016 02:34 PM
    Just for S&Gs, I chatted with Verizon regarding the location code and what it meant. Mine was P166701. The rep looked it up and told me that is the code for the National Processing Center for Verizon. She further explained that the location code is traditionally the location/region that the order was sent out of, and it helps them narrow down the order because the order numbers are recycled. Further proof, at least to me, that the location code excuse is complete BS.

Like I told the the PL supervisor..there was absolutely nothing given to the consumer that indicated that certain "location codes" would only be eligible for the VR. There were no exclusions in the T&Cs based on whether you had a business account, personal account or whatnot. I also told him that all the finger pointing, and non-truths told by Verizon, Samsung and PL only made a bad situation worse.
    04-28-2016 02:35 PM
    I think I'm gonna throw in the towel and try and sell the damn thing for a few bucks and move on with my life.

04-28-2016 02:40 PM
    Got off phone with PL. First off, they had no record of me calling tuesday night to say I got the VR, so I never would have got the call-back! Now she promises in 24 hours and they work 8am to 12am weekdays and some time on the weekends. Anyway she said she heard in office yesterday about all these location code rejects due to a "random" audit from Samsung. They only recently discovered VRs got shipped and that Samsung switched them. Their computer still says I bought from verizon wireless online (even though it was the comcast portal but the URL is preorder.verizonwireless.com anyway). She also heard about these ecerts and I of course need to wait for supervisor callback. She said definitely they will not take back the VR at this point so I might as well open it and use it. It also sounds like they will not ship me an S2. I think the best I can hope for is some other form of compensation. So I'm promised a callback in 24 hours most likely tomorrow.
    04-28-2016 02:41 PM
    My location code was/is E247001

I ordered at the VerizonWireless.com the night the preorderer was available.

I have not gotten any e-mail about any "switched to VR" policy.

I wonder what Ill get! if I ever get.
    I don't remember my code off hand but I thought it started with an E as well.
    04-28-2016 02:42 PM
    Just for S&Gs, I chatted with Verizon regarding the location code and what it meant. Mine was P166701. The rep looked it up and told me that is the code for the National Processing Center for Verizon. She further explained that the location code is traditionally the location/region that the order was sent out of, and it helps them narrow down the order because the order numbers are recycled. Further proof, at least to me, that the location code excuse is complete BS.

Like I told the the PL supervisor..there was absolutely nothing given to the consumer that indicated that certain "location codes" would only be eligible for the VR. There were no exclusions in the T&Cs based on whether you had a business account, personal account or whatnot. I also told him that all the finger pointing, and non-truths told by Verizon, Samsung and PL only made a bad situation worse.

the location code also tells them if it was an online order or a store order, being that only online/phone orders are eligible for the s2 it makes a difference, and there is no reason they would of pointed that out to you in the terms and conditions... or made you being the consumer aware of it, you didn't need to be aware of it
    04-28-2016 02:53 PM
    also i'm fairly certain that when uploading your image for the submission it said something like "be sure your location code is clearly visible before submitting"
    04-28-2016 02:58 PM
    also i'm fairly certain that when uploading your image for the submission it said something like "be sure your location code is clearly visible before submitting"
    At first it did not. I had to resubmit cause it wasn't on my first receipt. I was told it was shown on the opening page before you started putting information in, but on the page where you upload your receipt it said nothing about a location code. All it mentioned was that the names much match.
    04-28-2016 03:04 PM
    At first it did not. I had to resubmit cause it wasn't on my first receipt. I was told it was shown on the opening page before you started putting information in, but on the page where you upload your receipt it said nothing about a location code. All it mentioned was that the names much match.
    it wasn't on the receipt that came with your phone in the shipping box? thats weird.... also i submitted on the 9th... so i'm not sure how soon before me you got your phone but it was there when i submitted... not that it matters....
    04-28-2016 03:06 PM
4,281 ... 8081828384 ...