05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    At first it did not. I had to resubmit cause it wasn't on my first receipt. I was told it was shown on the opening page before you started putting information in, but on the page where you upload your receipt it said nothing about a location code. All it mentioned was that the names much match.
    i was just trying to point out it was mentioned thats all...., but like i said it was for their use... no reason to disclose it to anyone... again.. ntim
    04-28-2016 03:07 PM
    I submitted my online order confirmation which clearly states at the top right hand cornet Internet Order Number and a location code starting as D.

I did not submit the receipt that came with the phone. I still got the not eligible business account, but then I got the 4/7 Gear S2 delayed email.
    Order still pending..
    04-28-2016 03:11 PM
    PL supervisor called me back. Just over 24 hours but still at least got a call back. I was told I would be emailed a $200 Samsung voucher in 24 to 48 hours. Was told it could not be given over the phone and had to be emailed. Just have to wait and see......
    chrisdaman77 and wheresmys2 like this.
    04-28-2016 03:16 PM
    PL supervisor called me back. Just over 24 hours but still at least got a call back. I was told I would be emailed a $200 Samsung voucher in 24 to 48 hours. Was told it could not be given over the phone and had to be emailed. Just have to wait and see......
    I think you're the first person I've seen on here who actually had a supervisor call

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    04-28-2016 03:22 PM
    I submitted my online order confirmation which clearly states at the top right hand cornet Internet Order Number and a location code starting as D.

I did not submit the receipt that came with the phone. I still got the not eligible business account, but then I got the 4/7 Gear S2 delayed email.
    Order still pending..
    I submitted the receipt that came with the phones and STILL got the not eligible business account email... TODAY...
    04-28-2016 03:33 PM
    the location code also tells them if it was an online order or a store order, being that only online/phone orders are eligible for the s2 it makes a difference, and there is no reason they would of pointed that out to you in the terms and conditions... or made you being the consumer aware of it, you didn't need to be aware of it
    If they are going to deny claims based on some random code...then they better make people aware of it...I met all of their criteria when I purchased the phones...I got switched to the VR 7+ weeks later, at last moment "supposedly" because of a location code. According to the PL Supervisor, true or not, they have a list of codes. Personally, I believe they may have a list now...but not in the beginning of the promo. They could have easily put that list in the T&Cs and avoided any confusion. One list eligible for watches and one for VRs.
    04-28-2016 03:37 PM
    I submitted the receipt that came with the phones and STILL got the not eligible business account email... TODAY...
    yeah thats definitely not cool, looks like you are going to have to call them and try to get it straightened out... unfortunaletly
    04-28-2016 03:40 PM
    If they are going to deny claims based on some random code...then they better make people aware of it...I met all of their criteria when I purchased the phones...I got switched to the VR 8+ weeks later, at last moment "supposedly" because of a location code. According to the PL Supervisor, true or not, they have a list of codes. Personally, I believe they may have a list now...but not in the beginning of the promo. They could have easily put that list in the T&Cs and avoided any confusion. One list eligible for watches and one for VRs.
    Regardless, that should have been addressed BEFORE making all of our claim statuses "Submission approved, Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"...
    04-28-2016 03:40 PM
    If they are going to deny claims based on some random code...then they better make people aware of it...I met all of their criteria when I purchased the phones...I got switched to the VR 8+ weeks later, at last moment "supposedly" because of a location code. According to the PL Supervisor, true or not, they have a list of codes. Personally, I believe they may have a list now...but not in the beginning of the promo. They could have easily put that list in the T&Cs and avoided any confusion. One list eligible for watches and one for VRs.
    it's pretty simple.. if you ordered online or by phone you were eligible for either if you ordered in store only the vr... i don't know how a list would of made it easier except to alter it before submitting
    04-28-2016 03:42 PM
    Regardless, that should have been addressed BEFORE making all of our claim statuses "Submission approved, Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"...
    thats for sure....
    04-28-2016 03:43 PM
    yeah thats definitely not cool, looks like you are going to have to call them and try to get it straightened out... unfortunaletly
    I emailed both the in store/business account email as well as the chat transcript with Verizon to all the regional managers for PL and one responded letting me know he had forwarded it to customer support. I'll give it a day and call to follow up. The first online chat I had (that I forgot to tell it to send me an email of) confirmed it being an online order and for a consumer account and then said he doesn't know why they're giving me trouble with it... I talked to 2 people (got the transcript for the 2nd) and both were struggling to see what PL's issue was and how they were saying what they were.
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-28-2016 03:44 PM
    sounds like you are on top of it.. hopefully they get it settled for you
    04-28-2016 03:45 PM
    sounds like you are on top of it.. hopefully they get it settled for you
    I just hope it gets addressed BEFORE 2 VR's that don't want show up at my doorstep... I could wait until freakin August if it meant I'd be getting a S2s... lol
    04-28-2016 03:47 PM
    it's pretty simple.. if you ordered online or by phone you were eligible for either if you ordered in store only the vr... i don't know how a list would of made it easier except to alter it before submitting
    Hey, I totally agree with that. it should not have been needed...But when they are gonna draw it like a gun to deny people what they "claimed", it looks like a completely made up excuse and afterthought.

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter, who believes anything they have to say.
    LanceAllan likes this.
    04-28-2016 03:48 PM
    Here's my story:

Submitted Gear S2 offer on 3/11.

Received this on 3/23 - Your submission has been approved; however because the
    purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
    purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
    bundle.

3/24 - Called PL to inquire about the issue. They said the email was a mistake sent out by Samsung, not PL. Also, they assured me that I would definitely be receiving a Gear S2.

3/24 to 4/27 - Called PL once a week to check on order status (the shipping estimate online has been all over the place). Nothing like listening to TITANIUM for 45 minutes!!! Each time I asked what gift they were sending. Every time they replied Gear VR. After pressing them that I should be getting the S2, they always said "Ok I checked your notes, yes you're getting the Gear S2". Strange I had to ask twice each time I i called.

4/28 - 10 days have passed since my latest estimated ship date of 4/18. I called this afternoon....TITANIUM TITANIUM TITANIUM....and they tell me that because Samsung messed up with an audit, I'll be getting a Gear VR. A "Supervisor" is going to definitely call me back within 24 hours to discuss....so they say. My guess is that will not happen.

I also contacted Verizon. They responded that it was not their offer, but Samsung's...even through they plastered the promotion on every Verizon Online page in the weeks leading up to the Galaxy S7 release. Must be nice to advertise these great offers but have no responsibility to ensure proper fulfillment. They also didn't seem to care that because of this latest problem (with Verizon there have been many) I would be considering a carrier switch. Their words - "If you feel that's best, I understand".

Additionally I contacted Samsung Customer Service. The lady was nice, but said she couldn't help herself, and would instead transfer me to the department in her building that had more info. After a short hold, what do I hear...that horrendous TITANIUM hold music and a recording that I was 18th in line.

At this point I give up. They win. Last Samsung device for me. Regardless of apple vs. android, you gotta admit that Apple would never let a debacle like this unfold. Moral of the story 1) Samsung promotions suck 2) TITANIUM is even worse.
    LanceAllan and chrisdaman77 like this.
    04-28-2016 03:59 PM
    When you pull back & look at this....it's really just a sad failure of a situation. Pages upon pages of screw-ups, problems, inaccurate info being provided, followed by more screw-ups. If it's a contract created by a purchase complete with rules & agreements (don't think for a minute that I'm not gonna have to pay 24 payments for that phone), it's just a complete debacle. Completely wrong from start to finish.
    04-28-2016 04:17 PM
    Got off phone with PL. First off, they had no record of me calling tuesday night to say I got the VR, so I never would have got the call-back! Now she promises in 24 hours and they work 8am to 12am weekdays and some time on the weekends. Anyway she said she heard in office yesterday about all these location code rejects due to a "random" audit from Samsung. They only recently discovered VRs got shipped and that Samsung switched them. Their computer still says I bought from verizon wireless online (even though it was the comcast portal but the URL is preorder.verizonwireless.com anyway). She also heard about these ecerts and I of course need to wait for supervisor callback. She said definitely they will not take back the VR at this point so I might as well open it and use it. It also sounds like they will not ship me an S2. I think the best I can hope for is some other form of compensation. So I'm promised a callback in 24 hours most likely tomorrow.
    Just more evidence of being misled......."no record of any call on tuesday?" Anytime I called and the pull up my email addy they already know that I previously called. "She just heard in office YESTERDAY about location code rejects and samsung audit" these code reject emails started going out oas early as March 8th, 7 weeks ago and when people called in to clarify about these rejection emails and posted the inquiry results here in the beginiing of this thread.... they said the same thing 7 weeks ago about the code and not to worry, the emails were sent in error. For them to play DUMB now about location code error is just a plain insult... nothing less, nothing more

As far as the location code being the determining factor, there was NOTHING in the terms and conditions about having to submit anything with "location code" on it when the promo started.... location code info was added to the submission page almost 2 weeks later... so for those being given that excuse as denial should be irrelevant, for those that submitted the first week after receiving their phones had no knowledge of any code being required so the burden and/or consequences shouldn't be imposed on the consumer.... and even after that the code restrictions is something that should have been fixed by samsung and VZW not put the burden on unknowing consumer.......

additional info for those promised a call back but not received or records of prior inquiries not documented via PL.....

PrizeLogic
    Phone: (248) 663-8700
    25200 Telegraph Ste 405, Southfield, MI 48033

Contacting PrizeLogic. If you have any questions about Terms and Conditions, please contact PrizeLogic at arubin@prizelogic.com

Business Management
    Adam Rubin, General Counsel - arubin@prizelogic.com
    Former SVP -Legal Affairs
    *former Assistant Attorney General for the State of Michigan*

NORTHEAST
    Chris Cubba
    SVP, Managing Director ccubba@prizelogic.com
    MIDEAST
    Gary Shuman
    SVP, Managing Director gshuman@prizelogic.com
    MIDWEST
    Aaron Lobliner
    SVP, Managing Director alobliner@prizelogic.com
    WEST
    Kaiser Yang
    SVP, Managing Director kyang@prizelogic.com
    04-28-2016 04:36 PM
    Here's my story:

Submitted Gear S2 offer on 3/11.

Received this on 3/23 - Your submission has been approved; however because the
    purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
    purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
    bundle.

3/24 - Called PL to inquire about the issue. They said the email was a mistake sent out by Samsung, not PL. Also, they assured me that I would definitely be receiving a Gear S2.

3/24 to 4/27 - Called PL once a week to check on order status (the shipping estimate online has been all over the place). Nothing like listening to TITANIUM for 45 minutes!!! Each time I asked what gift they were sending. Every time they replied Gear VR. After pressing them that I should be getting the S2, they always said "Ok I checked your notes, yes you're getting the Gear S2". Strange I had to ask twice each time I i called.

4/28 - 10 days have passed since my latest estimated ship date of 4/18. I called this afternoon....TITANIUM TITANIUM TITANIUM....and they tell me that because Samsung messed up with an audit, I'll be getting a Gear VR. A "Supervisor" is going to definitely call me back within 24 hours to discuss....so they say. My guess is that will not happen.

I also contacted Verizon. They responded that it was not their offer, but Samsung's...even through they plastered the promotion on every Verizon Online page in the weeks leading up to the Galaxy S7 release. Must be nice to advertise these great offers but have no responsibility to ensure proper fulfillment. They also didn't seem to care that because of this latest problem (with Verizon there have been many) I would be considering a carrier switch. Their words - "If you feel that's best, I understand".

Additionally I contacted Samsung Customer Service. The lady was nice, but said she couldn't help herself, and would instead transfer me to the department in her building that had more info. After a short hold, what do I hear...that horrendous TITANIUM hold music and a recording that I was 18th in line.

At this point I give up. They win. Last Samsung device for me. Regardless of apple vs. android, you gotta admit that Apple would never let a debacle like this unfold. Moral of the story 1) Samsung promotions suck 2) TITANIUM is even worse.
    I know. If I hear TITANIUM one more time I'm going to go nuts. It's been stuck in my head since the phone call I made earlier.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    04-28-2016 04:36 PM
    VR --------- Submission Date ------------ Shipping Date ------------ Estimated Delivery Date
    #1 ------------- 3/15/2016 -------------------- 4/30/2016 ------------------------ 5/3/2016
    #2 ------------- 3/15/2016 --------------------- 5/8/2016 ------------------------ 5/4/2016
    04-28-2016 06:27 PM
    VR --------- Submission Date ------------ Shipping Date ------------ Estimated Delivery Date
    #1 ------------- 3/15/2016 -------------------- 4/30/2016 ------------------------ 5/3/2016
    #2 ------------- 3/15/2016 --------------------- 5/8/2016 ------------------------ 5/4/2016
    It's nice that someone who actually wanted a VR is getting a VR! Congrats!
    04-28-2016 07:19 PM
    It's nice that someone who actually wanted a VR is getting a VR! Congrats!
    If the submissions were done on 3/15 they had no choice but to choose the VR.. that was the first day the S2 was listed as "sold out" on the submission page
    04-28-2016 07:33 PM
    If the submissions were done on 3/15 they had no choice but to choose the VR.. that was the first day the S2 was listed as "sold out" on the submission page
    Just trying to have a positive thought in all this mayhem....Although, some people chose the VR...not everyone wanted the S2....right?
    eddiechi likes this.
    04-28-2016 08:26 PM
    I had already bought the VR myself. I like it but had no use for another one, which is why I chose the watch I probably won't get. Haha

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-28-2016 09:20 PM
    This SOOOO much. The only reason my mom went for the watch is because she got diagnosed with cancer, has been doing chemo and has been in and out of the hospital with many complications from the chemo, has major surgery coming up on April 29th, and even MORE chemo after wards for 9 weeks. She wanted to use the watch as a sort of Life Alert. She has zero use for a VR!!!! Compensation or not, this is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Btw, my parents and I live in Indianapolis, there is NO EXCUSE coming from Plainfield, IN (not more than a 20 minute drive from my work) that they couldn't have gotten it to us by now.
    My Friend - life is too short to wait on PL - If you can swing it .. but your mom a S2, a Apple Watch, heck - anything to help her through this time.
    04-28-2016 10:20 PM
    Well, my watch arrived yesterday and was waiting for me when I got home. I would have posted sooner but I was busy making a customized face for it and figuring out how to install it:Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-20160429_063829.jpg

Good luck to everyone else, hopefully you all work it out.
    04-29-2016 05:48 AM
4,281 ... 8182838485 ...