05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 8485868788 ...
tools
    IMO, their first mistake was offering two items with such a large difference in value. Let's face it, yes, some people may have truly wanted the VR, but the vast majority would have selected the S2. So for a company, who's business it is to run the promotion, to tell you they had no idea that there would be such a huge response to the promo is ludicrous. Right, a $300.00 device is offered for FREE WITH PURCHASE of a S7 to the customers of one of, if not, the largest mobile phone companies in the US, and you don't think there is going to be a huge response....get real...

LOL, the whole thing is starting to remind me of the car dealers that send out the you have won one of the following: $10,000.00, a 60" HDTV or a Transistor Radio...you know which one your gonna get...
    Huge response or not, that rhetoric are just talking points sent down from the suits above to pacify... it's not the huge response that is the issue or quantities available, it seems to be the samsung audit/location code which was self-inflicted or actually a calculated strategy since this has been an issue people have been dealing with since the first week of March when the emails started going out....

and the conflict today still continues with people still getting these denial emails today and then the PL reps claiming it's an error because of a samsung audit, and some reps stating " we just heard about this issue yesterday", makes it all seem contrived since they have known about this issue or "error" as they call it for almost 2 months but it continues to be their excuse but they use "huge response" as the shiny ball..."hey look over here".... we're sorry the huge response has us overwhelmed but do not worry about our clerical issues that can't seem to recognize a correct code and even though we have known about this for 2 months we have no urgency to remedy it, just enjoy your VR.
    04-29-2016 11:30 AM
    I was told 4 weeks from when I called...but people who submitted after me are getting them now. This process stinks. I think I need to stay away from these boards, because as people who submitted after me receive them I get pissed off... happy for them but pissed off for me!!!!
    I know the feeling

Somewhere on planet earth!
    04-29-2016 12:25 PM
    I still have nothing in FedEx manager and no status change. The last contact I've had with PL other than the phone calls was an email I received from them on 4/18 about receiving it in may or until the summer.. I do not want a VR, so I'm content on waiting if that's what it takes..
    Preordered phone 3/5
    Received and Submitted 3/10
    phone approval 3/12 received approval email 3/19

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2016 12:31 PM
    This is what I am doing while I wait. Smoked pork shoulder.

Last one I did took 14 hours to cook to temp. Have fun and enjoy the wait.
    04-29-2016 12:41 PM
    Got a package in the mail today and for a few seconds I was very excited. I opened it to find a VR headset I was told on the phone and via email that I was getting the S2. I called and before telling them what I had received I asked them to look me up in the system. They still show that I am to receive the S2. The web site shows that as well. When I told her what happened, she said that a manager would need to get back to me to clear this up. Wow, someone is loosing money on the shear volume of extra work that is happening because of "system glitches". I wonder if I will still get the S2 since the award web site is still showing my S2 will ship on 4/30.
    04-29-2016 12:42 PM
    I ordered from bestbuy then I put my information in on 3/7 or 3/8. Cancelled it. Placed an order in at verizon on 3/9 for the silver titanium. Got the phone 3/18. Then submitted the MEID and receipt on 3/19. Approved 3/20. And shipping information was entered on 4/28, but didn't pop up on fedex delivery manager til today.

I ordered mine on VZW on 3/4/16 - Silver S7 Edge...on backorder with expected ship date of 3/31/16. I called VZW and was told that I may not get the S2 if I didn't receive the phone before promo ends but to enter my basic info on Samsung Promo page which I immediately did.

Received my phone on 3/18/16, immediately finished entering in Samsung Promo Page.

Received "Thanks for your offer claim!" email on 3/18/16.

Started checking samsung promo check status regularly. It showed approved about a week after I received the first email on 3/18/16. Noticed language on T & C's stated for VR. I emailed prizelogic via contact us button on 4/4/16 to verifty S2 or VR.

Received email response from Prizelogic on 4/8/16 that I am approved for the S2.

Status changed several times from in route to shipment pending, to in route, etc...

On 4/18/16 is when I get the submission approved and S2 may be May or Summer.

Status keeps changing from In Route to Shipment pending...

Still nothing showing in Fedex Delivery Manager.

So you submitted after me, both on pre-ordering the phone and submitting the promo and yours is on its way and I am still holding my breath...

The promo is what made me leave iPhone to come back and try Samsung and Android again...I have not had a Samsung device since the first Galaxy...Samsung Fascinate and I loved that phone.

Love the S7 Edge but may be going back to Apple in 2 years.

I'm sure I will have mine about the time football kicks off again...lol
    04-29-2016 01:17 PM
    Got a package in the mail today and for a few seconds I was very excited. I opened it to find a VR headset I was told on the phone and via email that I was getting the S2. I called and before telling them what I had received I asked them to look me up in the system. They still show that I am to receive the S2. The web site shows that as well. When I told her what happened, she said that a manager would need to get back to me to clear this up. Wow, someone is loosing money on the shear volume of extra work that is happening because of "system glitches". I wonder if I will still get the S2 since the award web site is still showing my S2 will ship on 4/30.
    That was actually a really smart approach to take on the phone call... That keeps them from coming with some type of BS excuse they would try if you just called telling them you got a VR instead of a S2...
    04-29-2016 01:47 PM
    .... I wonder if I will still get the S2 since the award web site is still showing my S2 will ship on 4/30.
    This makes me laugh (no offense) because my status still shows processing with est. shipping date 4/1, and after getting it 3 days ago. And the site doesn't really say what you're getting. Yes it would be hilarious if they still sent me the S2 and the VR was an accidental shipment. It isn't like PL is aware what is shipped and when anyway (from what I can tell). Edit: this whole invalid location code was just water cooler information around the office, their computer tells them nothing. So first time they say oh, it must have been out of stock. Next time, oh, I heard about this invalid location code thing, it must be that. Their process is such a joke it's pathetic.
    04-29-2016 02:25 PM
    Last one I did took 14 hours to cook to temp. Have fun and enjoy the wait.
    Only a 7 lber. Cooking it for pulled pork and only 4 degrees away from pulling it and resting it until dinner. All together around 8 hours.

04-29-2016 02:39 PM
    During one of my recent PL calls, I was assured (again) that I would be receiving an S2 within 4-6 weeks. I'm still somewhat hopeful...but that puts me at late May into June.
    Wiseguy32 likes this.
    04-29-2016 02:44 PM
    During one of my recent PL calls, I was told that there were actually 4 audits/levels of approval conducted by Samsung for this promotion. Of course, "you are definitely getting an S2 because you have passed all 4!" So, I used the logic (lol) that if they had not run out of S2s and they obviously hadn't since people were actually receiving them each day this week and I was approved, why didn't they just send mine since I submitted earlier than most of those who were getting theirs. There was a second or two of silence ( I assume she was trying to remember what the excuse was for that day) and said that they had no control over what the 3rd party fulfillment company chose to do. I was assured (again) that I would be receiving an S2 within 4-6 weeks. I'm still somewhat hopeful, but....I keep checking whenever I get home cuz I expect a VR any day now.
    you should start calling brightpoint now
    04-29-2016 02:58 PM
    Lol. I think this thread has single handedly gotten me in to the "top posters" and "top liked" lists of the member shoutouts at the top of the page... I just noticed those were there.
    04-29-2016 03:19 PM
    Only a 7 lber. Cooking it for pulled pork and only 4 degrees away from pulling it and resting it until dinner. All together around 8 hours.

What temp? I keep mine smokin around 225.
    04-29-2016 03:45 PM
    What temp? I keep mine smokin around 225.
    250 and smoke until 160 then wrap and continue to 195. Basted with apple juice and homebrew beer mixture.

dryja123 likes this.
    04-29-2016 04:37 PM
    250 and smoke until 160 then wrap and continue to 195. Basted with apple juice and homebrew beer mixture.

That sounds really good

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    04-29-2016 06:46 PM

Ah, the gold old Texas crutch! That explains why yours cooks so much faster than mine. Mine stalls like a b****.

Great idea on the Apple juice and the beer mix. I have a great Apple Cider Vinegar and New Castle Brown Ale finishing sauce I make.

I can PM you the recipe if you'd like.
    04-29-2016 06:55 PM
    Ah, the gold old Texas crutch! That explains why yours cooks so much faster than mine. Mine stalls like a b****.

Great idea on the Apple juice and the beer mix. I have a great Apple Cider Vinegar and New Castle Brown Ale finishing sauce I make.

I can PM you the recipe if you'd like.
    Yeah I had someone tell me to try it when I did my brisket and worked great. The only downside is that the bark goes a tad soft.

That would be great thank you.

04-29-2016 07:10 PM
    So, I have not posted for fear that somehow PL would read and mess up my order even more (if it is not already). Submitted on 3/10 for 2 S2's. They were approved sometime during that week (forced myself to wait a week to check), status was pending and I received the infamous 4/7 mail about being approved, shipment may be summer. Status changed to "in route", then back to pending, then back to in route, then back to pending (latest change was a week ago the day after I called because it had been in route for more than 3 days with no tracking information). Called PL last night, they said "definitely S2" but no idea when I would be getting or why those who submitted after me were able to gleefully (no sarcasm to anyone here) post images of the S2s they had recieved.

Tonight I called VZW, after 2 escalations in supervisors(because my intent was to get it as high in the chain as I could and have them put pressure on Samsung/PL), I was assured that they have an internal executive team looking into the issue. I am pretty sure it was legitimate as they also took steps to make sure I was satisfied. I will not post the details of that, but I can say that they did provide a workable solution.

KUDOS to Verizon!!!! (And I thought you know where would freeze over before I EVER said that)

EDITED TO ADD:
    The entire time I chatted with Verizon, I stressed that I knew it was not THEIR promotion, but I wanted to make sure that executive leadership was aware of the fact that Samsung and PL were jeopardizing such a large (potentially 35K +) loyal customer base. At NO time was I rude or condescending to the VZW reps who were just trying to assist me.
    wheresmys2 and Aushoj like this.
    04-29-2016 07:15 PM
    That sounds really good

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    It was awesome

04-29-2016 07:15 PM
    So, I have not posted for fear that somehow PL would read and mess up my order even more (if it is not already). Submitted on 3/10 for 2 S2's. They were approved sometime during that week (forced myself to wait a week to check), status was pending and I received the infamous 4/7 mail about being approved, shipment may be summer. Status changed to "in route", then back to pending, then back to in route, then back to pending (latest change was a week ago the day after I called because it had been in route for more than 3 days with no tracking information). Called PL last night, they said "definitely S2" but no idea when I would be getting or why those who submitted after me were able to gleefully (no sarcasm to anyone here) post images of the S2s they had recieved.

Tonight I called VZW, after 2 escalations in supervisors(because my intent was to get it as high in the chain as I could and have them put pressure on Samsung/PL), I was assured that they have an internal executive team looking into the issue. I am pretty sure it was legitimate as they also took steps to make sure I was satisfied. I will not post the details of that, but I can say that they did provide a workable solution.

KUDOS to Verizon!!!! (And I thought you know where would freeze over before I EVER said that)

EDITED TO ADD:
    The entire time I chatted with Verizon, I stressed that I knew it was not THEIR promotion, but I wanted to make sure that executive leadership was aware of the fact that Samsung and PL were jeopardizing such a large (potentially 35K +) loyal customer base. At NO time was I rude or condescending to the VZW reps who were just trying to assist me.
    Did you happen to mention to VZW that many got VRs when promised S2s? I understand it is frustrating not knowing when you'll get something but frankly it's worse when you get exactly what you didn't want.
    04-29-2016 08:08 PM
    got my shipment information today on fedex delivery manager

it's .9 lbs

is it the S2 or VR?

-edit-

i see the label says Brightpoint C/O Time Warner

no wonder all the deliveries are funky
    The 0.9 is a gear S2 watch.

04-29-2016 09:12 PM
    Did you happen to mention to VZW that many got VRs when promised S2s? I understand it is frustrating not knowing when you'll get something but frankly it's worse when you get exactly what you didn't want.
    Yes, in fact I did in the 2.5 hour conversation.

That was why I had called in the first place. With the timing of my submission, and the lack of anything in the way of a real status, I was coming to the conclusion that I would likely be getting a VR if I got anything. My initial confirmation e-mail said Gear VR Bundle, but nothing about being a business account. All subsequent discussions said S2.

I was trying to get VZW to call, and use their influence to persuade the Samsung/PL team to actually follow their own terms and conditions. (ie FIFO and giving out what we were actually approved for)
    04-30-2016 05:45 AM
    so i posted before but just checked Fedex manager and have label created was to be delivered 4/29 which has passed as it is 4/30 today but at least its something says its .9lbs. and from Plainfield IN to sw burbs of chicago so like 3 hours away hopefully it will actually ship soon
    04-30-2016 11:02 AM
    when did you submit? and congrats

04-30-2016 02:12 PM
    3/18 put info on Google docs link

04-30-2016 02:17 PM
4,281 ... 8485868788 ...