Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I properly entered my information (IMEI and MAC) on my S7 Edge and went to the Samsung Promotions page in order to get my promotional gift of the Gear VR. However, on their "check your status" page, I still am not getting a positive confirmation.

This is the exact phrase I'm getting...not too encouraging!
"
Your submission is currently under review."​

May we start a thread so we can all see who has been successful in getting a "you're registered and a Gear VR is coming to you in 2 weeks" type of reply?

Thanks.

Last edited:

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Got my order info from Sprint. They are shipping them directly, so you don't have to go through the Samsung Promo site.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It means they are reviewing your submission, don't think they will process it immediately. Probably will take a week or two. It shows the same for me and probably for everyone else.

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Got mine this morning through Best Buy...preordered 2 weeks ago, was told they would be released on the 11th...got my email last night saying it would be ready for pickup this morning...got my VR and 62gb card at the same time...I'm a happy camper

Last edited:

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Got mine this morning through Best Buy...preordered 2 weeks ago, was told they would be released on the 7th...got my email last night saying it would be ready for pickup this morning...got my VR and 62gb card at the same time...I'm a happy camper

@AirMech74: oh wow, my my, you win the prize for the very first one that I heard of to have received the free Gear VR!!

Congrats to you. Btw, i wanted to be able to access and view the New York Times newpaper's VR videos (they have many!) and they specifically say that their videos are "Google Cardboard compatible", so ANY "viewers" that are compatible with Google Cardboard would be able to view their videos.

well, despite writing them to ask, they never wrote back! may i ask if you'd mind checking out the New York Times' VR videos to see if you can use your Gear VR to view them please?

Thanks so much in advance.

klee0032

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's how the Samsung promo site works... When I got $50 bucks for signing up for samsung pay. Same thing happened.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Even free - I'm not excited about the VR -- am I the only one?

i'm excited to see it mature into something neat. i had a Gear VR when i had my note 5 (i sold it with the phone since i preordered the s7 edge and hope i get one in the promo) and it's neat for a bit, nothing mind blowing, but i don't think the gear vr has the processing power to really do a ton with it, not like the HTC headset or the oculus one, but those need powerful graphics cards and computers to run them so it's not really in the same league.

but it's a fun experience and i'm excited to see where it can go. honestly i'm way more interested in AR and something like the hololens, because those demos really blew me away compared to all of the VR demos combined.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks For Your Offer Claim!

Hello richard,
Thanks, we've received your Offer claim for The Gear VR Offer!
Once we've approved your Offer Claim Form, we’ll send you a confirmation email*.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
so i have a doubt which receipt do you guys submitted ? photo of the one that comes with the phone or email screen shot? att

i used the packing list/receipt that came in the box. it's what i used for my note 5 and that seemed to do the trick.

submitted mine just now and it's now pending approval

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine didn't come with a receipt in the box. So I submitted a screenshot of my order. Which is not exactly what they were looking for. The day after I submitted that which I was already doubtful of tmobile sent me via email an actual receipt which is probably what they wanted me to upload. I tried to call the Samsung promotion Customer Support number today and through the automated system was advised that if the file uploaded was unacceptable that they would send you a link to reupload a copy of the actual receipt.

Posted via the Android Central App