Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
You're correct, those are not the original terms. The original terms did not clearly state the quantity but still stated while supplies last. Here are the terms from 3/9.

....... and also stated....., "on a first-come, first-served basis."

Those are not the original terms and conditions either, they had already been changed or amended before March 9th....... no one is here to argue, people are trying to make sense of a very poorly structured and ever-changing situation in which the customer is being held to the terms and conditions but the promoter is exempt.... but dropping in and making a condescending statement which pretty much is in reference that anyone with a legitimate concern is "too stupid to read" does not help anyone.

Last edited:

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Are you doing it from your phone? There should be a little blue pencil... Click on it, if you don't have the sheets app installed you will be asked to install it...

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Are you doing it from your phone? There should be a little blue pencil... Click on it, if you don't have the sheets app installed you will be asked to install it...

Yeah doing it from my phone clicked on link spreadsheet comes up but no blue pencil anywheres

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Hmmmm... It disappears on me if I scroll down but if I scroll back up to the beginning it pops up again...

Attachments

• 4183.jpg
    4183.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 101

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
....... and also stated....., "on a first-come, first-served basis."

Those are not the original terms and conditions either, they had already been changed or amended before March 9th....... no one is here to argue, people are trying to make sense of a very poorly structured and ever-changing situation in which the customer is being held to the terms and conditions but the promoter is exempt.... but dropping in and making a condescending statement which pretty much is in reference that anyone with a legitimate concern is "too stupid to read" does not help anyone.

I wasn't trying to come off condescending and I never said that people were to stupid to read. I was merely trying to make the point to a comment that was made, by another member, about filing a class action lawsuit for a free gift promo. My comments were not directed to the group as a whole but it was directed in response to that one comment.

Trust me, I can relate to everyone's frustration. I was caught up in this mess for 2 promotions and I actively shared my experiences on this thread as I was going along through the process.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Great work on the spreadsheet. After you collect some data you'll be able to create some really nice pivot tables to analyze what you have.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't trying to come off condescending and I never said that people were to stupid to read. I was merely trying to make the point to a comment that was made, by another member, about filing a class action lawsuit for a free gift promo. My comments were not directed to the group as a whole but it was directed in response to that one comment.

Trust me, I can relate to everyone's frustration. I was caught up in this mess for 2 promotions and I actively shared my experiences on this thread as I was going along through the process.

Sorry, I understand... everyone that is a party to this wishes it was as simple as just reading the terms and conditions but after numerous examples of people being mislead, given false promises and directly misinformed by all participating representatives and on numerous occasions by all parties involved "don't worry about the fine print, you will get yours" there are many people with just cause to seek another way to find a remedy for very poor communication that results in nothing more than "passing the buck" enough times that the consumer gets too frustrated to seek out a just remedy or attempt another recourse of action that provides some relief from frustration like the aforementioned $200 ecredit previously stated here in this thread.

Last edited:

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Here I am pre order the phone on the 27th,received the phone the 9th went straight online to fill it out, and nothing but 1 damn email, saying congratulations on the gear s2, here I am about 7 weeks in and still a pending shipping date, they better send it to me or Verizon isn't gonna be happy when they lose the 10 lines I pay for on my account, because prize logic couldn't get one thing right, and here people are days and weeks after me already got there's, when I applied it said online pre order only for the gear s2 watch, what a crock Of crap,

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
They did not follow even their updated Terms and Conditions. They are not awarding watches on a first come first serve basis nor are they substituting items of an equal or greater value by forcibly switching ppl to the VR headset

Rhodes156

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I keep seeing "it's a free device".... umm no lol. Verizon is and has always been the most expensive carrier. The phones, IMO are overpriced and I have been a loyal customer for 12+years. I paid for that Gs2!!

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know the complete rules for posting links, however, if you Google "toys r us bait switch" and read the first article that is from a marketing law site, it is pretty similar to what is going on here...especially if you have documentation from Prizelogic indicating you were to receive the Gear S2. Further, how do any of us know that they have even distributed the number of watches or, for that matter, VRs that they have claimed? I mean, after the run around we have received, does anyone believe anything they say?

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I don't know the complete rules for posting links, however, if you Google "toys r us bait switch" and read the first article that is from a marketing law site, it is pretty similar to what is going on here...especially if you have documentation from Prizelogic indicating you were to receive the Gear S2. Further, how do any of us know that they have even distributed the number of watches or, for that matter, VRs that they have claimed? I mean, after the run around we have received, does anyone believe anything they say?

Definitely sounds alot like what we are dealing with! Good find

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site

Great Article. It does sound like what they are doing to us, on top of that they said first come, first serve and you had to pre order the phone, none of that was true.

jjenkins2005

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
First things first, I never stated that I was filing a Class Action for this promo merely stating that this situation has the makings of one. I would be better benefitted by using the arbitration clause as stated in the and Terms and Conditions..... Now since you continue to reference the Terms and Conditions, I will start by saying that legally, the T&C that have to be followed are the ones that are published when I entered the promotions. I cannot be legally bounded to T&C's that were posted after the I submitted because there was no way for me to acknowledge that I agreed to said terms. T&Cs are legally binding for all parties involved so if said customers follow the T&C and the sponsor (Samsung Electronics America) and the promotion admin (PrizeLogic) don't follow said T&C's they are indeed breaching the T&C's which open legal options for customer. It doesn't matter that the gift was free... It was offered with very simple conditions for qualifying... Purchase the phone using an approved method... Submit the claim with specific documentation supporting the purchase and you will receive the gift. If selected gift was unavailable, SEA had the right to substitute with a gift of EQUAL or Greater value. The problem here for most of us isn't that the gift is being switched, since they have every right to do so. The problem is that it's being switched for a gift that is of lesser value while continuing to mislead the customer by informing them they will still receive their selected gift... This is known as a violation of the terms and conditions in the legal word and the customer has EVERY right to seek legal action.... While there are likely plenty of buyers who knew they were going to get the GS7 or GS7E before the promotion was announced but I can guarantee you that the promotion helped persuade customers who were on the fence especially with other flagship devices being released in following weeks. Bottom line, Samsung benefited from the increase in sales which helped pad their bottom line and allowed them to close Q1 with huge profits and the thinks WE customers are getting is a big fat “F**& Off”....

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
First things first, I never stated that I was filing a Class Action for this promo merely stating that this situation has the makings of one. I would be better benefitted by using the arbitration clause as stated in the and Terms and Conditions..... Now since you continue to reference the Terms and Conditions, I will start by saying that legally, the T&C that have to be followed are the ones that are published when I entered the promotions. I cannot be legally bounded to T&C's that were posted after the I submitted because there was no way for me to acknowledge that I agreed to said terms. T&Cs are legally binding for all parties involved so if said customers follow the T&C and the sponsor (Samsung Electronics America) and the promotion admin (PrizeLogic) don't follow said T&C's they are indeed breaching the T&C's which open legal options for customer. It doesn't matter that the gift was free... It was offered with very simple conditions for qualifying... Purchase the phone using an approved method... Submit the claim with specific documentation supporting the purchase and you will receive the gift. If selected gift was unavailable, SEA had the right to substitute with a gift of EQUAL or Greater value. The problem here for most of us isn't that the gift is being switched, since they have every right to do so. The problem is that it's being switched for a gift that is of lesser value while continuing to mislead the customer by informing them they will still receive their selected gift... This is known as a violation of the terms and conditions in the legal word and the customer has EVERY right to seek legal action.... While there are likely plenty of buyers who knew they were going to get the GS7 or GS7E before the promotion was announced but I can guarantee you that the promotion helped persuade customers who were on the fence especially with other flagship devices being released in following weeks. Bottom line, Samsung benefited from the increase in sales which helped pad their bottom line and allowed them to close Q1 with huge profits and the thinks WE customers are getting is a big fat “F**& Off”....

I think they need to clarify who it's equal or lesser value to. Us or them. For all we know, it could cost Samsung the same amount to manufacture a S2 or a VR, so to them the prizes would be equal value. We don't know how much profit is made on each device, so they could say be losing money on the price of the VR but profiting nicely on the S2.