05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 9293949596 ...
tools
    I got the email! Nothing in FDM, but at least I got included in the email. So, wonder if the people who already have their S2s got the same email?
    a while back on the verizonwireles forums, people who received them got the email a few days before delivery but we will see.

Posted via the Android Central App
    wheresmys2 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-05-2016 07:11 PM
    Been lurking for a while...finally had to respond.

I got the 4/7 email...Have "shipping label created" in FedEx DM - created on the 28th. I got the "activate your S2" email today.

I got my S7 on 3/18 and submitted for the promotion on the same day and was approved (according to PL) on 3/19. No movement or activity with FedEx since ticket creation. At least the shipping weight on mine does say .9 lb...

Toad
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-05-2016 07:16 PM
    Been lurking for a while...finally had to respond.

I got the 4/7 email...Have "shipping label created" in FedEx DM - created on the 28th. I got the "activate your S2" email today.

I got my S7 on 3/18 and submitted for the promotion on the same day and was approved (according to PL) on 3/19. No movement or activity with FedEx since ticket creation. At least the shipping weight on mine does say .9 lb...

Toad
    I have a feeling those sitting on label created from 4/28 will see them start to be "in transit" tonight but it won't update on fedex DM until early morning.....
    05-05-2016 07:30 PM
    I have a feeling those sitting on label created from 4/28 will see them start to be "in transit" tonight but it won't update on fedex DM until early morning.....
    After waiting this long for ANY activity the actual shipping label creation was a welcome surprise. Now having waited another week for any activity from fedex I am again hoping for some sort of activity. I certainly hope you are correct...I've waited this long - I gave up calling PL about a week ago...

Toad
    05-05-2016 07:42 PM
    I got the email! Nothing in FDM, but at least I got included in the email. So, wonder if the people who already have their S2s got the same email?
    I received my S2 several weeks ago and got the same activation email. I'm guessing it's just a generic message to anyone who submitted for the S2.

Good luck to all still waiting for their watches. I just got lucky---pre-ordered online at Verizon Wireless, submitted on 3/8 (or 3/10, don't remember), and didn't get stuck in the location-code audit debacle. That's what seems to be the difference between the people who received the S2 all ready and those who have not.

05-05-2016 08:07 PM
    a while back on the verizonwireles forums, people who received them got the email a few days before delivery but we will see.

Got one of the Activate your Gear S2 email's today as well... no telling what it means though...
    05-05-2016 08:49 PM
    I hate to say it guys....I received my watch two weeks ago and got the email today that everyone is getting....
    Cnicks likes this.
    05-05-2016 08:53 PM
    I hate to say it guys....I received my watch two weeks ago and got the email today that everyone is getting....
    Dizzammn thanks for letting us know.. that means it was a scheduled mass email due to timing of the original T&C I'm guessing.

Still keeping hope alive
    Submitted 3/10

clintw22 likes this.
    05-05-2016 08:57 PM
    I would venture to guess it means that you are not getting a Gear VR ....
    clintw22 likes this.
    05-05-2016 09:12 PM
    Here's my tale of S2 woe....

2/23/16
    • pre-ordered phone via Verizon Wireless web page

3/9/16
    • received phone, register for Samsung Promotion for a Gear S2 watch
    • Received confirmation email from Prizelogic for submission b7570717-20f9-42e0-b0b5-481160e6909f that I had submitted for Gear S2 watch

3/23/16

• Received incorrect email from Samsung Promotions indicating that my purchase receipt denoted an in-store and/or online business purchase so I would receive VR instead. I emailed Prizelogic to inform them that this was incorrect – I ordered online and it was a personal purchase.

 You claimed that my purchase was not eligible for the Gear S2 watch because it was an in store and/or online business purchase, but that is not the case. It was an online purchase for a phone for personal use. I do get a corporate discount through Verizon via the law firm I work for, but my phone was purchased by me I am paying for it myself and it is strictly for personal use so I wish you would reconsider and provide me with the product I originally requested and am eligible for. I shouldn't be punished for utilizing my corporate discount.

3/29/16

• Received an email from Prizelogic confirming that was approved for the Gear S2

 Hello,
     Thank you for the inquiry. I have looked over your claim and see you’re approved for the Gear S2. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
     Thank you,
     Prizelogic support

4/6/16

• Received a 2nd email from Prizelogic confirming that was approved for the Gear S2

 Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry, we can confirm that your gift selection is the Gear S2. Your status will be updated via email. If you have any further questions please reach out.

Best Regards,
    PrizeLogic Customer Support

4/29/16

• Received a VR in the mail via FedEx
    • Called Prizelogic was on hold for an hour and then spoke to someone who said a supervisor would call me back in an hour. Still waiting as of 5/5/16
    • Also sent an email through the promotions status page

5/5/16

• received two nonsense emails from PrizeLogic, one telling me that I had applied for the VR and a second saying that first email was in error and that they reserve the right to substitute a product of Equal or greater value.

 Thank you for your inquiry;

 The S2 watch was an option to switch provided to customers for a brief period. You did not select that option therefore, your original gift selection (GEAR VR) is already being processed for shipment. For more information, please check the status of your gift here: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/info/checkstatus

 If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

 Thank you,
     PrizeLogic Support

 Hello,

 Thank you for your inquiry.

 We apologize for the below sent to you in error.

 No more than 300,000 Gifts available in this Offer. Gifts are available for a limited time, while supplies last, on a first-come, first-served basis

 Gift items are subject to availability, while supplies last, and may ship separately. Samsung reserves the right to substitute a Gift item for another item of equal or greater value in the event of item unavailability.

 We hope this information was helpful. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

 Thank You,

Still waiting for a Gear S2 or a e-cert to make it right. Oh, and a supervisor call back.
    05-05-2016 09:22 PM
    Seems like the people that this promo initially only applied to (preorders) are mostly the ones getting hardcore screwed with...
    Wiseguy32 likes this.
    05-05-2016 09:50 PM
    Has anyone received this email yet?

Hello Christian,

Congratulations on your new Samsung Gear S2! After you receive your product in the
    mail, don't forget to activate it. Get the most out of your Samsung Gear S2. Enjoy
    connectivity that lets you call, text, email and receive notifications directly from your
    wrist-even when your phone isn't close at hand. Activate your Gear S2 for just $5
    a month* - go to verizonwireless.com or call 800.256.4646.

Somewhere on planet earth!
    Got the same email!
    05-05-2016 10:35 PM
    I would love to know who Verizon spoke to at Samsung or how did they get this information? Are you certain they communicated with Samsung directly or "Samsung Promotions" (which is PL)?
    Actually I've spoken to all 3 (Samsung, PrizeLogic and Verizon.
    05-05-2016 11:22 PM
    The supervisor offered to request Verizon and Samsung to reconsider, but no guarantees. I offered to accept the $200 E-Cert and she asked how I found out about the $200 cert? -- Once again PrizeLogic is saying that they Don't Make the Decisions -- that is up to Verizon and Samsung to reconsider - yet Verizon says Samsung did the audit and they weren't involved and some Samsung representatives say the audit and decisions were made by PrizeLogic. Obviously someone is not being truthful but is seems to be impossible to find out who it is.
    05-05-2016 11:30 PM
    My theory is that these 'location' and 'audit' excuses are simply a ploy that gives them an out if some of us decided to file any type of formal complaint for not receiving our S2s. It's odd that people who submitted (for example) on the 18th, were approved on the 19th, and had received their S2 by the end of March. I think PL/S/V realized something had gone wrong with the early submissions and this entire 'audit' excuse is their out. They can each blame the other. They can say our submissions were all delayed because there were questions and if supplies were exhausted by the time it all worked out, oh well. I think it gives them an opportunity to maintain the first come, first serve line, while claiming it was our 'questionable' submissions that caused us to be last in line. Conspiracy Theory! (Still hoping I get a watch out of this nightmare, tho'.)
    rushdewalt likes this.
    05-06-2016 05:45 AM
    I submitted on the 18th and was approved on the 19th, and am in the same boat as you. So...
    05-06-2016 06:46 AM
    Submitted 3/9, Approved 4/7, In label created FedEx Delivery stage since 4/8...wrote emails to VPs @ prizelogic, called countless times...still no Gear...

Got idiotic activation email today, Decided to have a little fun with PL today...

Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-gear.jpg
    Cnicks, Myshell926 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-06-2016 06:48 AM
    Gear VR promotion is failure I submit my order in AT and T still it is under process.
    05-06-2016 07:00 AM
    My theory is that these 'location' and 'audit' excuses are simply a ploy that gives them an out if some of us decided to file any type of formal complaint for not receiving our S2s. It's odd that people who submitted (for example) on the 18th, were approved on the 19th, and had received their S2 by the end of March. I think PL/S/V realized something had gone wrong with the early submissions and this entire 'audit' excuse is their out. They can each blame the other. They can say our submissions were all delayed because there were questions and if supplies were exhausted by the time it all worked out, oh well. I think it gives them an opportunity to maintain the first come, first serve line, while claiming it was our 'questionable' submissions that caused us to be last in line. Conspiracy Theory! (Still hoping I get a watch out of this nightmare, tho'.)
    when I talked to them they said I wasn't affected by the audit and that I was at the 8 weeks so I should be getting my watch soon. but we will see. also fed ex is trolling me now. they seem to stop in front of my house every now and again for like 3 min, never get off of truck then drive off lol

05-06-2016 07:01 AM
    Sad to say no movement in FDM as of this morning. Still just says "shipping label created" as of 4/28.

Just wish they would stick that label on a box and send it on over to me...
    Myshell926 likes this.
    05-06-2016 07:06 AM
    That's not really an outlandish theory. Everything pretty much points to they screwed up and are now just trying to cover their a$$.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-06-2016 07:42 AM
    I'm happy for everyone that is receiving their items (finally). I'm still trying to understand why I'm not. I think it's to call Verizon. I followed all the rules, submitted before the amended terms & conditions, bought via verizon online, approval email, yada, yada, yada. Still, it seems like everyday, people are receiving their S2s, while I keep being told that I've passed (all 4 levels of audit, lol) and that I'm getting an S2, yet, it's still going to take 6-8 weeks to get mine. I'm just at a loss as to why it's taking so long, while everyone else seems to be getting a resolution. Is anyone else out there who submitted on 3/9-3/12 who is still listed as pending with no end in sight???
    I submitted on 3/11 and in the exact same boat as you. Spoke to PL yet again yesterday and they tried to tell me there are different levels of approvals and the final level of approval was the 4/7 letter and it can take 4-8 weeks from then. I then asked them why people who submitted much later then me got there watches already and got approved and shipped within 2 -3 weeks, they could not answer. I have called Verizon and spoke to supervisors they act like they are going to do something, but when they research and get back to me they tell me it is a samsung promo and it is just delayed, I will eventually get the watches.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-06-2016 07:54 AM
    They are not even trying to cover it now
    05-06-2016 08:30 AM
    Tomorrow will be 8 weeks from my submission date. It took six weeks to get my VR. It will have taken 7 weeks and 6 days to get my S2.

Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-s2.jpg
    05-06-2016 08:39 AM
    Tomorrow will be 8 weeks from my submission date. It took six weeks to get my VR. It will have taken 7 weeks and 6 days to get my S2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	226743
    glad to see that at least someone from the 4/28 label created group has gotten movement. Nothing so far for me yet
    05-06-2016 09:06 AM
4,281 ... 9293949596 ...