05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 9394959697 ...
tools
    yeah same label on 4/28 and still no movement
    05-06-2016 09:15 AM
    Tomorrow will be 8 weeks from my submission date. It took six weeks to get my VR. It will have taken 7 weeks and 6 days to get my S2.

Attachment 226743
    Yeah tomorrow is 8 weeks since submission and nothing in hand yet. Positive side is this will finally be over for you!

Somewhere on planet earth!
    LanceAllan likes this.
    05-06-2016 09:40 AM
    Another day gone still waiting for my gear vr to show up. Submitted on 3/12. At least this week it says on the promo site that it's preparing for shipment. I'm pretty sure that's a change from what it previously said but dont really remember. Estimated ship date was 4/30. Nothing on fedex manager yet. And I live in Indiana only a few hours from where they ship them.
    05-06-2016 09:48 AM
    PL told me yesterday they are working on fulfilling a new promotion now?????
    05-06-2016 10:12 AM
    Mine has said that since 4/1, never had a date yet. no fdm label created. PL told me it is up to the 3rd party to choose what goes out. In the next breath confirmed they are affiliated with Samsung after she tried to tell me to call Samsung and I called her on it.
    05-06-2016 10:15 AM
    Yep it's over for me. Shortly after my last post I looked and it had been delivered. The good thing about being the boss is I was able to run home for it. Double bonus...it's beautiful out today and I rode the motorcycle to work. After a nice 40 minute round trip motorcycle ride I have my S2 charging on my desk! Best of luck to the rest of you and I hope you get yours soon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread:  please post whether you are successful ...-883.jpg  
    05-06-2016 10:22 AM
    So for those of you receiving the watch - Are you activating it? Did it cost you anything besides the $5 a month to do so? I was one of the scammed and received a VR instead. I bought a watch off craigslist cause that is what I wanted! But when I asked about activating the watch when I was talking to a Verizon rep he told i would have to pay $35 for a line activation.
    I was never going to receive the watch like I registered for but I did agree to keep the VR and get a $200 samsung promo code. Now what to get...
    05-06-2016 10:43 AM
    Congrats! I don't even have a label created. Submitted 3/10 Approved 3/19

05-06-2016 10:43 AM
    at least someone has seen movement on the 4/28 labels!!! If there is no movement on the others after tonight nothing will be delivered until at least Tuesday now......
    05-06-2016 10:46 AM
    So for those of you receiving the watch - Are you activating it? Did it cost you anything besides the $5 a month to do so? I was one of the scammed and received a VR instead. I bought a watch off craigslist cause that is what I wanted! But when I asked about activating the watch when I was talking to a Verizon rep he told i would have to pay $35 for a line activation.
    I was never going to receive the watch like I registered for but I did agree to keep the VR and get a $200 samsung promo code. Now what to get...
    I was told by verizon and it is on the web site that activation is $40. What I was also curious about is what are the taxes? Do you have to pay all the regulatory fees and 911 and all that on top of the $5?
    05-06-2016 11:38 AM
    I was told by verizon and it is on the web site that activation is $40. What I was also curious about is what are the taxes? Do you have to pay all the regulatory fees and 911 and all that on top of the $5?
    I would think so since it is another line but could be wrong.

05-06-2016 11:48 AM
    could probably try to get them to waive the activation fee
    05-06-2016 11:56 AM
    Mine was going to be about $7.80 a month with taxes and vzw said they would waive activation fee but I haven't activated mine yet.... so the activation fee is just hearsay and YMMV depending on who you speak with but w/ all the issues with this promo I think people might be persuasive in getting it waived
    05-06-2016 12:13 PM
    Congrats! I don't even have a label created. Submitted 3/10 Approved 3/19

Yep, me neither. It feels odd to be excited for these guys when they get theirs....can't help but be happy for them. Then there's a huge disappointed feeling when I realize that I am still where I was weeks ago.....Pending with nothing in FDM. I'm thinking it's a new disease.....TS2IEFBD= Temporary S2 induced euphoria followed by devastation.
    05-06-2016 03:01 PM
    Yep, me neither. It feels odd to be excited for these guys when they get theirs....can't help but be happy for them. Then there's a huge disappointed feeling when I realize that I am still where I was weeks ago.....Pending with nothing in FDM. I'm thinking it's a new disease.....TS2IEFBD= Temporary S2 induced euphoria followed by devastation.
    I completely understand
    05-06-2016 03:28 PM
    this sums up the situation perfectly

05-06-2016 03:41 PM
    So I called PL again.. spoke to a nice lady, but she could definitely hear the frustration in my voice. Still no estimated shipping information. She also said that I didn't get approved until 4/14, i said we'll I have an email that says I was approved on 3/19 . She then said that she doesn't see that. I then told her that when I called in early April I was told that my s2 was waiting to be shipped then, like most she didn't know anything about that.

She said nothing about an audit but that they were backlogged. I asked why am I one of the initial submitters but still waiting, she then said it had nothing to do with submit date but date of approval.

Why would someone who submitted all of the correct information on 3/10 take over a month to get approved?? Of course there was no answer to the question. I asked if I was going to get the shaft and sent a VR she said that she can't see the actual gift, that's out of her hands, but said that if I was getting substituted then I would have received an email saying so.

Submitted 3/10
    Approval email 3/19
    PL Approval (BS) 4/14
    Ship date : WTFK

Uggghhh

Wiseguy32 likes this.
    05-06-2016 03:59 PM
    So I called PL again.. spoke to a nice lady, but she could definitely hear the frustration in my voice. Still no estimated shipping information. She also said that I didn't get approved until 4/14, i said we'll I have an email that says I was approved on 3/19 . She then said that she doesn't see that. I then told her that when I called in early April I was told that my s2 was waiting to be shipped then, like most she didn't know anything about that.

She said nothing about an audit but that they were backlogged. I asked why am I one of the initial submitters but still waiting, she then said it had nothing to do with submit date but date of approval.

Why would someone who submitted all of the correct information on 3/10 take over a month to get approved?? Of course there was no answer to the question. I asked if I was going to get the shaft and sent a VR she said that she can't see the actual gift, that's out of her hands, but said that if I was getting substituted then I would have received an email saying so.

Submitted 3/10
    Approval email 3/19
    PL Approval (BS) 4/14

Uggghhh

Sort of the same conversation I had the other day. Lady was nice and even agreed with me about the approval date....sort of. She said she showed that I submitted on the 12th approved on the 13th. When she couldn't find answers she went to manager. They told her my approval date was actually the 6th. I received that email on the 7th. Their dates are all screwed up. I told her I give up. I also expressed how it is so hard to believe that they have no idea what the shipping company is doing.

wheresmys2 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-06-2016 04:13 PM
    huh, that is kinda weird, getting approved the next day after submission... i wonder if that's a clue for something leading to this taking so darn long
    05-06-2016 04:19 PM

Submitted 3/10
    Approval email 3/19
    PL Approval (BS) 4/14

Uggghhh

Isn't it strange that they keep coming up with different scenarios?
    05-06-2016 04:20 PM
    Follow-up message received via Twitter today:

"our team informed us they have met with Verzion and Samsung regarding the location issue. While it is not yet finialized, they want to let you know we will have a resolution sometime next week that will be very helpful. As soon as we have this, we will follow up with you and confirm"
    05-06-2016 10:01 PM

"our team informed us they have met with Verzion and Samsung regarding the location issue. While it is not yet finialized, they want to let you know we will have a resolution sometime next week that will be very helpful. As soon as we have this, we will follow up with you and confirm"
    What was your location issue? Where did you order from?
    05-06-2016 10:36 PM
    What was your location issue? Where did you order from?
    I think the location code indicates the type of purchase you made - online, in the store, et al
    I got the email that said "Your submission has been approved; however because the
    purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
    purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
    bundle." Apparently a lot of people got the email by mistake - I bought the phone online on my personal account
    and the PL folks told me twice I was approved for a S2.
    05-06-2016 11:09 PM

just fyi-

"our team informed us they have met with Verzion and Samsung regarding the location issue. While it is not yet finialized, they want to let you know we will have a resolution sometime next week"

.......if I remember right, if it wasn't this thread it was a similar one - but this excuse has already been regurgitated once or twice, not often, but already thrown out there as a goose chase tactic..... I'm taking a wild guess but I think it was about 4 weeks ago when they first tried this excuse or pacification technique..... not tryin' to rain on any parade, so as always w/ PL, take what they say with a grain... .........!

.....**** Just a side note - I know it is not correct thread but just for those w/ concern after reading many issues about glass breakage on s7edge...... s7edge hit concrete tonight in spigen case..... I was afraid to look at it(after I checked all my vitals).... I hit a wall at 15mph taking a corner on bicycle w/ galaxy S5 recording live and flipped over handle bars and bike went bouncing downhill w/ S7edge mounted on handle bars.... had to carry bike home (bicycle worth 4.5x's S7edge), limping, lol.... but S7edge survived
    05-07-2016 01:29 AM
    I think the location code indicates the type of purchase you made - online, in the store, et al
    I got the email that said "Your submission has been approved; however because the
    purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
    purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
    bundle." Apparently a lot of people got the email by mistake - I bought the phone online on my personal account
    and the PL folks told me twice I was approved for a S2.
    Did you buy it directly from Verizon or through Comcast /xfinity or something like that?
    05-07-2016 01:34 AM
4,281 ... 9394959697 ...