05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 96979899100 ...
tools
    Again, later submission dates are shipping before earlier ones. I submitted the 11th and still have nothing
    Yep. It's starting to get old. I wish there was someone this could be brought up to that would actually do anything. Like, oh say, get those of us that submitted the first week our watches maybe?...
    wheresmys2, deh2004 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-09-2016 08:07 AM
    Me neither. I've checked 4 times. Submitted 3/11 via my Verizon account online. Approved 3/25. Approval email 4/7. Shipment Date: Pending. Stinks.
    Same exact situation except Submitted 3/11 and approved 3/13, letter 4/7, shipment date pending....I really think ours are lost somewhere.
    wheresmys2, Wiseguy32 and abrush like this.
    05-09-2016 08:08 AM
    FYI...even though PL website says they are open at 10AM...they are answering phones with no wait time at 9AM EST.

Apparently my stuff is at the Fedex and i should be receiving them soon. Lady said some confusing BS about my order being sent out on April 6 which is a month ago, but someone else here said something about 4/6 as well. Anyway, I am told i can expect them soon.

I also asked for confirmation that i am receiving the watches and she said that their system has changed and the only thing they can see is approval/rejection status.
    05-09-2016 08:21 AM
    VR arrived Friday May 6th!!

Submitted 3/18
    Approved 4/1
    No shipping label created
    Website status still says 'Preparing for shipment - Pending'
    05-09-2016 08:32 AM
    FYI...even though PL website says they are open at 10AM...they are answering phones with no wait time at 9AM EST.

Apparently my stuff is at the Fedex and i should be receiving them soon. Lady said some confusing BS about my order being sent out on April 6 which is a month ago, but someone else here said something about 4/6 as well. Anyway, I am told i can expect them soon.

I also asked for confirmation that i am receiving the watches and she said that their system has changed and the only thing they can see is approval/rejection status.
    How convenient... Now they don't have to answer people asking why PL told them they were receiving one thing only to actually receive something else...
    05-09-2016 08:38 AM
    And here I am a S7 preorder 3/10 submit date, with nothing..

Posted via the Android Central App
    I don't understand....After all the phone calls and realizing that they messed up you would think they would finally do it the correct way and send the people who submitted first their S2's first. I submitted 3/11, people who submitted before me should get it before me and the ones who submitted after me should get it after me. They are still not fixing it.

What I am afraid of is that some of us who submitted between 3/9-3/12 paperwork got lost when sent over to the distribution center. Sure we are still in PL system that is why we get these blanket emails but have no movement on their site (shipping date pending and no fed ex label created). We keep calling and they keep changing the date now they say up to 8 weeks from the 4/7 letter date. What happens in 8 weeks when they still did not ship it out because the distribution center lost our paperwork? Will they finally then look into it????? Sorry venting. Happy that people are getting movement but sucks that I submitted long before them and nothing!!!
    Aushoj, deh2004 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-09-2016 08:54 AM
    I know how you feel! I processed my paperwork on 3/11. Shipping pending!.

05-09-2016 09:19 AM
    I know how you feel! I processed my paperwork on 3/11. Shipping pending!.

It SUCKS!!!!
    05-09-2016 09:23 AM
    Submitted 3/9and..... still "Pending"
    05-09-2016 09:33 AM
    IWhat I am afraid of is that some of us who submitted between 3/9-3/12 paperwork got lost when sent over to the distribution center. Sure we are still in PL system that is why we get these blanket emails but have no movement on their site (shipping date pending and no fed ex label created). We keep calling and they keep changing the date now they say up to 8 weeks from the 4/7 letter date. What happens in 8 weeks when they still did not ship it out because the distribution center lost our paperwork? Will they finally then look into it????? Sorry venting. Happy that people are getting movement but sucks that I submitted long before them and nothing!!!
    That "last mile" part of the distribution is handled by a company call "Brightpoint Distribution LLC" (Brightpoint North America LLC | Company Profile from Hoover’s)

And that company seems so freakin huge that they can tell PL to go blow when PL complains about "first come first serve"

This is where I think our as a first week submitter got lost
    wheresmys2 and deh2004 like this.
    05-09-2016 09:44 AM
    Just off the phone with PL (again). Actually spoke with a supervisior. I was apparently caught in the supposed audit by Samsung and Verizon due to location code. The supervisor offered to request Verizon and Samsung to reconsider, but no guarantees. I offered to accept the $200 E-Cert and she asked how I found out about the $200 cert? I let her know the forums are all over it. Was put on hold for a couple of minutes, and then she offered the eCert. Which I accepted. Was planning on selling the S2 to purchase an S2 Classic anyway. Theoretically I should see an email with the code within 72 hours.
    UPDATED:Waited 4 days for the $200 ecode. Nothing. Called PL yet again. (surprisingly, they answered, no waiting). They are "sorry for the delay", and I should receive the eCert today. Imagine my confidence level.....
    05-09-2016 09:46 AM

I made my weekly call to PL (I like to keep track of the different answers each week) and here's this weeks rhetoric: They apologize that the process is taking so long. I 'should' receive my S2 by the 1st wk of June!' No answer to why submissions after mine are still being sent out ahead of mine. They say mine was sent to fulfillment for shipping on April 8th (this is new and different info), but no answer as to why it would take 2 months to ship it to me! I told them that I understood this circle of blame from V to S to PL to Brightpont....that they can all blame the other, but that I found it hard to believe that someone couldn't pick up a phone, call, and tell them to ship this out because this entire process was wrong, wrong, wrong. No answer.
    Oh well, it made me feel better to vent. I don't believe that they can only see Approval/Rejection status. <<I think that's this week's excuse to add to the list.
    05-09-2016 09:50 AM
    I made my weekly call to PL (I like to keep track of the different answers each week) and here's this weeks rhetoric: They apologize that the process is taking so long. I 'should' receive my S2 by the 1st wk of June!' No answer to why submissions after mine are still being sent out ahead of mine. They say mine was sent to fulfillment for shipping on April 8th (this is new and different info), but no answer as to why it would take 2 months to ship it to me! I told them that I understood this circle of blame from V to S to PL to Brightpont....that they can all blame the other, but that I found it hard to believe that someone couldn't pick up a phone, call, and tell them to ship this out because this entire process was wrong, wrong, wrong. No answer.
    Oh well, it made me feel better to vent. I don't believe that they can only see Approval/Rejection status. <<I think that's this week's excuse to add to the list.
    Do you think we will ever really get them??? Or do you think our paperwork got lost at the Distribution center?
    05-09-2016 09:55 AM
    I told them that I understood this circle of blame from V to S to PL to Brightpont....
    Did the PL rep actually use the word Brightpoint? or was it a "fulfillment company"

I Think that we originally figure out the Brightpoint part of the puzzle when fedex shipping labels started to get reported and we google maps searched the address.

I mention this because there s no real way to contact Brightpoint. That company suspiciously has a very low web presence. Almost like they intentionally insulated themselves.
    wheresmys2 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-09-2016 09:59 AM
    I honestly have no idea what to believe anymore. I would like to think that we will get them, but since we're dealing with a system that can't seem to keep it's own lies straight, how will we know until we have them in-hand? Remember the "they ran out & backordered' line from weeks ago? We now know that's not true. There are so many lies, it's hard to keep up with them all. I loved Samsung's answer: We are only the manufacturers, we have nothing to do with promotions or sales. I think my rant for the day is about companies that can't stand behind what they offer/make/or supply. This situation is going to cause me to think twice before I purchase ANYTHING in the future that involves a "free" option along with the purchase. Lesson learned.
    Wiseguy32 likes this.
    05-09-2016 10:06 AM
    Did the PL rep actually use the word Brightpoint? or was it a "fulfillment company"

I Think that we originally figure out the Brightpoint part of the puzzle when fedex shipping labels started to get reported and we google maps searched the address.

I mention this because there s no real way to contact Brightpoint. That company suspiciously has a very low web presence. Almost like they intentionally insulated themselves.
    No, they said fulfillment company. I said, "you mean Brightpoint, I know all about what they are doing." <<that was 2 weeks ago. So, they never confirmed Brightpoint. Hmmm....maybe it's time to flood Brightpoint with calls/emails. They should love hearing from us! I had the company head's info around here somewhere.....
    05-09-2016 10:09 AM
    Submitted 3/9, Approved 4/8, FedEx tracking Label created 4/12. Mid June is my cutoff date, then an FTC claim is going to be filed... I've had enough. Thinking about just buying the watch for running season. What a Charlie Foxtrot.
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-09-2016 10:14 AM
    Dang, even their FB is just giving canned responses... I just wanted to see what they show as my approval date and both times they just responded with the "We show you to be receiving 2 Gear S2 watches and we will send you tracking info when it becomes available"... That's not even an answer to what I was asking! lol
    05-09-2016 10:25 AM
    This situation is going to cause me to think twice before I purchase ANYTHING in the future that involves a "free" option along with the purchase. Lesson learned.
    Right on, I did learn this same lesson years ago when I sent way for things on the back of cereal boxes when I was 8 and it was the late 80s but I figured ya know with this day and age when I can get updates about the status of my pizza in near real time it might have been different. I look forward to flooding every forum I can find somewhat relevant with “remember the S7 gear S2 promo” posts when the Note 6 promos start.

When it comes to Bright point I have this fun scenario in my head that is probably the reason for the gear VR S2 mix up debacle.

It involves a Joe Nobody warehouse worker that lives in Indianapolis who came to work one day and started working and read the paperwork wrong and started shipping VRs because the promo paperwork said “Free gear VR” on it, not realizing that sometimes a Gear S2 was shipped instead.

Brightpoint warehouse supervisor: “Joe, what the F are you doing?”

Joe Nobody Brightpoint warehouse worker: “wut it says free gear VR, this is a gear VR it goes in da box”

Then when the error was discovered Prizelogic had to spin up some BS about location codes.
    wheresmys2 and Wiseguy32 like this.
    05-09-2016 10:32 AM
    Submitted 3/9, Approved 4/8, FedEx tracking Label created 4/12. Mid June is my cutoff date, then an FTC claim is going to be filed... I've had enough. Thinking about just buying the watch for running season. What a Charlie Foxtrot.
    Not sure what else you would be using the watch for, but it has not received glowing reviews for its fitness tracking capabilities.
    05-09-2016 10:39 AM
    I feel like I have to wait for my 8-week-wait to end, then file a formal complaint. Maybe I will get my 'prize,' but either way, I don't forget and I won't forget. It was wrong, no matter what the outcome. Not that someone can't make a mistake, but it's the part where they refuse to admit it, fix it, offer any help to the consumer. 'We made a mistake and are working to correct the process immediately," would have been a much preferred response to the run-around we've been getting for weeks on end.
    05-09-2016 10:41 AM
    I feel like I have to wait for my 8-week-wait to end, then file a formal complaint. Maybe I will get my 'prize,' but either way, I don't forget and I won't forget. It was wrong, no matter what the outcome. Not that someone can't make a mistake, but it's the part where they refuse to admit it, fix it, offer any help to the consumer. 'We made a mistake and are working to correct the process immediately," would have been a much preferred response to the run-around we've been getting for weeks on end.
    I agree completely.
    05-09-2016 10:52 AM
    No movement front FedEx since Saturday morning....the wait continues.

Posted via the Silver Slacker
    05-09-2016 10:54 AM
    One last thing (don't believe it), the PL rep told me to check my email for a tracking number (the 1st part of June) and to check with Fedex. I guess even they've given up on their own Status Update system! Maybe since BrightPoint is doing their own thing, even PL has no clue when anything is shipping? When (and if) I ever get a tracking number, I'm gonna call PL and let them know just for the fun of it!
    05-09-2016 10:58 AM
    I spoke with PL last week and she told me iot was a good idea to check with them on status and not their website.... really?
    wheresmys2 likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:07 AM
4,281 ... 96979899100 ...