Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
To everyone that got the "in store and/or business" email, would you suggest contacting Verizon or PL about this first? I don't even know which direction to go to get this settled. I already submitted an email to PL about it just so there's physical documentation of my complaint.

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Won't matter...
I have recorded call with Verizon and PL with extensive notes on Verizon side PROMISING I would get s2.... Guess what was in the mail? The vr... And now BOTH companies are not fixing it...
What does the proof help?

Posted via the Android Central App

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who's been approved for the S2 and still showing ship date pending and have nothing in fedex delivery manager?

Yes me, submitted 3/11 approved 3/13, first email saying was approved but may ship into the summer 4/7, have gone from in route, to pending and back again a few times, never received an estimated ship date, now back to pending. Nothing in Fed Ex Manager

jamilkb

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Call both.
I actually had a Verizon rep call Prize Logic.
The Prize Logic rep came on the line and told me that a manager would be contacting me within 7 days to "share some great news".
I don't think i'll be holding my breath.
Meanwhile, my posts on the Verizon forumns are now being moderated. My post about the Bait and Switch from weeks ago when this whole mess started is now gone (you can find it cached if you google Gear S2 Bait and Switch)....
This whole mess stinks....

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
The people receiving the in store email, did you submit the emailed receipt that they sent you when you ordered your phone or the recipet you can access through account manager? Because I noticed my emailed receipt from pre order did not have the location code my receipt from my account manager had.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't add the watch to my account. They told me it was cause my number still had unlimited data and that i would have to change my plan and take off unlimited data and switch to plan that has a data limit. or pay 35$ a month and set up a new plan for the phone to be on its own data.

And this is what the status page is showing
View attachment 225900

yeah sometimes it can be tricky to keep unlimited data, there are lots of threads on AC about it... alot of people are activating the watch with a different service like https://www.pagepluscellular.com/plans/the-12/ so not to goof up the unlimited plan...

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
The people receiving the in store email, did you submit the emailed receipt that they sent you when you ordered your phone or the recipet you can access through account manager? Because I noticed my emailed receipt from pre order did not have the location code my receipt from my account manager had.

It shouldn't matter if PrizeLogic said that Email was a mistake and you were still getting the S2. I submitted 2 receipts, the one in my account manager and the confirmation from VerizonWireless.com.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I scanned a copy of the receipt that came with the phones and they accepted it initially.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I sent a firm email to the PL Midwest account manager and also followed that by calling Verizon wireless to cover all my bases. Verizon 1800 number said they have an entire dept to deal with this and will be able to assist me, so we'll see.

I am done dealing with plain old PL support telling me I will surely get the watch when it seems anyone else who has been told that received the Gear VR anyways.

What was the 1800 number you called? 922-0204? I've got some phone calls to make during lunch today...

wisewhisk

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
looking over the spreadsheet. There are several of us who submitted on/around the same date, received the same email on the same date & are still being told that we will receive S2s. Hope so....

In terms of the spreadsheet, would it be helpful to add when the phone was actually purchased? Is it possible they're taking purchase date into account and not when the promotion was submitted? I received my S2 yesterday.

Purchased online: 3/4
Submitted: 3/10
Approval e-mail: 4/7
Shipped: 4/18
Received: 4/27

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I am getting a 1.4 lb package. Probably a VR. I submitted for the S2. Got the business email. Told through email (paper trail!) I'd be getting a S2. S2 is .9 lbs as far as I know.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

deh2004

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who's been approved for the S2 and still showing ship date pending and have nothing in fedex delivery manager?

Same boat. (purchased 02/23 and delivered 3/9-Verizon) Submitted 3/9. Samsung site approval 3/16. PL email approval on 4/7 AND 4/18 lol Back and forth from in route to pending over the past 3 weeks. The fulfillment side of this promotion is a complete joke. Still waiting patiently to see if I receive both of my watches.

Last edited:

Sector4208

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

This was where I had the issue. Location code was not requested on original T&C or mentioned in the submission process. The "receipt" that was emailed did not include location code. I was emailed 2 different receipts and neither had the location code. I did not see a location code until I had the paper receipt in the box. Seems rather convenient to leave critical details out.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Same boat. Submitted 3/9. Samsung site approval 3/16. PL email approval on 4/7 AND 4/18 lol Back and forth from in route to pending over the past 3 weeks. The fulfillment side of this promotion is a complete joke. Still waiting patiently to see if I receive both of my watches.
Maybe we are all 'special' & we're going to receive an even better prize for waiting so patiently. Like maybe a Platinum Classic Gear S2??? Yes, hallucinations have begun...

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, the 3 POS VRs just arrived on my doorstep...make or break time for Verizon, Samsung/Prizelogic. I have some heavy equipment out in the plant, I have a good mind to flatten them, and ship them back...lol For me, they are completely useless...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Well, the 3 POS VRs just arrived on my doorstep...make or break time for Verizon, Samsung/Prizelogic. I have some heavy equipment out in the plant, I have a good mind to flatten them, and ship them back...lol For me, they are completely useless...
Sorry, cpsheba. I'm wondering if they had sent an email saying they were out of S2s, but would like to offer a $300 eCert instead, maybe it would have been better received than something just showing up on the doorstep. Also, it would enable people to move up to the Gear S2 Classic more easily. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay