Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

jbritt11

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For those who have already received their VR (I picked mine up along with my Edge at Best Buy). How do you activate the $50 worth of VR games that we are supposed to receive (6 game bundle)? I've registered my oculus account but I'm not seeing any of the aforementioned VR content in my library.

Thanks!

Jason101

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered my S7 at a Verizon corporate store and they said I'll have no problem getting the watch as a promo. Little did I know that was not true as in-store you only qualify for a VR. However, in the box today when I received my S7, I have a verizon online customer receipt with a location code D459601 and I'm curious to try it to see if I can get the watch. I don't want to turn the phone on to get the WiFi Mac Address (to avoid a restocking fee) in case I decide to ship it back to the store and order a new S7 online to be fully qualified for the promo. Anyone have a similar situation?

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
This might be a dumb question, but does it matter whether I submit the packing slip from the box or the sales confirmation I received via email?

Batradia

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
For those who have already received their VR (I picked mine up along with my Edge at Best Buy). How do you activate the $50 worth of VR games that we are supposed to receive (6 game bundle)? I've registered my oculus account but I'm not seeing any of the aforementioned VR content in my library.

Thanks!

The 6 game bundle just became available this morning. When you go to the oculus store, the free content is marked as "purchased". You'll see them in your library or while browsing through the store.

Posted via the Android Central App

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon ordered on 2/27
Arrived today at about noon
Submitted around 12:30 got notice at 12:45 that is was submitted for the Gear S2.

2f50237c6261f5af295dd62ae4a5105a.jpg

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon ordered on 2/27
Arrived today at about noon
Submitted around 12:30 got notice at 12:45 that is was submitted for the Gear S2.

Hi Clinton, may I ask what the Location Code is for your packing slip? Mine was rejected the next day citing invalid Location Code. Trying to see if there's a pattern so I can call customer service and inquire about why my code is invalid.

I ordered mine online a week ago too.

Thanks,
Michael

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
The 6 game bundle just became available this morning. When you go to the oculus store, the free content is marked as "purchased". You'll see them in your library or while browsing through the store.

do you know what the games in the bundle are? i've been curious since they don't seem to list them anywhere

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Clinton, may I ask what the Location Code is for your packing slip? Mine was rejected the next day citing invalid Location Code. Trying to see if there's a pattern so I can call customer service and inquire about why my code is invalid.

I ordered mine online a week ago too.

Thanks,
Michael
Sure need to go. No rejection yet tho.

e575859a10514b5f98ec04db7000fe2b.jpg

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi Weirdohappy, was that from your packing slip for the S7 Edge? If yes, then I'll call Verizon and ask them about both your and my location code and see what's going on. Thank you

Yeah mine was on the packing slip. I did an Internet order on verizonwireless.com on 2.24

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine was on the packing slip. I did an Internet order on verizonwireless.com on 2.24

Both you and ClintRoo have the same location code: P175401. I'll call Verizon tomorrow and inquire about why mine's different. Thanks, you two! Eddiechi got a different code too: N832411

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm not either. I may sell mine but I was going to give it to my grandson for his birthday but he doesn't have a Samsung phone so I guess I'll keep it....LOL

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Odd thing happened just now:

i used that samsung promotions link to "check status", and instead of one single line saying that it's "...under review", there is now a SECOND line saying exactly the same thing! weird. it's as though there were TWO submissions but every single word is identical in the two lines!

of course, i only entered one single promotional submission.

may i ask if any one of you good folks out there might be so kind as to try it out too to see if you're seeing the same thing? thanks.

weirdohappy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Odd thing happened just now:

i used that samsung promotions link to "check status", and instead of one single line saying that it's "...under review", there is now a SECOND line saying exactly the same thing! weird. it's as though there were TWO submissions but every single word is identical in the two lines!

of course, i only entered one single promotional submission.

may i ask if any one of you good folks out there might be so kind as to try it out too to see if you're seeing the same thing? thanks.

I only have one "under review " line