Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Ordered both S7 and S7 Edge from Sprint on Thursday. Received both phones and VR units today. No effort on my part. No websites, no paperwork, easy as pie... :)

Yeah - but now you are stuck with a useless VR ... vs the S2, which may also be useless but at least it tells the time.

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine in a physical Verizon store and my receipt doesn't have my name anywhere on it, but on Samsung's website it says it should contain my name. Do any of you know if this will actually be a problem? And if so, any suggestions on what I can do about it?

I'm in the same boat. If it gets denied I'm planning to resubmit with the name on the receipt but still delivered to my address as it really doesn't matter who its shipped to as long as it gets to my door...

ajmatson

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I really hate the third party that Samsung is using. They wrote to me and told me the location code for my online Verizon purchase does not match the location codes that have for verizonwireless.com or phone purchases so I will be getting the Gear VR instead of the S2. Every time I try to call back or respond I get the same email from them. Going to call Verizon today as this is clearly their issue not mine. Anyone else having this? My location code is: 1526901

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I really hate the third party that Samsung is using. They wrote to me and told me the location code for my online Verizon purchase does not match the location codes that have for verizonwireless.com or phone purchases so I will be getting the Gear VR instead of the S2. Every time I try to call back or respond I get the same email from them. Going to call Verizon today as this is clearly their issue not mine. Anyone else having this? My location code is: 1526901

Did they give you the run around with yur location code... was it ordered online or via phone?

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I just ordered the S7 edge through Verizon and just found out that the S2 is sold out. I was kinda leaning toward that over the VR. I wonder if it will be back in stock before the promotion ends on Friday.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I suppose it's moot now that the promotions site put SOLD OUT on the S2 ("SOLD"?? not sure that's the proper term). However I was going to point out I have not seen a verizon location code that didn't start with a letter. I'm curious what verizon will tell you about that number.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm impressed that you even got a response back.... I have two 'under review'

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I did my online submission through Samsung promotions on March 3rd the day that I received my phone. My friend at work did his three days ago when he received his phone. We both did not have a receipt at the time of submission and he has already received a response from Samsung saying that the file he uploaded was not acceptable. Which is a screenshot of the order that T-Mobile sent me once they shipped the phone. So how is it that his submission is 11 days later than mine and he already heard back that his is not acceptable? We both submitted the exact same information in a screenshot. Ironically the day after I submitted for the VR glasses T-Mobile sent me a receipt via email. Which contains all the information required for the submission. However I cannot resubmit the accurate information until Samsung tells me that they have not accepted the first one. They need to get their stuff together.

Posted via the Android Central App

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I did my online submission through Samsung promotions on March 3rd the day that I received my phone. My friend at work did his three days ago when he received his phone. We both did not have a receipt at the time of submission and he has already received a response from Samsung saying that the file he uploaded was not acceptable. Which is a screenshot of the order that T-Mobile sent me once they shipped the phone. So how is it that his submission is 11 days later than mine and he already heard back that his is not acceptable? We both submitted the exact same information in a screenshot. Ironically the day after I submitted for the VR glasses T-Mobile sent me a receipt via email. Which contains all the information required for the submission. However I cannot resubmit the accurate information until Samsung tells me that they have not accepted the first one. They need to get their stuff together.

Sounds fishy to me, not really sure what to think about that

me2kelly74

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I submit my information on 3/1 and got an email confirmation minutes later by email. Today when I check on my status it says " no record of email". So I call Verizon and Samsung, they keep transferring me to an 3rd party, which no answer. I know what to do

sumner929

May 22, 2010
Visit site

The first time I tried to submit I got an email the next day saying I needed to re-upload due to location code being wrong. I guess I sent in the wrong documentation. I then screenshot my email verizon sent me and sent that in. Now it says currently under review.