Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh, ok sorry, misunderstood. Did he ever get it to go through?

No worries. He resubmitted the actual email receipt that he didn't receive until the day after after he submitted his order confirmation email. I thought it was weird that there was not a receipt in the package with the new phone. Like I said I wanted to enter mine as quickly as possible and didn't have an actual receipt. The only thing I had was the confirmation of my order which shows a lot of the same information but not everything that they are looking for. It wasn't until the day after I submitted mine that they sent me an actual receipt via email. However I find it odd that we used the exact same screenshot of our own information and they denied his but approved mine. Oh well. No rush here. I would like my darn Netflix code though. Still says fulfillment pending at this moment.

Posted via the Android Central App

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
No worries. He resubmitted the actual email receipt that he didn't receive until the day after after he submitted his order confirmation email. I thought it was weird that there was not a receipt in the package with the new phone. Like I said I wanted to enter mine as quickly as possible and didn't have an actual receipt. The only thing I had was the confirmation of my order which shows a lot of the same information but not everything that they are looking for. It wasn't until the day after I submitted mine that they sent me an actual receipt via email. However I find it odd that we used the exact same screenshot of our own information and they denied his but approved mine. Oh well. No rush here. I would like my darn Netflix code though. Still says fulfillment pending at this moment.

Haha, yeah, I hear you there. I agree it is a little odd that there is no receipt in the package. That seems like a no brainer.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I hope not. I'm using a different email address on my phone than what I gave them.

that's just what i had read somewhere, i haven't gotten mine yet, so i'm not certain. maybe it gives you a redemption code or something which you can then redeem with your account?

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Could someone post the link to the status website? I filled out everything awhile ago and have heard nothing.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am NOT returning the phone. I said I would make a scene at the retail store if I did not receive my free VR gift. So I am going to wait 4 to 6 weeks per the emails instructions and hopefully i'll get my free gift.

I am disappointed in the phone because the curved screen does nothing for me, some features I love were removed or reshuffled, and I like my Note 4 better. I am going to the Note 6 this fall. So far this phone has been a let down. Oh, and the battery loses 10% in 2 hours from sitting there without me using it.

It is NOT working the system. I brought something I am keeping and I expect my free gift.

If you are not returning the phone... you can probably switch back right now. As long as you don't return it I don't think it needs to be active on your line to get the VR.

As a side note... the Note 4 will notwork with the VR Gear version we are getting with this promotion. I think the S6 /Note 5 or newer are the only ones that will work. There is no guarantee the 6 will work either if they go to the USB type C port.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I knew about it and that is why I brought it, but who knew it would be so cumbersome and hinder everything that I do. It makes simple web browsing such a tedious tasks. I can't scroll up or down because my index finger is holding the side of the phone where the curved edges are and normal phones without curved edges just have the side Bessel there so now because my finger has pressure on the side screen, it doesn't allow me to scroll up and down because it thinks my index finger wants to do something on the right side of the curved screen.

I don't think I should have to hold the phone with my index finger at the very bottom edge to avoid touching the curved screens. If I did, it would make web browsing that much more difficult.

A small case like the ringke slim helps with these issues and is very minimal if you are interested in trying it out.

sfldg

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I just checked the samsung promotion website and it doesnt show the gears2 as out of stock... maybe they updated their inventory?

Croq360

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just checked again and mine changed from "Fulfillment pending," back to "Your submission is currently under review." I hope that's not a bad sign.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Saw this and checked mine, nothing changed, still fulfillment pending, maybe just a glitch hopefully

Mine also went back to under review. I really don't care because I already have the new VR b glasses. I'm just going to sell the one they send me. I'd rather have gotten the watch to be honest.

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine also went back to under review. I really don't care because I already have the new VR b glasses. I'm just going to sell the one they send me. I'd rather have gotten the watch to be honest.

Maybe that's the diff, i went with the watch

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
After getting my initial submission rejected 24 hours after submission (due to "Invalid Location code"), I re-submitted 2 days later. Today, status changed to "Fulfillment pending." Yay!

VZW S7 Edge, requested Gear VR promo

My status changed back to "Your submission is currently under review." Err...

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same (change back to review status from being fulfilled) - oh brother...:mad:

Ditto. Darn it. My status page also changed from "being fulfilled" back to the original "under review".

What on earth could they possibly be doing?

What should we do if we had to return a defective S7 Edge and get a replacement S7 Edge? Which IMEI/MAC would we enter then?

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
My t-mo submission for the VR goggles went from Fulfillment pending to Your submission is currently under review.
That leads me to believe Fulfillment pending means nothing as my submission showed Fulfillment pending the instant I submitted it. I doubt they verified the receipt instantly.

Question about the NEW line requirement.
I see a lot of people here saying you can cancel the NEW line as soon as you get your rebate and pay off the phone.
Anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
The T-mo sales person said 18 weeks!!
I am pretty sure he was trying to pad everything he could into my bill as he clicked a few options without asking and I had to repeatedly ask him to not do that.

End result;
Does anyone know definitively if you can safely cancel the NEW line as soon as the rebate is through and the phone paid off OR do we have to really wait 18 weeks?!?

Lastly, has anybody actually had their VR goggles shipped? What will appear under the status at the Samsung website?
I see a deadline to download the VR apps (4/20) but you have to have the goggles in hand to download the apps (need the serial number or something to register).
I seriously doubt my goggles will arrive before the deadline.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781