Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Braidlee

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
you'll lose out on the app bundle they are offering it looks like if you go that route though

If the free VR does eventually show up at some point, the coupon code for the 6 free games will be in that package and they give you 30 days to redeem the coupon and download the 6 free games. Shouldn't matter 'what' VR device you use to do that with where the games are downloaded into your own private Oculus account. As far as I understand. Although, if Oculus is paying attention, and I sign into my Oculus account with a VR, they may assume that's the VR I received free and that might start the 30 day timer. hmm... I'll update this post when I sign in with my 'self purchased' VR this week.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
If the free VR does eventually show up at some point, the coupon code for the 6 free games will be in that package and they give you 30 days to redeem the coupon and download the 6 free games. Shouldn't matter 'what' VR device you use to do that with where the games are downloaded into your own private Oculus account. As far as I understand. Although, if Oculus is paying attention, and I sign into my Oculus account with a VR, they may assume that's the VR I received free and that might start the 30 day timer. hmm... I'll update this post when I sign in with my 'self purchased' VR this week.

please do, the whole app bundle thing is oddly vague in what you get and how exactly it works, so i'd be curious to see if that worked.

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
My status changed back to "Your submission is currently under review." Err...

It changed back to "Fulfillment pending." With that, I'm no longer going to comment on these status changes until I either get a rejection notice or have the product in hand. Good luck all, and my suggestion: don't check every day. You'll just drive yourself crazy. Enjoy life and only act if you do get some sort of communication from them.

jmm22

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I really don't know whether Verizon, internally, handles business accounts differently than they do personal accounts.

They definitely do. I had to return my phone for a replacement because the camera was crashing and then sent me one next day even though it was supposedly back ordered. They also sent me the S2 with it for the inconvenience because they assumed the promo would get screwed up with the new phone. They've always bent over backwards to help me with the business account.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
It changed back to "Fulfillment pending." With that, I'm no longer going to comment on these status changes until I either get a rejection notice or have the product in hand. Good luck all, and my suggestion: don't check every day. You'll just drive yourself crazy. Enjoy life and only act if you do get some sort of communication from them.

don't leave too much up to them. they've rejected claims on other promotions and ever contacted the customer. they change terms of the promotion and also the status page when it benefits them.

i'm not saying check every day, but don't wait for them to contact you. prizelogic is a horrible horrible company.

Kacie Sakai

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Mine says fulfillment pending, and I got the confirmation email, but I don't recall ever putting in my address, do they just go based off the address on the receipt you submitted?

Croq360

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else question the fact that the offer for the 6 free game bundle from Oculus expires on April 20th, which is, in my case, EXACTLY 6 weeks from March 9th which was when I submitted my request for my free Gear VR. So, if it takes upwards of 6 weeks just to APPROVE my submission, I'm out the six free games because the downloads for those games will no longer be available after April 20th. Even if the VR is shipped overnight which, at this point, might be expecting too much. LOL
I've tried looking for the 'Oculus App' through the Google Play store to download the games before the deadline, but it doesn't exist 'until' you plug it into the gear VR. With all that understood, I would like to believe we will all receive our VRs BEFORE April 20th.

I noticed the same thing a few days ago and I'm going to be more than a little upset if I don't get the free game bundle because of the incomptence of this company that Samsung has hired to do this. In the end, it is Samsung's fault. The free VR Gear should have at least been shipped with all of the pre-orders.
Oculus updated the terms and conditions to change the expiration date to, "Then, you must download the Oculus app and activate your Oculus account on your Eligible Product by 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on April 20, 2016, or within 30 days of receiving your Eligible Product, whichever is later.'

I will post the link to the T&C in my next post as I currently only have 9 posts.

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I redeemed my offer for the S2 but bought a new Gear VR off of ebay for $72 including shipping. It didnt have a 6 game bundle code but when I started up the VR for the first time and made an account it gave me the 6 game bundle right away :) It was easy

Zeusman1988

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Oculus updated the terms and conditions to change the expiration date to, "Then, you must download the Oculus app and activate your Oculus account on your Eligible Product by 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on April 20, 2016, or within 30 days of receiving your Eligible Product, whichever is later.'

I will post the link to the T&C in my next post as I currently only have 9 posts.

Ok, great! Thanks for letting me know they changed their T&C to recognize the April 20th date could be an issue. Thanks for letting me know!

mzceetee

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't believe anyone knows this. If you go to the promotions page it states that shipping and delivery times have been pushed back to May and potentially summer of 2016.

Yes that's a fact , I read it myself when Samsung Revised Terms few days ago.

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought my s7 edge 3-15-16 and registered 3-18-16 (got a rejection email at first using the receipt in the box. Then used invoice receipt and the next day the status went to fullfilment pending). I sent an email 3-19-16 concerning the rejection and just got an email today saying,"
Thank you for your inquiry. We are happy to confirm that your receipt submission has been accepted, and that no further action is required at this time. Further status updates will be sent to you via email-- if you cannot locate these updates we recommend that you check your spam or junk mail folder as these updates will be automatically generated and may be filtered out of your inbox. If you have any questions please let us know."

compddd

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how long it takes for an email response from them? I emailed them about wanting to change my choice from the VR to the $100 Samsung coupon code because I don't want to wait until Summer for the VR headset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol