Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Anu Mantra

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Breakup of the Best Deal that I got -
S7 Edge Jump T-Mobile - $35/month. 1 year - $420
Freebies - netflix ($120), Gear VR bundle ($150), 1st usage of samsung Pay - Wireles charger ($50 comparwble to $20 atleast) and $30 Nike card. Total roughly around $320.

When Switching to another new phone after 1 year - Money spent - $100. And then the new deal takes over again.

COOL!!!!!

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
its random, some people ordered after me and got a shipping date, some people before me and still are pending. It doesn't look like they are following a specific format, its just random

Has anyone received shipping date for S2 from Verizon, I noticed a few of "shipping dates pending" from VZW but do not recall seeing any actual dates for the S2 yet....

"...Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date estimate: Pending"

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date estimate: xx/xx/xxxx !!
Shipping date in a few days!!
Still no e-mail from them with any codes though. I hope they are all in the box with the VR goggles.

Went by the Samsung factory store in Singapore yesterday and played with all the new toys...
Had a VR roller coaster with moving chairs, a real Harley Motorcycle, "ski slope".... was pretty real!
Hope they keep the content coming... has great potential.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
So an an update as well i spoke to to someone at PrizeLogic that confirmed the emails were sent in error and I was still setup for the S2 promo fwiw. She wasn't sure when or if any corrected follow up emails will occur.

Eddie Gamboa

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
So an an update as well i spoke to to someone at PrizeLogic that confirmed the emails were sent in error and I was still setup for the S2 promo fwiw. She wasn't sure when or if any corrected follow up emails will occur.

I just got off the phone with Laquisha at Prizelogic and can confirm this as well. Their system says I was approved for the S2 Watch and WILL be recieving the watch. Some emails were sent out in error.

"Congratulations! Your submission has been approved; however because the
purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
bundle."

...according to them, all is well with the Verizon Gear S2 promo (unless you drew #30,001).

compddd

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I called Prizelogic and they said for the T-Mobile people anyone who didn't submit their claim by March 17th won't be receiving a Netflix code. Yet you can go to GS7 & GS7 edge VR FAQ and it clearly says all you had to do was order by March 14th to receive the Netflix code. Nothing about submitting by a certain date.

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Laquisha at Prizelogic and can confirm this as well. Their system says I was approved for the S2 Watch and WILL be recieving the watch. Some emails were sent out in error.

bundle."

...according to them, all is well with the Verizon Gear S2 promo (unless you drew #30,001).

Ok that makes me feel better. I emailed them earlier so I'll see what they say.

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I submitted mine the day after release and it now states that it is shipping in 4 weeks. I can't wait so I can finally ditch this phone and go back to my Note 4. That curved screen is driving me up a wall.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

bundle."

So you got the -- you are not getting the S2 but instead the Gear VR due to in-store or online business purchase? Then you called Prize Logic and they said that this actually means that you are getting the S2 and to disregard?? Can you confirm.

Eddie Gamboa

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Ok that makes me feel better. I emailed them earlier so I'll see what they say.

So you got the -- you are not getting the S2 but instead the Gear VR due to in-store or online business purchase? Then you called Prize Logic and they said that this actually means that you are getting the S2 and to disregard?? Can you confirm.

After the I read the email, I called and spoke to a prizelogic rep named Lequisha. She informed me the email was an error. Rather than just accepting that generic answer and hanging up, I drilled her some more and asked what the "computer system" says. She had my file pulled up (under my email address) and it said I was approved for the S2 and will be receiving the S2, and to YES, disregard the erroneous email.
I preordered my phone online from verizonewireless.com and I do not have a business account. No way im letting them jip me from my watch. Had no reason to upgrade from a perfectly working Note 3. The free watch was the only reason I preordered the S7 Edge.

Last edited:

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
After the I read the email, I called and spoke to a prizelogic rep named Lequisha. She informed me the email was an error. Rather than just accepting that generic answer and hanging up, I drilled her some more and asked what the "computer system" says. She had my file pulled up (under my email address) and it said I was approved for the S2 and will be receiving the S2, and to YES, disregard the erroneous email.
I preordered my phone online from verizonewireless.com and I do not have a business account. No way im letting them jip me from my watch. Had no reason to upgrade from a perfectly working Note 3. The free watch was the only reason I preordered the S7 Edge.

ok - in the same boat - thanks for confirming. Will be interesting to see if you end up with the VR or S2.