Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have two Gear S2's coming from the Verizon promotion. I just logged on to the FedEx delivery manager and the shipping label has been created with delivery by end of day on the 1st. My status on the website still shows shipping pending. I am guessing that they will not be updating that site...

When did you put in your submission?

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my FedEx account and I also have a package that initiated yesterday. It is currently showing no movement, but it says destination for 3/31 which I doubt without movement but I know some VR kits are getting delivered without showing movement.

Submitted for Gear S2 on 3/10 at 11:59am.

Posted via the Android Central App

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I submitted mine on the 10th also at about 3-4 pm. I unfortunately cannot check my package cause I am not the head person on my Verizon account so had to use a buddies name and email since it was on the invoice for the cell phone and didn't want to be rejected. I can't wait to receive my s2. Hopefully it comes today or tomorrow. Anybody know if you need to sign for these?

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
received my Verizon S7 phone the 9th, submitted for the S2 the 9th, Samsung status page still says approved and pending shipment with no emails :(

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I just checked my FedEx account and I also have a package that initiated yesterday. It is currently showing no movement, but it says destination for 3/31 which I doubt without movement but I know some VR kits are getting delivered without showing movement.

Submitted for Gear S2 on 3/10 at 11:59am.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fedex shows a package being delivered today.... from:

BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER
TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
501 AIRTECH PKWY
PLAINFIELD, IN US 461687408

which is 3 hrs away from me.... says by end of day.

1 of 3 S2's from Verizon .... first one submitted 3/8 second on 3/9... I am not sure if this shipment is 1 or 2 watches.... shipping says 1 package at 2.3 pounds

check status still says "date pending" and no emails at all.......fedex.JPG

Last edited:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My gear S2 is ready to ship.

Label created
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Anticipated ship date:
Wed 3/30/2016
BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER
TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
501 AIRTECH PKWY
PLAINFIELD, IN US 461687408

Just curious what is the "weight" listed at under the fedex details... mine says 2.3lbs

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the 10th & got estimated ship date of April 18. How does 1 day make so much of a difference?

Idk Jared. Perhaps Samsung alloted a certain amount of headsets by a date range. Perhaps the 9th was the cutoff for the 4/1 range?

Also, the reservation for the head sets were first come first served. Depending on how many people received their phones that day could determine how much stock they had to deliver by a time frame.

gameoverjay

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
If I buy a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from eBay brand new, will it qualify for the Gear VR ? The seller/company has an online store, it is not an individual selling.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
If I buy a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from eBay brand new, will it qualify for the Gear VR ? The seller/company has an online store, it is not an individual selling.

unfortunatley no- It had to be purchased from 1 of the 11 retail provides and I think the promo ended March 18

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
unfortunatley no- It had to be purchased from 1 of the 11 retail provides and I think the promo ended March 18

To second what was already said, eBay and eBay sellers who have stores are not an official reseller of Samsung products. Therefore not eligible for promotions and also not eligible for the Samsung protection extended warranty.

gameoverjay

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Also, I live in Bermuda. If I purchase the Edge S7 from my local authorized dealer, will I qualify for the Gear VR? Is it for international customers too> Or would I need to send it to my US home address?

KYman37

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the S2 watch from Verizon on the 13th. I received an email saying i will receive the VR. I called, and like most of you, I was told that it was a glitch email. My order says approved and it will ship on April 30th. I really hope it's sooner. Lol