Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I think so as well. Was at the store today and was telling the guy mine was hopefully coming soon and told me to come in when they get here to add them on my account and only be $5/month.

Posted via the Android Central App

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, iirc it said the color was gray and that's only available on the 3g one according to the vzw site. Gray or Silver for 3g, Black or Silver for BT.

Artorias0226

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
out of curiosity, did anyone else fail their resubmission? My receipt didn't work because it didn't show the carrier apparently, so I ended up talking to a lady at prizelogic who told me that she would be sending me to tier 2 support to try and get me another resubmission link. She told me that the resubmission deadline was pushed back to April 15 and that Samsung only allows 2 submissions. I feel like i'm stuck in some kind of limbo here, anyone else on the same boat?

Juliasgeckos

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I filed 3/10 and got an email this afternoon saying it shipped. Checked tracking, it shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow. It never showed up on my FedEx account and the status on the samsung site still hasn't changed.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Also, iirc it said the color was gray and that's only available on the 3g one according to the vzw site. Gray or Silver for 3g, Black or Silver for BT.

we won't know until someone has it delivered..... the BT also comes in grey as well (model # SM-R720zkaxar)....... have been told by both vzw and prize logic that it was the BT and also told by both it was 3G...

all depended on what day of the week it was and flavor of the day they offered...... both have various msrp quotes and the added excerpt about 3g on the promo page was added after they ran out of initial supply last week.... even when mentioning that new notation on the promo page vzw reps still pledge it will be the BT version and as well as their reps on vzw community forums...... so it is anyone's guess

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I filed 3/10 and got an email this afternoon saying it shipped. Checked tracking, it shipped yesterday and will be here tomorrow. It never showed up on my FedEx account and the status on the samsung site still hasn't changed.

Was your expected ship date 4-1? I filed 3/10 & have expected ship date of 4-18.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email for my first S2 and it says ship date of April 8th. Checked Fed Ex and it will be here tomorrow. Submitted March 10th for one and the 11th for the other. Waiting to hear on the second one.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I swear... if people post they got their watches but keep leaving out if it's 3g or BT I'm gonna lose my mind... lol

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I swear... if people post they got their watches but keep leaving out if it's 3g or BT I'm gonna lose my mind... lol

only one person has posted they received their s2 so far and that was an exception delivered directly by VZW and it was the S2 classic.......

It is speculated to be a 3G S2....but vzw and prize logic have issued so much misinformation and contradicted themselves numerous times(even after they changed the fine print on March 18th on the promo page and 19th to the fine print - I posted a screenshot of this change on March 18th in post #238 right after they added the asterisks to promo page after they removed the "sold out" tag) to designate they added the notated astericks that "3g not available in alaska",

this wasn't added to the terms and conditions until after the S2 was originally listed as "sold out" and both vzw and prize logic was telling everyone they are all SOL and the promo is ended... only to retreat 3 days later.....

.... neither vzw or prize logic have a consistent explanation why there are conflicting msrp's listed in different places..($299-$349)........ so as of now no one knows 100% yet as no one has posted a delivered S2 from samsung yet..... (as of 830pm march31)

I would guess it will be the 3G after they added the asterisks to the promo page on March 18th after removing the "sold out" label ......but I wouldn't bet on it after how many times they have changed the promo and details and made addendum's to the fine print multiple times....

for all we know they could be sending out BT to all the people that submitted before they declared them "sold out" and 3G's to all the people that submitted afterwards (which is something I was told by VZW rep trying to diligently explain to me why the prices were listed differently but I dismissed cuz I knew it was misinformation and something just completely fabricated because the prices were different long before the S2s were sold out)

my fedex manager says mine was supposed to be delivered by end of day today but in tracking status nothing has changed since label was created yesterday at 845pm......... I'm sure tomorrow pics will be posted by a few people

Last edited:

terryb99

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Email today:

Your Submission Has Been Approved!
Hello Terry,

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is April 8, 2016.

I submitted March 9, Verizon for a Gear S2

nyroot

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Your estimated shipping date is April 8, 2016.

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number.

I submitted on March 9th.

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
my fedex manager says mine was supposed to be delivered by end of day today but in tracking status nothing has changed since label was created yesterday at 845pm......... I'm sure tomorrow pics will be posted by a few people

Mine had delivery for today as well, but they only were notified of label creation so far. I'm only 2.5 hours from Plainfield, IN. Should have a shiny new s2 soon 😀