Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My shipping date said April 1st. It's out for delivery today. I ordered my T-Mobile S7 Edge on March 2nd and I got the phone on March 4th.

The S7 Edge that I ordered on March 27th that got delivered on March 12, still has the VR as preparing for shipment.

flatstick96

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
only one person has posted they received their s2 so far and that was an exception delivered directly by VZW and it was the S2 classic.......

This is correct - mine may be (probably is) a bit of a "one off". FWIW (probably not much), mine has both BT and 3G; to use the 3G functionality I would have to add it to our Verizon plan and pay a $5/month device fee. I probably won't do this since the account is our company business account, so for now I'm just connected to my S7 via BT.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
curious if anyone with an S2 showing their fedex package is "out for delivery" on this day of fools as my fedex driver just does a drive by without stopping.....

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
So after having my status say approved waiting for shipping I get an email today saying my receipt was too blurry and I have to resubmit it. My receipt was a screenshot off my phone. There's no way it was blurry. I don't understand how it went from approved and shipping date of 4/30 to this. Probably ran out and are now giving people the run around.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
So after having my status say approved waiting for shipping I get an email today saying my receipt was too blurry and I have to resubmit it. My receipt was a screenshot off my phone. There's no way it was blurry. I don't understand how it went from approved and shipping date of 4/30 to this. Probably ran out and are now giving people the run around.

Something not right about your scenario....there is no way a screen shot can be blurry, esp after you already had approval..... if you are waiting for the S2 I would be on the phone with preize logic if you have time to wait through their Que of 25-30 people....... If they require you to resubmit they will prob push back your delivery date to late May if you don't call them out.....

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
People on here have received their Gear Vr's and never an email from Samsung with tracking correct? Wondering if the same could happen to customers who opted for the Gear S2... I guess my wishful thinking is leading me to believe I could get the watch any day now even without a tracking number..

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
People on here have received their Gear Vr's and never an email from Samsung with tracking correct? Wondering if the same could happen to customers who opted for the Gear S2... I guess my wishful thinking is leading me to believe I could get the watch any day now even without a tracking number..

That istrue, some people didn't get the email with tracking number from samsung promo until after it was delivered.... although I have had a tracking number for my s2 since wed night and all it says is "label created" and then I received an email from Samsung Promotions last night saying my submission was approved and a tracking number will be sent once it ships on Apr 8th..

on fedex delivery mgr...... mine currently says:

Scheduled delivery:
Thu 3/31/2016 by end of day

"Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel."

Shipment Facts
Tracking number 940XXXXXXXX
Weight 2.3 lbs / 1.04 kgs
Terms Not Available
Packaging Package
Service FedEx Home Delivery
Total pieces 1
Shipment ID 940XXXXXXXXXXXXX

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Well April Fools it is. Checked my FedEx tracker. Wont be here til tomorrow now.

Does the fedex del mgr show any movement on package besides "label created"... what was your ship date supposed to be in the email from samsung?

Mine states "fedex home delivery" which does not include Saturday deliveries......

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Am I the ONLY person waiting on the S2 (two of them actually) but with a FedEx shipping weight of 2.0lbs??
Capture.JPG

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Does the fedex del mgr show any movement on package besides "label created"... what was your ship date supposed to be in the email from samsung?

Mine states "fedex home delivery" which does not include Saturday deliveries......

Yeah. It arrived at the Portland location this morning (4am). Nothing after that.

My email only had the tracking number.

And mines is FedEx home delivery too. :/

simona.lipn

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
That istrue, some people didn't get the email with tracking number from samsung promo until after it was delivered.... although I have had a tracking number for my s2 since wed night and all it says is "label created" and then I received an email from Samsung Promotions last night saying my submission was approved and a tracking number will be sent once it ships on Apr 8th..

on fedex delivery mgr...... mine currently says:

Scheduled delivery:
Thu 3/31/2016 by end of day

"Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel."

Shipment Facts
Tracking number940XXXXXXXX
Weight2.3 lbs / 1.04 kgs
TermsNot Available
PackagingPackage
ServiceFedEx Home Delivery
Total pieces1
Shipment ID940XXXXXXXXXXXXX
The same to me. Label created on 30, supposed delivery date today. But still nothing. And yesterday got email that I was approved and estimated shipping date is 8. And I am sitting all day today at home waiting for my s2. Fool

thehiggy

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Nope, same thing here - I got a tracking number via FedEx Manager on Weds 3/30 saying label created and expected delivery F 4/1; then Thurs 3/31 I got an email saying mine was approved (when weeks ago I had "fulfillment pending"), then this AM the FedEx tracker shows they took delivery and now the delivery date is Saturday 4/2. Mine also says 2.3 lbs for a single S2.

....guess we'll see what I get tomorrow.

Capture.JPG

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry weight means nothing on the tracking number... I've had automotive exhaust that weighs 40lbs come in that was listed as 4lbs lol
Lol. Well that's somewhat good to hear. It's just weird that everyone else has had 2.3lbs exact on theirs. I haven't seen anything 2.0 yet.

Nice avatar btw!
a972ac9be89047645c68245a064c8035.jpg

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Something not right about your scenario....there is no way a screen shot can be blurry, esp after you already had approval..... if you are waiting for the S2 I would be on the phone with preize logic if you have time to wait through their Que of 25-30 people....... If they require you to resubmit they will prob push back your delivery date to late May if you don't call them out.....

I did resubmit a new screenshot then called prize logic. The woman I talked to said it still showed I was approved and wasn't sure why I received the email today saying my receipt was blurry. After telling her I resubmitted a screenshot and was worried I screwed something good up she put me on hold and talked to her supervisor then came back and said she looked into it and saw my original screenshot was a little blurry and she saw my new one and it was really clear and should be fine. The only way I can think the original was "blurry" was I took it on my note 5 using scroll capture so it was a really long screen shot showing the entire email receipt. This time I just sent a single shot showing the info at the top. She said it shouldn't delay my schedule shipping date. Just going to have to wait and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers