Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the info. I am still torn between where I will buy my S7 Edge from, I need order/buy one by tomorrow! I sold my 16GB iPhone 6S to my boss for $700 and my backup iPhone 5 for $300 to my friend today. So I will not come out of pocket for the S7 Edge. The prices I sold them for may seem high, but in Bermuda; an iPhone 6s 16GB is $989 without contract. I purchased mine from the Apple store in NYC. So I am not sure where to buy the S7 Edge from.. eBay or my local mobile provider (DIGICEL). I want to buy it at full price without a contract. eBay is $744 USD + $9.99 USD FedEx Intl Shipping + $184 USD Duties & Taxes = $937.99 USD - VS- my local carrier $999 USD tax included. I see above that if I buy from eBay I won't have warranty. My local provider gives a standard 1 year warranty. PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!

I think the warranty would be nice unless you purchase one from Samsung... Either way you aren't eligible for the promo

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

jnb22019

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just received my Gear VR today, but it looks used...

I'm not sure what to think, either Samsung is sending Refurbished or used items or if someone from FedEx opened the package and used it.

The package was first supposed to be delivered on Wednesday but supposedly the address was incorrect on the package. I called and confirmed my address. Thursday the delivery guy changed the status to "Delivery exception", that we were not available but there was someone here all day and when I got home there was no notice or door slip. I called FedEx again and once again confirmed my address, they told me they didn't have my apartment number. Friday comes and yet again the same, no slip, no anything at all. I called once again and confirmed one more time my address, this time they told me they were missing my zip code.

Now Saturday I finally received the package. When I opened the mailing box I noticed that the little rectangular transparent tape that hold the box closed had been removed from one side and tried to tape back again but the box was open. When I took out the Gear VR from the box it was missing the covers for the lenses on the face side (I know a new Gear VR has those plastic covers on the lenses because I have another pair I bought in February) plus the plastic cover on the Gear VR front cover look moved and dirty.

The Gear VR also has some marks on its body.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Congrats! And when did you submit for it?

I submitted my first one on 3/9 and got a notice from Fedex on 3/30 it was being delivered on 3/31.... I received an email from Samsung on 3/31 it was shipping Apr 8th and I would recive email with tracking number when it shipped (although I never did).... and then the next day Fedex notified me my delivery date was changed from 3/31 to 4/2.... no updates on the submission I made on 3/10 yet- still says shipping date: pending

Last edited:

gameoverjay

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Take it easy dude. Those are only estimates. Blame Samsung for sending the shipment ground or economy. Ground is 4-8 days Economy is 3-5 days. You get what you pay for.

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
You can download the game bundle directly from the occulus website, without a code

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

How can you? I went to the occulus site and it was all ads except the download page. I downloaded the apk for occulus and signed up for an account. I didn't see anything about free game bundle either on the site or app.

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
So I just wrapped up my 3rd call with Prizelogic and the rep there verified that I was approved for the Gear S2 on 3/12. She told me that from approval dates, it takes 4-6 weeks before a shipping date will be given. So technically I shouldn't be expecting a ship date for at least another week. Just ironic that some people are receiving their gifts without ship dates or approval emails...

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So my VR came in today. Had my apt number wrote in (not sure who did it). Delivery guy just handed it over and left. Didnt say anything or ask for anything.

Tested it out, kinda cool. Now my new issue...cant figure out how to get the six games. Nothing shows up in my "download" section. And the Oculus support page is down :/

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So my VR came in today. Had my apt number wrote in (not sure who did it). Delivery guy just handed it over and left. Didnt say anything or ask for anything.

Tested it out, kinda cool. Now my new issue...cant figure out how to get the six games. Nothing shows up in my "download" section. And the Oculus support page is down :/

Once I created my account and verified my email, I put on the VR and it immediately took me to the six games and asked me if I wanted to download some or all of them. I skipped downloading them because I don't play any games on my phone but they were there. They also showed up under purchases I think it was called when you use the VR.

You should just automatically have them once you create your account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy