Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
How can you? I went to the occulus site and it was all ads except the download page. I downloaded the apk for occulus and signed up for an account. I didn't see anything about free game bundle either on the site or app.

I'll try to find it again... It was posted on a forum in ac... I think it was on the developer site

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Once I created my account and verified my email, I put on the VR and it immediately took me to the six games and asked me if I wanted to download some or all of them. I skipped downloading them because I don't play any games on my phone but they were there. They also showed up under purchases I think it was called when you use the VR.

You should just automatically have them once you create your account.

I created my oculus account. Did the whole setup (needed to download the app/etc) then it went to Oculus Home. Well we'll see what Oculus support says.

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Finally showed up in fedex!!! Shipping out of Plainfield should expect it here by 4/05, Tuesday! No word on my second one yet. Unless 2.3 lbs is the weight of two? Submitted claim both on 3/11.

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Finally showed up in fedex!!! Shipping out of Plainfield should expect it here by 4/05, Tuesday! No word on my second one yet. Unless 2.3 lbs is the weight of two? Submitted claim both on 3/11.
Mine just showed up on fedex too, but expected delivery 04/07.. weight is 2.3 lbs and I only submitted for 1 s2

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
The 3g version has a 300mh battery vs the 250mh on the bluetooth version. the body of the watch is thicker because of the battery and the esim in the watch

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Larger as in what? I get the thick part .. but larger screen, or?

I haven't compared the individual specs but either the bezel and/or screen is larger(diameter) on the 3g version than the bluetooth version.... when I place both watches face to face the circumference on the 3g is slightly larger.... not something you would recognize if they were sitting side by side on a table but once you size them up w/ each other you can see the difference.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It is slightly larger. When I ordered a glass screen protector for my s2 for when it arrives, they had two options; one for the Bluetooth and one for the 3g/4g cause the 3g/4g is larger so I guessed and got the larger one and thankfully got it right. But anyways a few posts back, people are posting they ordered on 3/11 and theirs has a label created! Wth I ordered 3/10 and nothing.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
It is slightly larger. When I ordered a glass screen protector for my s2 for when it arrives, they had two options; one for the Bluetooth and one for the 3g/4g cause the 3g/4g is larger so I guessed and got the larger one and thankfully got it right. But anyways a few posts back, people are posting they ordered on 3/11 and theirs has a label created! Wth I ordered 3/10 and nothing.

I'm still pending from 3/9 , no label

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
[RE: S2 / VZW / Sub'd 3/10 pm]

Whoa. Finally some action - not on the status page (which continues to show the yawning "Approved - pending shipment") - but on the Fedex Delivery Manager. Label created. Alleged scheduled delivery of 4/6. Now, apparently that doesn't mean I'll get it on the 6th, but there's a frigging package headed this way someday!

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I received both of my Gear VRs today - got 2 S7 Edges with T-Mobile's BOGO on 03/11 in the store, and registered with Samsung for the giveaway that day. I also received and have applied the Netflix codes for both. Now paying one of them off and selling it as soon as I get the gift card for the balance.

fbebbs

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
If you create the Fed Ex delivery Manager profile does the notification automatically populate once a label is created with your address?

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I created my oculus account. Did the whole setup (needed to download the app/etc) then it went to Oculus Home. Well we'll see what Oculus support says.

You can open the Oculus app on your phone and go to your library. Under not installed, it should list the six games.:

Screenshot_20160403-094523.jpg

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had a label since 3/30, but no updates since.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea, that's disappointing. But if you haven't had a label and you get a label, it's exciting. :D I've been skeptical of the S2 watch deliveries actually happening for many of us because of the 30k limit in the terms and conditions *and* initially the promo site didn't even list the watch *and* the terms really write away any obligation they have to send anything at all. It all seemed a little sketchy. But it looks like I was wrong, which is great. I hope every frigging person who submitted for the S2 through the 18th gets one... as they should based on the hefty marketing on the VZW site that seemed like a 1:1 guarantee (buy this -> get this).

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Still very odd to me that I submitted on 3/10 and still have the "Submission Approved, Preparing for Shipment, Shipping Date Estimate: Pending" message and some people who have submitted on 3/12 for instance have ship dates.

compddd

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I applied for two $100 Samsung gift codes, got one of them so far plus my two Netflix codes. Hoping to use the two Samsung GCs for a new laser printer + Samsung fast charge version of their wireless charging stand.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

which screen protector did you order?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma