Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
So I stopped by verizon today to ask if I could trade in the gear s2 3g I should be getting sometime this week for the gear s2 classic 4g that's $399. She said they're discontinuing the regular s2 3g which is probably why that's what they're sending out to us. She said I should be able to send it in through customer care and pay the difference for the classic 4g

Posted via the Android Central App

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
So I stopped by verizon today to ask if I could trade in the gear s2 3g I should be getting sometime this week for the gear s2 classic 4g that's $399. She said they're discontinuing the regular s2 3g which is probably why that's what they're sending out to us. She said I should be able to send it in through customer care and pay the difference for the classic 4g

"send it in through customer care "

another episode of vzw reps either "not knowing what they speak of" or "telling you what you want to hear"....... the s2 is not coming from verizon and they certainly will not give someone $300- $350 credit for it...... take what they say with a grain of salt, remember the 611 and online vzw reps are still saying the promo is for the BT version.....

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
They do however give you that little verizon card asking you to activate your gear for $5 a month though. I'm obviously not conveyed that they'll honor what she said but I will definitely try. In my opinion the classic version is more the style I'd wear, so I'll either trade up it they let me or pick up a Bluetooth classic and sell the 3g s2

fbebbs

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Yea, that's disappointing. But if you haven't had a label and you get a label, it's exciting. :D I've been skeptical of the S2 watch deliveries actually happening for many of us because of the 30k limit in the terms and conditions *and* initially the promo site didn't even list the watch *and* the terms really write away any obligation they have to send anything at all. It all seemed a little sketchy. But it looks like I was wrong, which is great. I hope every frigging person who submitted for the S2 through the 18th gets one... as they should based on the hefty marketing on the VZW site that seemed like a 1:1 guarantee (buy this -> get this).
If you create the Fed Ex delivery Manager profile does the notification automatically populate once a label is created with your address?

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If you create the Fed Ex delivery Manager profile does the notification automatically populate once a label is created with your address?

Yea. So you'd go to FedEx Delivery Manager - Customize Your Home Delivery and click "Sign Up Now" and register and verify your identity. Then you'll see a list of shipments Fedex has for you in their system. One point, though: the registrant's name and address must be the same as the addressee provided for the promo. That's only relevant if you submitted the promo under another name, though. I.e., I entered the promo info under my husband's name because his name is the vzw accountholder and there were some specs in the terms & conditions said that the name on the receipt and the submission must match. So I go to my husband's Fedex delivery manager to see the incoming shipment in this case.

ETA: I may have misread the question. You *can* also set it up to get notifications by email...

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Got my s2 delivered by fedex home on Saturday.
I submitted on 3/10.

Keep hope alive, happy Monday to all.

Attachments

• gear s2.jpg
    gear s2.jpg
    601.4 KB · Views: 55
  • s2ship.jpg
    s2ship.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

thehiggy

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I got from my interaction too; I think I'm just going to do exchange it at Target / Best Buy for store credit and buy the classic.

jderrick08

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
actually my check status page has just changed for the first time... now changed shipment pending to Apr 8th..... although fedex says S2 will be here tomorrow by 3pm....... other S2 submissions are still pending......View attachment 223016

I have two submissions and this is what mine looks like too! One has a shipping date and one still says pending. I'm hoping all are in the one package!

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
My question for those that either have received the s2 or have tracking when did you submit and when did tracking come available? I am sitting with 2 pending and submitted on the 12th.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
My question for those that either have received the s2 or have tracking when did you submit and when did tracking come available? I am sitting with 2 pending and submitted on the 12th.

I submitted on 3/10, got an email last week with a ship date of 4/8.
Then the watch showed up on Saturday. Never got a tracking number, or an email that it had shipped.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I submitted on 3/10, got an email last week with a ship date of 4/8.
Then the watch showed up on Saturday. Never got a tracking number, or an email that it had shipped.

That's actually really good. 3 weeks from submission to receipt considering it was supposed to be 4-6 weeks. I am hoping that the trend stays going.

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/10 still have pending ship date nothing in fedex or ups managers hopefully it'll just pop up this week

I submitted 3-10 as well with April 18 ship date. Others submitted 3-10 & have gotten theirs or April 8 ship date. Nothing for me in FedEx either.

jphotoman

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I submitted for the GearS2 on 03/09 and I have a label created in FedEx at the Plainfield, IN location but no notice of them receiving the package yet. Argg....so random that people who submitted later from the same location are getting theirs first.

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I submitted 3-10 as well with April 18 ship date. Others submitted 3-10 & have gotten theirs or April 8 ship date. Nothing for me in FedEx either.

I submitted 3/10 and have a tracking # in Fedex (just with "label created" on 4/2) but no estimated shipping date at the promos page. No discernible order I can see.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
And I submitted 3/9 and have a shipment date pending. Been like that for 2 weeks now.

sfld

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
has anyone who received the watch tested to see if you can make calls via bluetooth and use the speaker and mic on the watch? (not activated)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci