Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
So I have something being shipped to me arriving tomorrow, but it's via USPS. Shipping from Indianapolis, but from a fulfillment center called SGI.

Ring any bells? Doesn't sound like it's my S2, but one can hope.

Otherwise, nothing on FedEx. Submitted 3/11, still pending on promo site, no emails.

Posted via the Android Central App

does it give you a date to when it might be delivered? and im hope its your watch.

CCCT

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as many of you and very frustrated:

- I'm on Verizon, submitted for S2 on 3/10 (minutes after hastily tearing open the box and submitting it, thinking it would make any difference)
- resubmitted on 3/12 after forgetting location code.
- received a follow-up email about my "VR submission", and had to contact Prizelogic to confirm it was still the S2.
- status on promo page changed to "pending" about 2 weeks ago now
- no emails from Prizelogic at all
- signed up for Fedex manager, nothing at all under my name or address

I realize that it's only been like 4 weeks, it's a free watch, and realistically I will be selling it anyway...but I'm frustrated how this whole thing is being handled.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as many of you and very frustrated:

- I'm on Verizon, submitted for S2 on 3/10 (minutes after hastily tearing open the box and submitting it, thinking it would make any difference)
- resubmitted on 3/12 after forgetting location code.
- received a follow-up email about my "VR submission", and had to contact Prizelogic to confirm it was still the S2.
- status on promo page changed to "pending" about 2 weeks ago now
- no emails from Prizelogic at all
- signed up for Fedex manager, nothing at all under my name or address

I realize that it's only been like 4 weeks, it's a free watch, and realistically I will be selling it anyway...but I'm frustrated how this whole thing is being handled.

I agree. I submitted 3/9. Submitted everything correctly the 1st time. People that submitted after me and even had to resubmit due to an error, have received their watch. Some more than a week after me. Yet I don't even have a ship date and the only email I have received is the first one that thanks me for my claim.
Prize logic is doing Samsung and it's customers a disservice. And if you call or email them you get a we don't know why or a canned response that says nothing.
This fiasco is giving Samsung and to a lesser extent Verizon a bad name.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
It's been less than a month... I figured we'd be lucky to see anything for 6 to 8 weeks minimum, I am actually quite shocked how fast these are going through, personally I say put the pitchforks away (for awhile anyway) ;)

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Let me guess you must be one of the many who has gotten there watch already! Unlike many of us who submitted all the right things on the opening day that still have not gotten a single thing saying a estimated ship date and when we call seems like we get the same answers oh well call back in a week! For what I've heard this same thing 2-3 times already Im tired of the BS...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Why keep calling then? They said 6 to 8 weeks..... When you order from Amazon and they say 2 days do you call back in 15 minutes and ask where your stuff is? Sorry not trying to be mean or anything (I want my watch like yesterday also) but the level of complaining about a company who is shipping faster then they said they would in the first place is getting a little crazy.... You've called 2-3 times already? With a week in between? No wonder you're pulling your hair out it hasn't even been 4 since you submitted...

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Why keep calling then? They said 6 to 8 weeks..... When you order from Amazon and they say 2 days do you call back in 15 minutes and ask where your stuff is? Sorry not trying to be mean or anything (I want my watch like yesterday also) but the level of complaining about a company who is shipping faster then they said they would in the first place is getting a little crazy.... You've called 2-3 times already? With a week in between? No wonder you're pulling your hair out it hasn't even been 4 since you submitted...

I realize it's only been a month but it's the point it's supposed to be first come first serve basis and seeing that others that submitted claims after my 3/9 submission date and either received or have shipment dates is what irritates me! And to answer your question about your Amazon remark, no because I know they're normally slow AF and not too worried because I know I'll get it but with this is different especially when there is limited supply! You may not see my point but I'm sure many others feel the same as me!

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Regarding FedEx manager... mine is pretty much useless. I have 3 confirmed FedEx shipments coming my way ... they are not related to the S2 .. and FedEx manager shows ZERO. I had to manually enter each for them to show up in my 'manager of managers'. + to those who are waiting for their S2's .. i'm waiting as well but have a Gear S and most other 1st, and 2nd gen e-watches ... you may be expecting more than you will get out of your S2. It's a pretty useless gadget truth be told unless you have a few specific use cases. I happen to have a few that align with the smart watch but for others/most your excitement/usage may begin and end at opening the box :)

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
FYI. I just checked FedEx delivery manager a little bit ago and my label was created. Expected to be delivered by Friday. I had estimated delivery date of April 18. Submitted March 10 about 9:00CT.

fluegge

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I went to Verizon store & could not order there to get promo. Was told I had to order online only to qualify. My status is approved, pending shipping.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

When I ordered it said 4-6 weeks. And from my order date that is about up. Regardless if you already got your watch then just stop because your opinion means nada.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Regarding FedEx manager... mine is pretty much useless. I have 3 confirmed FedEx shipments coming my way ... they are not related to the S2 .. and FedEx manager shows ZERO. I had to manually enter each for them to show up in my 'manager of managers'. + to those who are waiting for their S2's .. i'm waiting as well but have a Gear S and most other 1st, and 2nd gen e-watches ... you may be expecting more than you will get out of your S2. It's a pretty useless gadget truth be told unless you have a few specific use cases. I happen to have a few that align with the smart watch but for others/most your excitement/usage may begin and end at opening the box :)

I know in my case it will be plenty useful. First of all I work in an emergency department at our local hospital and we're not "supposed" to be using our phones. Easy for me to hide since I am inside the nurses station behind a desk. My director and supervisors leave me alone since I am for the most part out of sight of patients but not coworkers. The ability to just look at my watch to get the notifications would be so much better in my case. Also the fact that it has s health on there is a plus for me since I try to walk as much as possible in a 10 hour shift. I usually end up forgetting my phone on my desk so tracking all of my steps would be so much easier. It may be an expensive watch that I am going to be using, whenever it gets here, for the little things I want it for but hey it was free.

Somewhere on planet earth!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
When I ordered it said 4-6 weeks. And from my order date that is about up. Regardless if you already got your watch then just stop because your opinion means nada.

I haven't gotten my watch yet... Can you please grant me the power to make my opinion mean something again?.... Shouldn't you be on the phone with prize logic or something?? And you still have 2 weeks until your time is up....

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I know in my case it will be plenty useful. First of all I work in an emergency department at our local hospital and we're not "supposed" to be using our phones. Easy for me to hide since I am inside the nurses station behind a desk. My director and supervisors leave me alone since I am for the most part out of sight of patients but not coworkers. The ability to just look at my watch to get the notifications would be so much better in my case. Also the fact that it has s health on there is a plus for me since I try to walk as much as possible in a 10 hour shift. I usually end up forgetting my phone on my desk so tracking all of my steps would be so much easier. It may be an expensive watch that I am going to be using, whenever it gets here, for the little things I want it for but hey it was free.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Same here, I work for the dept of defense and we aren't allowed camera phones. So a 3g watch is going to be very useful. And I'm leaving in 3 weeks for 6 months so that is another reason I'm very impatient about this.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten my watch yet... Can you please grant me the power to make my opinion mean something again?.... Shouldn't you be on the phone with prize logic or something?? And you still have 2 weeks until your time is up....

You have a tracking number, so nice try. I have called them. Done replying to you.

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
This thread is titled gear vr promotion success, but I see mostly people talking about the S2. So back to the Gear VR, mine is out for delivery today according to FedEx. Never received an email from Prize Logic with tracking or anything. I submitted on 3/11, expected shipping date was 4/18.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37