Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Chris Winters

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they must be updating because the check status page is/was down.....

I think they are just esnding these approval emails out to cover themsleves for all the phone calls they are getting about delays and people getting shipments prior to other people who submitted later..... m

Just for note- my first approval email was received on March 3/31 and it stated ship date of apr 8 although when I got the email on 3/31 my 1st S2 was already en-route on 3/30...... and now I just received 3 more approval emails today with May eta.... so either they are sending them to everyone or I am now getting an extra 4th S2 somehow... lol

I am glad the sarcasm wasn't so extensive. Yes with the updating it COULD crash if they are trying to do too much at once.

Twinxiest

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I submitted my claim for Gear VR later than everyone else here. I got my S7 on march 16 and submitted it that same date. I knew that it would take months longer for me to get my promo since it was already close to the deadline of date purchased so when I received an email if I would like to update my gift to $100 e-gc, i went ahead and took the deal.

Of course I had to ask the prizelogic first if I would still be able to redeem the 6-game bundle and they said that as long as I received an email saying my submission was approved and was able to create an oculus id using the email add associated to my promotion before April 20 deadline, I should still be able to redeem it. The email states I have to update it no later than april 8 11:59:59pm. I updated my gift on april 3.

I assumed it would take about 2 weeks after my update gift submission before I receive a confirmation email as stated in the revised terms and conditions of the promo. I did, however, just got a confirmation email this morning with the e-gc code. *yeay!*
Fortunately, I already put the Gear VR from samsung.com in my cart about the same time I submitted the gift update. (I assumed samsung.com might have stock-shortage if everyone else took the e-gc option and everyone tries to buy at the same time.) Conclusively, I was able to check out my Gear VR from samsung.com using the e-giftcert code today and only paid $3.95 for ground shipping (1-3days) and only $0.36 for tax(shipping tax). With only a total cost of $4.30(1cent offset from $100gc of $99.99 VR value).
Anyway, I'm happily waiting for my VR to arrive anytime next week. Still beats waiting for something anytime til June. :)

xide

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I submitted the form for the free gear vr on 3/9 and had an estimated shipping date of 4/1. Up until today (4/7) it still said 4/1, but Samsung promotions currently says I do not have a submission under my e-mail.

I came here to post the EXACT same thing, I believe my submission was on the 11th though. My status has said estimated shipping 4/1 since last week so today I emailed them and an hour later my status says I don't have a submission with my email. I'm glad to know I haven't been singled out.

Also I created a FedEx account as many have mentioned, I believe everything is set right in insight, but it has 0 shipments. Is there additional info I should be adding to it other than my name and address?

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
So I have something being shipped to me arriving tomorrow, but it's via USPS. Shipping from Indianapolis, but from a fulfillment center called SGI.

Ring any bells? Doesn't sound like it's my S2, but one can hope.

Otherwise, nothing on FedEx. Submitted 3/11, still pending on promo site, no emails.

Posted via the Android Central App

Well, it wasn't the S2. And to drive the stake in deeper, like everyone else I got the "you have been approved and we'll get around to sending you the S2 sometime this calendar year. If we feel like it." email.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
The thing that burns me most is that the contest rules is states that the promotion was of limited quantity and that prizes where given out on a first come first serve basis.

I have a submission date of 3/9 and must be one of the oldest submissions have not even received a ship date.

If I had known that what Prizelogics interpolation of “first come first” serve was really a Lotery! I would not have factored in the gear S2 in renewing my contract with Verizon.

SJSharks21

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm also still stuck in limbo, submit on 3/9 for the VR, got an acceptance email on 3/22 and a estimated ship date of 4/1. Haven't heard anything else, and have called twice to prizelogic, they know nothing. I was in the middle of moving when I submitted my claim, so I put my work address down, which means that I can't use fedex delivery manager. Have faith, and good luck.

xjdriver

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm also still stuck in limbo, submit on 3/9 for the VR, got an acceptance email on 3/22 and a estimated ship date of 4/1. Haven't heard anything else, and have called twice to prizelogic, they know nothing. I was in the middle of moving when I submitted my claim, so I put my work address down, which means that I can't use fedex delivery manager. Have faith, and good luck.

Right there with you on all counts submitted 3/9, email on 3/22 stating 4/1 as a estimated ship date, and it is headed to my office (can't use delivery manager on business address). Glad to see several people have 4/1 estimated ship dates and no product. Hopefully they are still on their way, I see people with estimated ship dates of 4/18 are receiving them.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Haha I also just recieved an email saying my submission was approved and that due to high demand it could take until May or "summer 2016" to ship out...but FedEx manager has it slated to be here Saturday. This should be interesting.

I'm pretty sure that means you need to refuse shipment on that one so you can get the 'real' one in late Summer. Heck if you wait long enough Samsung is sure to ship you the next next Gear as the S and now the 2 have only sold a handful.

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
My delivery was suppose to be scheduled for today, but fedex still says label created. Hasn't changed for 5 days

Ditto. Mine was created on 4/2. Delivery is supposed to be for tomorrow.. We'll see especially because it still is at label created. I just got off the phone with prizelogic and they weren't much help. She couldn't tell me anything new or different. I explained it says label created and it's been like that for a week. All she could say was yeah it's been backed up.

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
yeah I got the approved emaIL, I also got my watch today.... very cool.. I had one problem activating it, during startup it suggested for me to activate, so I did so and it activated my cell phone number to The Watch. And messed everything up. I had to go down to Verizon and the guy fixed it for me in 5 minutes, but you get a new number for The Watch if you do the $5 a month thing.. so if you are going to pay the $5 a month for the service, call (from a different phone) the number that it gives you on the piece of paper that comes in the Box, don't dial *228 on the watch or it will activate your cell phone number to it...

Did anything show up in the FedEx delivery manager while you were waiting? Like stuck at "label created" by chance and it happened to just show up with no update?

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
My delivery was suppose to be scheduled for today, but fedex still says label created. Hasn't changed for 5 days

My label just got created yesterday afternoon with delivery of tomorrow. Maybe they do so many & ship them off at the same time (hopefully last night & FedEx didn't update yet). That's the same thing that happened with my phone too. Label was created & didn't update until it was sorted and scheduled to be delivered.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
The thing that burns me most is that the contest rules is states that the promotion was of limited quantity and that prizes where given out on a first come first serve basis.

I have a submission date of 3/9 and must be one of the oldest submissions have not even received a ship date.

If I had known that what Prizelogics interpolation of “first come first” serve was really a Lotery! I would not have factored in the gear S2 in renewing my contract with Verizon.

Ditto! Submitted 3/10 and still stuck on shipment pending status.. nothing in my fedex manager and Prizelogic has no other information to give me. I will just continue to check on and off throughout the day..😭😭

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/9

4/7 email from prize logic:

"Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number."

My favorite part: "Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016."

LOL!

Got this exact email today. Now I'm livid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1