Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Same boat here I think it's bs I did mine on the 9th of March, and haven't gotten **** from them at all, and all these people after me have gotten there's I'm about to raise hell at Verizon or samsung

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
So I called the Plainfield place that shows up on the FedEx page, on fedex it also says it's called "brightpoint" but the lady assured me they had changed their name, and it is called like ingromicro (sp). So i had gave her the tracking number and she was able to pull it up. I asked if there was any info on it and she said no. I had asked why the past week a label has been created with no activity, she said she didnt know. The phone number that was listed on the FedEx page is actually some insurance co., not the correct place. Poor lady seemed a little ticked off like she's been getting calls all day. So I had to do a little digging to find the correct number. Dead end again boys.

Probably Ingram Micro

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Ingram bought Brightpoint a couple years ago but they still use the Brightpoint name for promo stuff...

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Last edited:

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Same boat here I think it's bs I did mine on the 9th of March, and haven't gotten **** from them at all, and all these people after me have gotten there's I'm about to raise hell at Verizon or samsung

Wow! I'm another 3/9 submiter here!
I have the approval and that fluke bulk email and that's it! No ship date and no FedEx lable.

I wonder if there is any 3/8ers out there? And what there status is.

I remember the roll out for the phones was a bit premature. The release date was supposed to be the 11th but most of the New York and DC population centers received their phones on 3/8.

If you received your gear s2 and submitted before 3/10 give a shout.

That day something funny happened.

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the approval and that fluke bulk email and that's it! No ship date and no FedEx lable.

I remember the roll out for the phones was a bit premature. The release date was supposed to be the 11th but most of the New York and DC population centers received their phones on 3/8.

I submitted on 3/8 for the S2 (got the phone that day). Nothing here either, still says pending and nothing via fed ex... I'm getting pissed about all this.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

Mine was submitted 3/9. Received confirmation email same day and email yesterday. Shipping Date pending and no fedex label

turner3d

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The text on my "Samsung Check Status" page changed this morning - now it just reads:

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending​

No more massive disclaimer, note about delivery being pushed back into summer, etc. Dunno what that means - probably nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed all the mumbo jumbo just to cut down on call volume.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
-Submitted 3/10
-Approved immediately
-Status pending-3 weeks
-NO label or any movement in Delivery MANAGER.
-never received any email about pushing back the dates.

It sucks but all I can do is wait

Posted via the Android Central App

SpinDisc

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
So right after I posted yesterday (submitted 3/10), I checked FedEx Delivery Manager again. But I checked on my laptop, and it had language that sounded like I hadn't set it up yet. So I went through the process again (similar to a credit check), and initially nothing happened.

Five minutes later, I was able to see that a label WAS created for me (on 4/2). With a scheduled delivery of 4/5. Still just at the "label created" stage, but at least I know that's started.

So for those with a submission on 3/10 or earlier, double check to make sure your Delivery Manager account is actually set up. I'd been checking for over a week with an account that wasn't apparently setup correctly.

CCCT

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I just checked Fedex delivery manager and see that a lable was just created last night. Something from Brightpoint in Plainfield IN, 0.9 lbs. Expected delivery by 4/12. I'm not expecting anything other deliveries so it must be the S2.

It's about time...let's see if it actually comes by then. Submitted on 3/10.

CCCT

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I just checked Fedex delivery manager and see that a lable was just created last night. Something from Brightpoint in Plainfield IN, 0.9 lbs. Expected delivery by 4/12. I'm not expecting anything other deliveries so it must be the S2.

It's about time...let's see if it actually comes by then. Submitted on 3/10.

I should also note that I've received no emails confirming anything, and the promo site still says "pending".

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I have seen nothing change in over 3 weeks now still shipping pending, I submitted on the 9th, even in fedex nothing shows up this really sucks, especially IL be gone for a week at the end of April, I was planning on having it for my trip since it was in between the 4-6 weeks like they said,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid