Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just checked Fedex delivery manager and see that a lable was just created last night. Something from Brightpoint in Plainfield IN, 0.9 lbs. Expected delivery by 4/12. I'm not expecting anything other deliveries so it must be the S2.

It's about time...let's see if it actually comes by then. Submitted on 3/10.

My label was created on 4/2 with expected delivery of 4/7, which came and went with no pickup. It was just picked up at 12AM yesterday (4/8). I think those who had the previous batch of labels created waited a few days before they were picked up, too. Hope things get moving faster for your batch! I will say the promos status page has not updated for me and still shows ship date pending. No emails other than the generic, "Approved - may be May or late Summer" form emails that were sent a couple of days ago and on initial approval. So I would say don't expect it on the 12th, but at least know it's coming!

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
My label was created on 4/2 with expected delivery of 4/7, which came and went with no pickup. It was just picked up at 12AM yesterday (4/8). I think those who had the previous batch of labels created waited a few days before they were picked up, too. Hope things get moving faster for your batch! I will say the promos status page has not updated for me and still shows ship date pending. No emails other than the generic, "Approved - may be May or late Summer" form emails that were sent a couple of days ago and on initial approval. So I would say don't expect it on the 12th, but at least know it's coming!

My label was created 4/2 with expected delivery 4/5 and still nothing new past label created yet!

SpinDisc

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
For those that got their watch - do you remember the package weight on FedEx? I ordered the Gear, and my label says 2.3 lbs. Just checking to make sure I get the correct item

CCCT

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the info. It gives me a tiny glimmer of hope - like my submission didn't fall into a black hole - but I'm not going to hold my breath until it comes.

jdubb2345

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Sooooo. Just got a FedEx package. No email saying it was shipped. No tracking, nothing on FedEx delivery manager. Just showed up. I submitted on 3/11 and the promo page still says pending ship date.

I live in Illinois and my package came from Plainfield Indiana. It is the 3g model. So those of you without any information it may just show up at your door out of the blue. Good luck to all that have not received them yet.
Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Sooooo. Just got a FedEx package. No email saying it was shipped. No tracking, nothing on FedEx delivery manager. Just showed up. I submitted on 3/11 and the promo page still says pending ship date.

I live in Illinois and my package came from Plainfield Indiana. It is the 3g model. So those of you without any information it may just show up at your door out of the blue. Good luck to all that have not received them yet.
You give me hope maybe they will actually send it. Thanks. I also submitted 3/11 and no change anywhere.

jdouglas22

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. It gives me a tiny glimmer of hope - like my submission didn't fall into a black hole - but I'm not going to hold my breath until it comes.

I had thought mine fell into a black hole as well. Label was created 4/2 supposed to be delivered 4/7. No movement or anything then on 4/8 in the evening fedex updated and had said package was going to be delivered on 4/9. I had received the goods! 1 of 2. How long till the second one gets here who knows. It is 3g model. Submitted 3/11 immediate approval.
14602300708371218258019.jpg

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Received both of my VR's today. Submitted 3/10. FedEx site updated perfectly. Label created 4/6 and sent me email notifications about being shipped, etc.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I am curious if since the original allotted amount was 35000 and those got burned through if the fulfillment center had to wait for more from Samsung to come in.

Somewhere on planet earth!

jdubb2345

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I am curious if since the original allotted amount was 35000 and those got burned through if the fulfillment center had to wait for more from Samsung to come in.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Well if you go online to Verizon as of yesterday they are not back ordered. So if only Verizon customers are receiving them then I would say no they didn't burn through them. They just suck at filling orders on a first come first serve basis. Just my 2 cents

Chris Winters

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Well if you go online to Verizon as of yesterday they are not back ordered. So if only Verizon customers are receiving them then I would say no they didn't burn through them. They just suck at filling orders on a first come first serve basis. Just my 2 cents

Verizon is not sending them out. What I am saying is if Samsung only supplied the original 35000 then because of the demand released more then there is going to be a delay for prizelogic to receive the additional supply. Whether Verizon is in stock or not doesn't really play into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21