Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

jgickler

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have been following this tread, but registered today to give my data point.

Ordered from Verizon.com on 2/23.
Received the phone on 3/9 and entered the promo information immediately for the VR.
Received approval for the promotion on 3/22.
Estimated ship date was April 1.
I have not received any other communication about this order, no change of terms, no tracking number, no notice of delayed fulfillment.

The check status website still says "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
Shipping Date Estimate: 4/1/2016"

I emailed prizelogic last Thursday asking for a revised ship date, and today I received the canned response that basically said to look at the check status page.

I also am having this shipped to a commercial address, so I can not check fedex to see if a label was printed.

cbugzeee

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
wooot! arrived...

ETA: For the record, still says Approved w/ Shipment Date pending on status page.

(Filed claim 3/10 PM)

Last edited:

tcox8

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Brightpoint in Plainfield (where it is shipping from) but they claim they need the order number to look anything up. The tracking number or any number I had from Verizon would not work. The lady recommended that I wait a few more days and check the status again. :(

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Been checking everyday, still nothing for me, shipping pending on Samsung website, nothing in fedex, no emails, guess I keep waiting hoping it will be dropped off at my door while I'm at work

jgickler

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I used the contact us link on the check status page to see if I could get a update on the shipping date. This was last Thursday. Today I got a canned response, telling me to use the check status page, which I have done probably a couple hundred times over the last week. So I emailed back, saying that that didn't answer my question, and the reply was a different canned response, telling me to use the check status page and how to submit my claim, which I did back on March 9th. So I sent another reply, simply saying please read this, and answer my question. And again, I received the canned response about checking the web page and how to submit the claim.

So I went to the prizelogic webpage, found an email from a real person, and sent them a message talking about how awful their communication was and how poorly this experience reflected on both prizelogic and Samsung. A few minutes later, I received a message that my complaint was forwarded to a support guru. The message was sent from a mobile phone, so I assume that at least one real person has heard my concerns at this point. I will update the thread if I find out anything from their "support guru".

JoshKeune96

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I submitted mine on March 9th, immediately after receiving my phone. My status was changed to approved about 2 days later with no emails from Prizelogic/Samsung at the time. Fast forward to April 4th and my status changed to estimated shipping date 4/8. I figured this would be a bit off, so I waited around, still no emails from either company. Today, April 12th, my status has reverted back to shipping date estimate pending, with no emails explaining why. Honestly this is getting kind of irritating, I don't mind waiting for it, I mean it's free after all, but I'd like to know what's going on. On a side note, I do have Fedex Delivery Manager and it shows nothing as well.

liquid228

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/10, status currently says shipping date 4/1. Obviously, not sent... wont response to emails, facebook messages etc.

Facebook even told on them. It showed that a message I sent on Friday was "seen" but three days later they have still yet to reply.

What is concerning me right now is the fact that the oculus games supposedly aren't claimable after 4/20, and at this point I think it is unlikely I will receive by then.

If we really want to get aggressive... Start messaging employees directly. I am not advocating harassment at all... but maybe if the higher ups at prize logic start to feel the pain a little something will move. I am sure that the logistics of delivering 300,000+ products is difficult, fair enough... If something got goofed up and there is a delay, that's OK but tell everyone the truth, and give them an update - don't just ignore them.

If you look on their facebook page, there are some company outing photos... looks like some of the employees made comments on them

https://www.facebook.com/PrizeLogic/

You can verify that some of them are actually employees by matching the names here: About Us | Prizelogic.com

xide

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/10, status currently says shipping date 4/1. Obviously, not sent... wont response to emails, facebook messages etc.

Facebook even told on them. It showed that a message I sent on Friday was "seen" but three days later they have still yet to reply.

What is concerning me right now is the fact that the oculus games supposedly aren't claimable after 4/20, and at this point I think it is unlikely I will receive by then.

If we really want to get aggressive... Start messaging employees directly. I am not advocating harassment at all... but maybe if the higher ups at prize logic start to feel the pain a little something will move. I am sure that the logistics of delivering 300,000+ products is difficult, fair enough... If something got goofed up and there is a delay, that's OK but tell everyone the truth, and give them an update - don't just ignore them.

I submitted on 3/10 and had the shipping date as 4/1, with nothing from fedex, prizlogic status, emails, or even the $100 gift card apology offer....my emails are also ignored.

I agree with your comment about logistics, but I don't understand why many people in this thread who have submitted after 3/10, with estimated ship dates past 4/1 are already getting them. I completely forgot about the game bundle deadline. The order doesn't make much sense and at this point I think they are drawing random names out of a hat.....or maybe the ship date 4/1 was a cruel April fools joke.

MonsterTaco

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Submitted for the S2 Gear the day I received my phone - 3/11. Immediately got the "Thanks for your submission" email. Have not received any other emails since. I've checked the Samsung site intermittently - probably once every 2 - 5 days and have been lurking in this forum. Not sure if my status changed at all, since I was infrequently checking, but all I ever saw was "Shipping Date Pending," which is still the status right now.

However, about 15 minutes ago the receptionist just dropped off a package and now my Gear S2 is on my desk charging up!

So for all of you that haven't received an email and/or are waiting for a ship date, there's still some hope that it might just show up out of the blue! Good luck all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke