Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

MrOnager

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I put in for the Gear S2 and I am getting a package but it is going to be the VR, I am pissed because the watch was the only reason that I did this promotion. So I am waiting on the phone to talk to a representative and see what they say! If that is what I am getting then I am going to talk to Verizon about it since they were part of the promotion and see what they can do. Well I got the representative on the phone and she says that I am getting the S2 but I got an email with the information concerning a VR. I can't see them sending me two items when I only qualify for one!

I got an email yesterday (4/18) from samsungpromotions.com via amazonses.com that my gift was on its way + a FedEx tracking number. It had a picture of an S7 and a VR. The package was delivered this AM and it was in fact an S2 as I requested. Hope the same for you.

santa6

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered my S7 Edge through Verizon and have had the phone a little over a month. I learned on this thread that I had to go to a website and register - thought I did that during pre-order, but no. I signed up for the Gear 2. I did that and no more than two weeks later(yesterday) I got an email confirming and approving my request. It said to expect late May, or possibly into summer for delivery.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I got an email yesterday (4/18) from samsungpromotions.com via amazonses.com that my gift was on its way + a FedEx tracking number. It had a picture of an S7 and a VR. The package was delivered this AM and it was in fact an S2 as I requested. Hope the same for you.

via amazonses.com? Where was it shipped from?

AshxHand

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I submitted on March 9th and was approved a few days later. And only 1 email since. I know there is a 4-6 week window for delivery. I don't care. I'm still mad that so many that submitted so far after me are getting theirs while I don't even get an email.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris Winters

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
So chatting with Prizelogic through facebook gets you nowhere!

WED 7:35PM
Hi I am a participant in the verizon gear s2 promotion. I have called a few times and given very vague answers as to what is going on with my 2 gifts I have coming. My status has changed to en route for both but yet nothing. I am seeing people who submitted after me are receiving theirs. What is going on? I have been approved for both watches since the 13th or March. My email I received when I submitted said 4-6 weeks yet like I said others who submitted after me are receiving theirs.

Today 6 days later!

PL: Hello, please confirm the email address used to register for this promotion so we may locate your submission.

ME: It says this Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route but it was the same status as before then it changed last week to in process then back again.
12:34PM

ME: Anything?
2:35PM

PL: You have two submissions that have been approved. Your packages are currently processing at our fulfillment company. While the shipment date is currently pending, you will be provided a tracking number when your packages ship.

ME: Ok can you please explain why people who submitted after me have gotten theirs? We are coming up on 6 weeks since I have been approved. This is getting very frustrating that noone can give anything more than a canned response.

PL: I cannot comment on non-specific submissions. Submissions are processed in the order in which they are received received. It is possible that there was a delay in shipment of prizes due to availability, but all submissions should still be within the estimated time frame.

ME: Uhm if done on the order they were received then I would have mine before those who have submitted after I did. The way this promotion has been handled and the lack of answers is very disturbing. I submitted on the 12th and approved on the 13th.

PL: your receipt may have been approved but your submission was not.

PL: you would have received an email saying "submission approved"

ME: When I called they told me I was approved on the 13th for 2 gear s2's.

ME: Also in the status site it has said "submission approved" since around the 15th!

Still no response back from them.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
PL has no idea what's going on in their own facility. I still believe it's the dart board theory or they use a bingo ball cage to pick submissions to ship to.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone who originally had an estimated shipping date of 4/18 received their's or a tracking number (through Delivery Manager or other) yet?

I had that estimated shipping date pretty much since approval in mid-March, but it changed to pending shipping date early last week.

My husband's VR was stated as shipping 4/18. He recd it on 4/13.

Mine was sent in 3 days after his and my shipping is still pending.

edit: responding to a particular post - added quote

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
(I think the label created status means that the paperwork was submitted, but it seems like they are physically handing off packages to Fedex only on Fridays.)

Thanks to everyone who posted on this forum so I could know that I wasn't alone...and good luck to everyone still waiting.

One of mine was picked up today. Label created last week. Submitted 3/9 and 3/22 both approved following day. No word on second.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
After 4+ weeks of sitting at "shipping date estimate pending" I finally have a change in status!!! To "under review ".... the heck?...

AshxHand

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Mine switched to in route today.

Submitted the 9th. Approved a few days later. No tracking on any site or email.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze