Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Submitted 3/8 for the gear s2 and I just got a tracking number via FedEx deliver manager. Took long enough. Says delivery for tomorrow but there's nothing other than label created, so we'll see how long it takes.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Submitted on 3/11 for S2 and 3/15 for VR. Both approved by 3/18.
Submissions suddenly rejected without email or any notice on 4/1. Called PrizeLogic and was told it was due to "DUPLICATE" moniker on receipts retrieved from VZW.com (I never save paper when I can get same docs online.) After spending the weekend on and off the phone with VZW and PrizeLogic and going to my local VZW store trying to get original receipts, miraculously, on 4/4 my submissions were changed back to approved and ship date of 5/18 added to VR, S2 still showing Pending.

Message changed for both on the same day as everyone else's did to "In route", date disappeared from VR.
Thursday 4/14 - Fedex tracking number added for S2 and date of 5/18 added back to VR.
Saturday 4/16 - Gear S2 3G (m/n: RM-730V) was delivered to my front door weighing in at 0.9 lbs.

Saturday evening, I took sealed Gear S2 to local VZW store and asked if I could swap it for a Gear S2 Classic 3G. The guys said yes if they could find a way in the system to do it. After 9 different attempts, 80 minutes in-store and ultimately fudging the system, they managed to accept it as a return and sell me a Classic 3G for a difference of $100. The system would only see it as a contract device for some reason no matter how they did it so I lost $50 on that but they waved the restock fee and discounted activation to make it up. :)

I did not receive an email with the tracking info until Sunday so the site updated with tracking first for me.

Now just waiting on the VR.

Do you know what they actually had to do to make the return/exchange happen? I'm wondering if I might be able to exchange it for a moto 360 instead.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Finally got one of my two devices to show up in FedEx with a tracking number. (one VR, one Gear S2) Both originally Submitted 3/12, and to re-submit on 3/14 due to location code issue. The VR was approved on 3/22, with expected ship date 4/30. The Gear S2 was approved 4/7, no expected ship date given. I, too have seen the change to/from approved/en-route/approved on the Gear S2, but never had an expected ship date. The VR has also changed to/from/back to 4/30 ship date/en-route/4/30 ship date. the status page hasn't changed yet, so I don't know which, but given the .9 lbs weight, I suspect that the Gear S2 is the first shipping item.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So chatting with Prizelogic through facebook gets you nowhere!

ME: Ok can you please explain why people who submitted after me have gotten theirs? We are coming up on 6 weeks since I have been approved. This is getting very frustrating that noone can give anything more than a canned response.

PL: I cannot comment on non-specific submissions. Submissions are processed in the order in which they are received received. It is possible that there was a delay in shipment of prizes due to availability, but all submissions should still be within the estimated time frame..

"Submissions are processed in the order in which they are received"

!

That is demonstrably untrue!

Along with "First come first serve", "Limited quantity's" and "first come first serve" all phrases included in the boiler plate cut and paste contest rules.

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Yep....I'm in the same boat. I submitted my paperwork on 3/12 for one S2 Watch and one Gear VR. I got an approval email on 3/22 for the Gear VR with an estimated ship date of 4/18. I got an approval email on 4/7 approving the S2 without any ship date. My status have both gone to in route...but nothing in Fedex for me. I'm not sure if delivery manager is going to work for me. I had trouble signing up...was able to by using my landlord's name and then added my name to the list. Nothing showing yet....extremely frustrating that things aren't being processed in order of receipt.

Crosis47

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Do you know what they actually had to do to make the return/exchange happen? I'm wondering if I might be able to exchange it for a moto 360 instead.

Not 100% sure. They tried quite a few different things. In the end I think it ultimately just allowed them to accept it as a device return but only at the contract price of $300. I would think you'd be able to do it and get a different watch if you wanted. Just be sure you are going to a corporate store and not a 3rd party one. The 3rd party stores are useless unless they are selling you something.

Crosis47

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I dont get how you lost 50 bucks on the deal if you got your S2 for free as part of the thread topic. Cool you were able to swap it for a classic... but IMO 100 is 100 too much for a classic or S2 if you really net it out.

I lost the $50 because I paid a $100 difference when the S2 and Classic are only a $50 difference in MSRP: S2 is $350 while S2 Classic is $400. When they scanned it in, because there was no VZW order associated with it, it assumed the lowest value so it came up as a contract device at $300 instead of $350. In order to stay out of a contract on the watch, I had to purchase the Classic at retail of $400. This is how I lost $50.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Not 100% sure. They tried quite a few different things. In the end I think it ultimately just allowed them to accept it as a device return but only at the contract price of $300. I would think you'd be able to do it and get a different watch if you wanted. Just be sure you are going to a corporate store and not a 3rd party one. The 3rd party stores are useless unless they are selling you something.

Did you get the bluetooth only version? the 3G/contract version is normally 349

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine is showing label created in FedEx deliver manager, but it's showing the weight at 0.9 pounds. I got the watch though, anyone think the weight is no big deal? Shouldn't it say 2.3 pounds? I even have an email where I asked prize logic to confirm in getting the watch and they said yeah, so I'm not sure what to think.

Any ideas?

Crosis47

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Mine is showing label created in FedEx deliver manager, but it's showing the weight at 0.9 pounds. I got the watch though, anyone think the weight is no big deal? Shouldn't it say 2.3 pounds? I even have an email where I asked prize logic to confirm in getting the watch and they said yeah, so I'm not sure what to think.

Any ideas?

The watch is 0.9 lbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae