Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Well, the status site is back to shipping date pending for me. But now the FedEx shows a label has been created and my S2 will be delivered Tuesday. It says the weight is 0.9lbs, that is the S2 watch weight right? Anyway, I bought my phone online 3/17 and submitted for the watch on 3/18 once I received the phone.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I finally have a tracking number! Submitted 3/10. I dont know if this has anything to do with this but I emailed the head guy over the Midwest area for PrizeLogic and got back a canned message. Well I checked my delivery manager about 8:45 pm and nothing on there and I wake up today to label created on delivery manager. I just told him how it wasn't right that they didn't go in order. So maybe try going to their site and emailing someone higher up?

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Got an email from fedex DM with a package that is 1 pound coming from.

INGRAM MICRO L P/ESP
3820 MICRO DR
MILLINGTON, TN US 380536215
To be delivered on monday.
Submitted on 3/15 approved 3/16

Was not expecting any packages

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Got an email from fedex DM with a package that is 1 pound coming from.

INGRAM MICRO L P/ESP
3820 MICRO DR
MILLINGTON, TN US 380536215
To be delivered on monday.
Submitted on 3/15 approved 3/16

Was not expecting any packages

Unless it's passed the label created stage, you'll probably not get it on that date

mikeyt99

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Finally received my 2 Gear VR's, they both came in the same box, was delivered yesterday, 3 weeks past the 4/1 estimated ship date that was included in the e-mail. I had a 4/8 estimated date on my S2 but actually received it earlier than that. Hope all the rest of you get your gifts soon!!

Frank Abbott

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I was late to the game and did not submit my claim for S2 until 3/22. I got approved on 4/7. Anybody with similar dates had success so far? My status check has changing over the past 2 weeks and as of today it states what's below. Nothing on FedEx yet.

"Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.

Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I submitted for Gear S2 on 3/11. Approved 1 week later w/ shipping date pending. Since then two different updates saying 'in route', but nothing in Fedex Manager & no tracking numbers provided. Last night late....my status changed again back to Shipment Date Estimate: Pending. I appreciate the 'Free Gift' & I'm willing to wait, but why the need to mess with me by making me think it's on it's way (twice)?

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So my submissions switched from “in route” to “processing your gift for delivery” I wonder what’s really happening here? These status changes seem to happen en mass, or a large amount of people get there status change at the same time. I’d like to think it’s some kind of automatic script run in relation to the database entries. But there doesn’t seem to be a relation to amount of time the entry has been stagnant or submission date. The lack of really noticeable pattern indicates human action.

So whats happening… Lets postulate a person is modifying the database of entry’s so that the status changes. But why?

My hypothesis, a shipment of merchandise (gear S2 or gear VR) run out at the warehouse. When this happens the warehouse floor worker(the person who puts merchandise in a box to ship) tells the database modifier person that there will be no more work done for those submissions for a while(gear or VR) and the database person changes the status.

How to test? The reporting of new Fed Ex shipping labels creation will decrease in the next few days and or the new labels that are created will have no movement from the warehouse.(because there’s no more merchandise)

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Same here shipping date pending. I am wondering if they are just spinning a big wheel and whatever it lands on is the status for the day.

Somewhere on planet earth!

stuhast

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad people are getting deliveries, but reading this board is personally infuriating. Submitted 3/9, Approved 4/7, FedEx label 4/8 and S2 still stuck in the warehouse in Plainfield, IN. It's time to file a complaint with the BBB against Samsung. It wouldn't be the first time for me either (broken TV). I love my S7 edge so far but I am going to have reservations buying a Samsung product again.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Same here shipping date pending. I am wondering if they are just spinning a big wheel and whatever it lands on is the status for the day.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Instead of a wheel, I have this pile of paper work idea in one of my older posts. Your submission is one paper in a pile of paper work new submissions are put on top of that pile every so often and when work can be done is it is done from the top of the pile. Resulting in a newest first and oldest last order.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad people are getting deliveries, but reading this board is personally infuriating. Submitted 3/9, Approved 4/7, FedEx label 4/8 and S2 still stuck in the warehouse in Plainfield, IN. It's time to file a complaint with the BBB against Samsung. It wouldn't be the first time for me either (broken TV). I love my S7 edge so far but I am going to have reservations buying a Samsung product again.

Exact same dates as you, and I seem to think that there are a bunch of people out there with a 4/7 approval date.

I think that was a big work day for this promo at PL.

Shout it out if you have a 4/7 approval.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
a BBB claim for a slow rebate from a 3rd party admin? I am not pleased that it's taking longer than expected either, but really? To each his own, I guess.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
The theories do kinda all make sense. Here's mine: If they have me slated for possible delivery (in route status), but it comes down to Friday (shipment day) & they work off the top of the stack....oops, ran out of product again...my submission goes back to the pending pile to wait for next week. I could stay in the 'in route/pending limbo' forever. Add delayed status updates to the process & it makes perfect sense why even the help desk has no idea. I'm thinking of filing a medical complaint for my sore finger from refreshing my status update & my mental anguish at being toyed with repeatedly. Cruel & Unusual!

raphyp

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
back from in route to approved and processing date pending
Here's my theory ( I posted it previously but figured I'll repeat myself)

Personally I think that Prizelogic printed out all the submissions and sorts them by where in the process they are. The status and emails are sent based on that. Then somebody's 2 year old comes in to the office and rearranges the piles. The next day someone goes through the piles and sets the status, and sends the email based on which pile they are now in.
I know it's absurd but it fits the facts as well as any other explanation I've seen.

Crosis47

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
My second Gear VR was delivered today. I am so happy that all of this waiting is finally done.

The Gear VR has a warning that no one under 13 should use the Gear VR so now I have no idea what I'll dow with the second one. I have a second S7 Edge that I kept just for this reason so maybe I'll be selling the other Gear VR.

There's no real reason for the age limit except that it matches Facebook's age policy. Facebook owns Oculus and this likely saves them from doing the research to come up with a proper age. They are actually talking about lowering that limit anyways. My daughter has been using VR since she was 9 with no issues and aside from game realism, I see no possible reason for a limit other than the same limit they have on 3D for eye development which IIRC is 6.

https://www.inverse.com/article/12648-vr-age-limits-are-where-risk-aversion-bad-science-and-legit-worries-meet

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I was late to the game and did not submit my claim for S2 until 3/22. I got approved on 4/7. Anybody with similar dates had success so far? My status check has changing over the past 2 weeks and as of today it states what's below. Nothing on FedEx yet.

"Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.

Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

I submitted my second one same date with same status. My first one did not show shipped until after receipt

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
There's no real reason for the age limit except that it matches Facebook's age policy. Facebook owns Oculus and this likely saves them from doing the research to come up with a proper age. They are actually talking about lowering that limit anyways. My daughter has been using VR since she was 9 with no issues and aside from game realism, I see no possible reason for a limit other than the same limit they have on 3D for eye development which IIRC is 6.

https://www.inverse.com/article/12648-vr-age-limits-are-where-risk-aversion-bad-science-and-legit-worries-meet

The vr from Samsung are not made by oculus so Facebook wouldn't have anything to do with age verification

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood