Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
so ingram is part of this promotion right? i seen a post on here that brightpoint was taken over by ingram. so im guessing ingram is part of this and are one of the companys to send out the gifts. has anyone also got ingram as a point of origin? im really hoping that the package thats on its way to me is the watch.

Edit: well turns out the package that is one its way to me is not the watch, it's the wireless charger that was on backorder had forgotten about this since it's been almost a month.

Last edited:

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
So chatting with Prizelogic through facebook gets you nowhere!

WED 7:35PM
Hi I am a participant in the verizon gear s2 promotion. I have called a few times and given very vague answers as to what is going on with my 2 gifts I have coming. My status has changed to en route for both but yet nothing. I am seeing people who submitted after me are receiving theirs. What is going on? I have been approved for both watches since the 13th or March. My email I received when I submitted said 4-6 weeks yet like I said others who submitted after me are receiving theirs.

Today 6 days later!

PL: Hello, please confirm the email address used to register for this promotion so we may locate your submission.

ME: It says this Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route but it was the same status as before then it changed last week to in process then back again.
12:34PM

ME: Anything?
2:35PM

PL: You have two submissions that have been approved. Your packages are currently processing at our fulfillment company. While the shipment date is currently pending, you will be provided a tracking number when your packages ship.

ME: Ok can you please explain why people who submitted after me have gotten theirs? We are coming up on 6 weeks since I have been approved. This is getting very frustrating that noone can give anything more than a canned response.

PL: I cannot comment on non-specific submissions. Submissions are processed in the order in which they are received received. It is possible that there was a delay in shipment of prizes due to availability, but all submissions should still be within the estimated time frame.

ME: Uhm if done on the order they were received then I would have mine before those who have submitted after I did. The way this promotion has been handled and the lack of answers is very disturbing. I submitted on the 12th and approved on the 13th.

PL: your receipt may have been approved but your submission was not.

PL: you would have received an email saying "submission approved"

ME: When I called they told me I was approved on the 13th for 2 gear s2's.

ME: Also in the status site it has said "submission approved" since around the 15th!

Still no response back from them.

So just an update on my conversation with PL. Took them since Tuesday to respond back ro my las comment.

At this point in time your information has been sent to our fulfillment company and your package is preparing to ship. please note that you will receive an email when your items have shipped, This information will also be available on the status checker site.

Somewhere on planet earth!

SmokinAce41

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Well mine actually came like i said yesterday i had nothing in fedex and all the same crazy changes on the site but yesterday fedex sent me an email saying mine was on the way. Reading all these posts didnt believe it but it just got here. Submitted the 16th approved the 18th and arrived on the 22nd of april. Not bad for me but i can understand the frustration of some on here. No way i should have mine but someone from the 9th 7 or 8 days earlier dont. Good luck anyway.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well mine actually came like i said yesterday i had nothing in fedex and all the same crazy changes on the site but yesterday fedex sent me an email saying mine was on the way. Reading all these posts didnt believe it but it just got here. Submitted the 16th approved the 18th and arrived on the 22nd of april. Not bad for me but i can understand the frustration of some on here. No way i should have mine but someone from the 9th 7 or 8 days earlier dont. Good luck anyway.

I don't know why I continue to read this forum.. It just pisses me off more everytime, but I have to keep checking back every day multiple times. Although I am happy that you and countless other people that submitted after I did have received yours is but wth.. I have not received jack squat. Last night my status switched back to processing shipping pending. That makes 4 times this week it's gone back and forth.. no label no nothing..

Submitted 3/10

Posted via the Android Central App

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't know why I continue to read this forum.. It just pisses me off more everytime, but I have to keep checking back every day multiple times. Although I am happy that you and countless other people that submitted after I did have received yours is but wth.. I have not received jack squat. Last night my status switched back to processing shipping pending. That makes 4 times this week it's gone back and forth.. no label no nothing..

Submitted 3/10

Same!

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
At this point in time your information has been sent to our fulfillment company

So what’s this now? It goes from my info on a Samsung server where PrizeLogic reviews my submission. Then they send that info or I guess it is an actual order at this time to Brightpoint and then they ship the thing in a box via Fedex ground.

SO has Prizelogic done its part and it’s really Brightpoint messing up? Should the squeaky wheel be shouting at Prizelogic to get on the phone and tell them to do their orders in order?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly plus it says Oculus right on the Gear VR itself.
I edited my post. I could see it maybe not being manufactured by oculus but I'm guessing you have to log in and that's where the age limit would kick in. Could be wrong though, I don't have a vr. Just a guess.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I edited my post. I could see it maybe not being manufactured by oculus but I'm guessing you have to log in and that's where the age limit would kick in. Could be wrong though, I don't have a vr. Just a guess.

The warnings that I read said that using the Gear VR by anyone under 13 could affect their learning ability and other things.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Happy for those that received their S2 watches already. I can't help but feel like standing in a long line for something just to see people in front cutting in constantly. Arrrrgh!

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I submitted on 3/10 and have had my S2 watch for a couple of weeks (sorry). That said, I don't understand how people who submitted before me or on the same day are still waiting.

I've continued to follow this thread because it's so unbelievable. Doesn't PrizeLogic have computers? Why didn't they sort entries in order of receipt and send the watches or VR units accordingly?

I know that nobody has answers, but this promotion just defies any sort of logic. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
My label was generated late Wednesday afternoon, and package picked up late this afternoon, to be delivered tomorrow. Samsung Status page still says Delivery date is pending.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!!!! I just got an email from FEDEX through Delivery Manager for a package coming from Brightpoint 1.5 lb arrived at FEDEX location set for delivery next week. It was picked up at around 7AM in IN this morning and in the hands of FEDEX. I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

My status page still says processing and est shipping date of 4.18.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
HOLY CRAP!!!! I just got an email from FEDEX through Delivery Manager for a package coming from Brightpoint 1.5 lb arrived at FEDEX location set for delivery next week.

My status page still says processing and est shipping date of 4.18.

There is light at the end of tunnel!

at 1.5 lbs, must be a VR!

geek_girl

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I submitted for my VR on 3/14. Showed a ship date of 4/30. Got a FedEx tracking number today. Shows it shipped out yesterday and will arrive tomorrow.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
There's also a good possibility that the Gear S2's are being handled by a different fulfillment center/processing company than the VR's, resulting in the different handling