Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Just spoke to PrizeLogic again over the phone. Had the rep confirm that I am receiving the Gear S2 as promised and that it was not being switched to the Gear VR. He also said that my fulfillment was completed and that my S2 should be shipping anytime now. When I inquired about why people were receiving the VR instead of the S2, he did not give a very clear answer. He said that anyone who ordered at a verizon store would only receive the VR, and those who ordered online or over the phone would have the option of the S2. Doesn't make sense because from what I can understand, those of you who were confirmed to receive the S2 are now being switched to the VR? Strange. One thing to take away from the phone call however is that he never said the supply of S2's has run out. Oddly, he also asked me how many times I've called, lol maybe they're getting tired of me over there.

Well, this gives me some hope...we'll see...I don't think any of them know what is going on solidly.

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
From the Terms and Conditions of the Promo, " Samsung reserves the right to substitute a Gift item for another item of equal
or greater value in the event of item unavailability". If the rumors about the empty supply of S2's are true, then Samsung has gone against this by replacing the S2 watches ($300 value) with the Gear Vr ($100 value) and 6 game bundle ($50 value). I hope this isn't the case. Brightpoint has 2 weeks left in the 6-8 week cycle to find my order and ship out my S2.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
This from my continued conv. with these yahoo's

PL: Our records show that you were emailed your approval on 4/6. The estimated shipping is 4-6 weeks from this date, however, as your information has already been sent to our fulfillment company, I would not expect it to take that long. While I cannot provide a better estimate, I would suggest that you add noreply@prizelogic.com to your contacts in your email to ensure that you receive your email with tracking when your items ship.

ME: I am sorry but there were many people that received that email that day. Many of which were submitted before me, days before me actually. On top of this I was told by your reps on the phone that my submission was approved for 2 gear s2's on the 13th so it would be started from then. I am not sure where in this whole process the ball got dropped but it did. Also the fact still remains that people are receiving their gear s2's who have submitted well after the date I did. There has yet to be an explanation for that considering it was on a first come first serve basis.

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Just got off phone with prizelogic and was told I was approved for 2 S2 watches and not true about them running out. But the lady was rude and said on March 19th they changed the 4-6 weeks was changed to 6-8 weeks. Today's my 6th week and the last rep I spoke to last week said 4-6 weeks too call back on my 6th week if I haven't received my 2 s2s. Now this rep says may 8th if I haven't received them to call back.

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Is there anything possible the people that submitted before those who've already received there S2s (that submitted after those who are still waiting) can do if they do run out of S2s? Maybe we should start a list everyone adds there name and submission dates and approval dates and if they received or are still waiting keep it updated and if they do run out maybe we can do something as a group to get ours? Let me know if you yall think that would be good

Last edited:

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
The biggest issue is the reps, at least in my case not sure in others, are NOW saying different approval dates. I am more pissed about how this is being handled not so much as how long it is taking.

lumns84

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
After reading the posts that had conflicting approval dates it got me thinking about when I randomly received the "approved email". I submitted 3/21, within a couple of days the website said approved. 4/7 I got the approval email.

I wondering if there was a tornado inside the office and they had to reapprove all submissions.

I know there are a lot of y'all who submitted around 3/11 and are still awaiting. That it is clear first come first served was definitely not followed.

The only thing consistent is the lack of consistency.

Good luck to all this week!!!

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I submitted 3/8 for the S2 and got tracking info via FedEx (nothing on prize logic's site or email) and it should be delivered tomorrow. It's actually in transit, not just label created. So maybe they aren't actually out of watches? The packaged weight says 0.9 pounds.

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I sent them a message to their Facebook and this is the reply I got

"Prizelogic
Hello, your submission has been approved and your gift is currently processing shipment at our fulfillment company. While we will try to remain close to the estimated time frame, due to the overwhelming success of this promotion, S2's were on backorder and may ship later than the estimated time period. Please note that you will, however, receive tracking when your gift has shipped."

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
My status is still shipping date pending but Delivery Manager still shows a label created for 0.9lb package with a delivery date of tomorrow.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I submitted 3/8 for the S2 and got tracking info via FedEx (nothing on prize logic's site or email) and it should be delivered tomorrow. It's actually in transit, not just label created. So maybe they aren't actually out of watches? The packaged weight says 0.9 pounds.

I should be receiving my watch on Tuesday. On Friday, I had a label created and nothing all weekend until last evening, it left and arrived at another place. So things are moving now. I submitted 3/10 and is 0.9 pounds also. Also nothing on the PrizeLogic site or emails.

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
My status is still shipping date pending but Delivery Manager still shows a label created for 0.9lb package with a delivery date of tomorrow.

sounds like you are getting an S2 congratulations!!! lucky son of a gun

my status on the site was also reverted back to "shipping date pending"

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So it seems that there is a major disconnect between Prizelogic and Brightpoint, specifically with the gear S2 side of the promotion.

There have been numerous posts about the gearS2 having no updates at the website but magically showing up one day out of the blue.

SO Brightpoint is supposed to update or submit some kind of paperwork to Prizelogic at some point so that Prizelogic can update the Samsung site.

The disconnect could be between Brightpoint and Prizelogic on the last part of the process.

If Prizelogic does not have someone working on this step of the process there is an e-mail box getting stuffed with status updates from Brightpoint that just are not getting worked into the Samsung site.

Regardless, after some thought it does seem that Brightpoint does not have a first come first serve policy in fulfilling its orders.

The project manager/liaison from Prizelogic needs to get on the horn with the project manager/supervisor at the Brightpoint facility and tell them to process the orders chronologically. Then that Brightpoint manager/supervisor needs to go down to the warehouse floor and tell the guys working the package to read the dates.

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
sounds like you are getting an S2 congratulations!!! lucky son of a gun

my status on the site was also reverted back to "shipping date pending"

Thanks but I'm not going to consider myself lucky until the thing arrives at my house haha. Delivery Manager has it scheduled for delivery tomorrow but it's still only at Label Created.

stuhast

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks but I'm not going to consider myself lucky until the thing arrives at my house haha. Delivery Manager has it scheduled for delivery tomorrow but it's still only at Label Created.

Not to rain on your parade, but be warned that I've been in the Brightpoint "scheduled delivery:Tue 4/12/2016 by end of day" holding pattern since 4/8 per FedEx delivery manager with NO movement whatsoever.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Seeing the recent posts about the .9 vs 1.4 lbs shipment differences, i'm pretty sure i'll be receiving the VR instead of the S2. I'm not so happy right now. I can only think about the past emails about how they are switching your gift to a VR email. Pretty frustrating waiting for a month and a half for a gift that i can't use as I already have one.

Calling PL is useless, they will just direct you to VERIZON/SAMSUNG which will direct you back to PL. No one at PL knows what's going on.

Can anyone confirm they received the S2 and the email about the gift switch because of a business account?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000