Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

zachatx

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Just called PrizeLogic. My gear S2 has been changed to a Gear VR.

Submitted 3/11 approved 3/16 (delayed by an error on their side).

Just checked the terms and conditions, it clearly states equal or great value in the event of gift unavailable.

About to call them, then Verizon.

zachatx

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Just checked the terms and conditions, it clearly states equal or greater value in the event of gift unavailability.

fbebbs

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
So I had a label created since the 20th with a delivery date of the 21st. No movement has been made with the label created. Fedex confirmed that they did not receive any package from the shipper. Is anyone else in this boat?

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Just checked the terms and conditions, it clearly states equal or great value in the event of gift unavailable.

And you qualified for the S2...ordered online at VZW....not an enterprise account ect? If so, this is complete BS. I put in for one each...have one 1.4lb package being delivered tomorrow. My other submission which I'm assuming is the S2 is still pending.

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
These people at prize logic are idiots. I have called and confirmed I would be receiving Gear S2 on two separate occasions. After receiving a tracking number in fedex shipping manager at 1.4lbs, I pretty much knew I was getting the Gear VR, which will be delivered tomorrow. The rep at Prize logic again "confirmed that I would receive a Gear S2 and it would ship soon". I told her it had already shipped and appeared to be a Gear VR. After holding for her to talk to a supervisor magically she said I had been changed to a Gear VR because Samsung had no more Gear S2s. I told her that a Gear VR was not equal or greater value than a Gear S2 and she proceeded to argue with me that they were the same price and Samsung had the right to substitute. I gave up arguing with them and requested a supervisor call back. A call I'll never receive I'm sure.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
As I posted on s7 forum I called and was told my s2 order went to fulfillment 4/20 and I should receive by end of next week which is 8 weeks from my approval date. Submitted 3/10 approved 3/12.

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
These people at prize logic are idiots. I have called and confirmed I would be receiving Gear S2 on two separate occasions. After receiving a tracking number in fedex shipping manager at 1.4lbs, I pretty much knew I was getting the Gear VR, which will be delivered tomorrow. The rep at Prize logic again "confirmed that I would receive a Gear S2 and it would ship soon". I told her it had already shipped and appeared to be a Gear VR. After holding for her to talk to a supervisor magically she said I had been changed to a Gear VR because Samsung had no more Gear S2s. I told her that a Gear VR was not equal or greater value than a Gear S2 and she proceeded to argue with me that they were the same price and Samsung had the right to substitute. I gave up arguing with them and requested a supervisor call back. A call I'll never receive I'm sure.

That still worries me. I didn't attempt to coerce her to check further about the switch. Fulfillment is instructed to send me the watch. So the question in my mind is who makes the call to switch the gift. Fulfillment? I wouldn't think so if they got an order.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
If they are switching out people from s2s to VR you'd think they'd give you the option to opt out to get the credit instead since they did supposedly did offer that at one point! I'd rather take the credits for my S2s if they're switching to the VR. I have no use for the VR

xx_bishop_xx

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Out of nowhere today I received a text message from FedEx with basically just a tracking number and nothing else. I logged into my delivery manager (up until this point I had never had anything) and there is a package (1.4lbs) that shipped from Plainview, IN and due to be delivered by 4/28 by end of day. I can't imagine I have anything else coming FedEx Home Delivery. What is unusual to me is that it's shipping from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER", whatever that means.

*EDIT* Verizon/Gear S2/Submitted 3-9/Texas

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Out of nowhere today I received a text message from FedEx with basically just a tracking number and nothing else. I logged into my delivery manager (up until this point I had never had anything) and there is a package (1.4lbs) that shipped from Plainview, IN and due to be delivered by 4/28 by end of day. I can't imagine I have anything else coming FedEx Home Delivery. What is unusual to me is that it's shipping from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER", whatever that means.

That's the Samsung Promo. What did you request? S2 or VR?

xx_bishop_xx

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Out of nowhere today I received a text message from FedEx with basically just a tracking number and nothing else. I logged into my delivery manager (up until this point I had never had anything) and there is a package (1.4lbs) that shipped from Plainview, IN and due to be delivered by 4/28 by end of day. I can't imagine I have anything else coming FedEx Home Delivery. What is unusual to me is that it's shipping from "BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER", whatever that means. I would assume a distribution center of some sort. I did not receive an email regarding this.

*EDIT* Verizon/Gear S2/Submitted 3-9/Texas

xx_bishop_xx

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Keep an eye on this forum, because many are speculating that the 1.4lb package is a VR. We will know more in a couple of days while this weeks deliveries get delivered.

Copy that. Thanks for the heads-up. Is that what folks are anticipating? Ran short on the S2's? I figured that might happen; I even submitted reasonably early. *shrug*

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but there are SOME people here who submitted for S2's, never received confirmation that they would definitely get the S2, and are now getting the VR? I know there are others who were confirmed but switched, that is a different story. What I'm trying to say is that though you may have submitted for the S2, you may not have been approved and may very well be getting the VR as your rightful gift. Just my two sense, we need to keep this tally of those who were confirmed to receive S2's and received Vr's separate from those who submitted for S2's and are set to receive VR's. As I stated earlier, will hopefully be updating within the next two days as to whether or not FedEx stuck to their word on date of delivery, and if so, which gift I receive. Submitted for the S2 on 3/10, approved 3/12. Received confirmation email that I would be getting the S2, also had 4 PrizeLogic reps confirm my gift to be the S2. Good luck to all over this next week.

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
So I had a label created since the 20th with a delivery date of the 21st. No movement has been made with the label created. Fedex confirmed that they did not receive any package from the shipper. Is anyone else in this boat?

I had a label created that day too, but mine went out Friday and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Did you have a watch or vr? I got the watch.

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but there are SOME people here who submitted for S2's, never received confirmation that they would definitely get the S2, and are now getting the VR? I know there are others who were confirmed but switched, that is a different story. What I'm trying to say is that though you may have submitted for the S2, you may not have been approved and may very well be getting the VR as your rightful gift. Just my two sense, we need to keep this tally of those who were confirmed to receive S2's and received Vr's separate from those who submitted for S2's and are set to receive VR's. As I stated earlier, will hopefully be updating within the next two days as to whether or not FedEx stuck to their word on date of delivery, and if so, which gift I receive. Submitted for the S2 on 3/10, approved 3/12. Received confirmation email that I would be getting the S2, also had 4 PrizeLogic reps confirm my gift to be the S2. Good luck to all over this next week.

I am about to lose my mind. The package I mentioned earlier is for my mom. I apologize for misleading all of you, turns out I'm still just a sitting duck. And I'll probably end up having my confirmed S2 switched to a Gear VR like everyone else. This sucks.