Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
FranklinSBP- Which of the Approval emails did you receive? Did it specifically state that you were approved for a Gear S2? Just wondering for stats. When I spoke w/ PL yesterday, the reaction was the same...very matter of fact, 'we ran out, so we're sending VRs,'

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
FranklinSBP- Which of the Approval emails did you receive? Did it specifically state that you were approved for a Gear S2? Just wondering for stats. When I spoke w/ PL yesterday, the reaction was the same...very matter of fact, 'we ran out, so we're sending VRs,'

lol at your handle... I want to know if they ran out then did they have less inventory than they thought (irresponsible) or did they knowingly approve more watches than they had inventory of (even MORE irresponsible)? Also, can they put it on letterhead that the Gear S2 and VR are the same value so I can go to Verizon and buy a S2 for $100?

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site

I got approved for the S2. Then I got an email saying that I was getting a VR since I didn't purchase it online but I clearly did and my receipt said I did. I called them over 10 times in the last month and a half because of all the issues I've encountered and each and every time including yesterday, I was told I was getting the S2.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Submitted on 3/8. Confirmed the 1.4 LB package in FedEx is the VR through PrizeLogic. Called Samsung and they just talked to someone at PrizeLogic and told me the same thing, "We ran out of watches so we are sending you the VR". I don't understand how I submitted so early and got shafted out of the watch. Does anyone know of anything I/everyone else this happened to can do or are we SOL?

WOW!

a 3/8 submitter! getting a VR instead of a watch!

Franklin are you absolutely sure you bought from Verizon wireless.com that was the only place you could get the watch.

I guess we have to start a mob of dissatisfied.

Anyone know of any other forums and threads out there besides this one. I know there where a few redit posts over at r/verizon but due to the nature of redit they drop away quickly. But If you know of any send them back here to this forum to post an update

I'm going to contact Samsung and Verizon directly and point them here to this forum post and warn them of the small growing army of lost future customers and strongly suggest for them to start issuing "Reward eCertificates" for the value of the watches to those who qualify.

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
WOW!

a 3/8 submitter! getting a VR instead of a watch!

Franklin are you absolutely sure you bought from Verizon wireless.com that was the only place you could get the watch.

I guess we have to start a mob of dissatisfied.

Anyone know of any other forums and threads out there besides this one. I know there where a few redit posts over at r/verizon but due to the nature of redit they drop away quickly. But If you know of any send them back here to this forum to post an update

I'm going to contact Samsung and Verizon directly and point them here to this forum post and warn them of the small growing army of lost future customers and strongly suggest for them to start issuing "Reward eCertificates" for the value of the watches to those who qualify.

There are several threads on the verizon galaxy s7/s7 edge forum with similar complaints as well as the s7 forum here.

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Reposting this so those who have not listed stats can do so: TIME FOR A SPREADSHEET! I'm going to make a spreadsheet of our stats (most of us have posted already) to see where we actually stand. I'm interested in submission dates vs receipt of requested product. I won't have time until Saturday, but if everyone will stay with us in case of questions, I think an organized effort may be helpful. I'm going to track submission date, approval date, approval email date, which type of approval email you received, when you received shipment info (by PrizeL or by FDM), and finally....if you received anything and what it was. I'll upload it on here on Sun a.m. & we'll see what we have.

Submitted: 3/8
Resubmitted: 3/10 (Location Code was missing from Receipt)
Approved: 3/23 (For the VR but this was the glitch email saying I did not purchase it online)

Note that I was in contact with PrizeLogic via phone throughout all of this to make sure I was getting the watch and not the VR.

Had an estimated ship date of 4/1 if you want that as well.

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I literally just got off phone with prizelogic once again and I was told I will 100% be getting 2 gear S2s system shows it and as long as I never received an email stating other wise! I don't believe anything they say but I did press the lady about them running out and she says they have been telling some people that they have but if you received email approval staring your getting the s2 you will be getting the S2. The first come first serve was based on those approval emails for s2 if you got that your good your orders were filled with them just waiting on shipping

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I have been watching these threads for some time and have not posted yet. I am also upset that people who purchased and did their submission after me received their watches.

Here is my info: Submission date for 2 was: 3/11, approved 3/13 for both

First email received from Prize Logic was on 4/7 for both]

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved. We will ship your
Samsung Gear S2 to the mailing address you provided when registering
for this Offer. Please note that due to the high level of interest in the
Verizon Offer promotion, delivery times for Gear S2 are now extending into
May and potentially Summer 2016.

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number

When I check my status it has gone from shipping date pending, to being in route, then back to pending, then back to being in round and now shipping date is pending. I have never received an estimated ship date. I joined Fed Ex Deliver Manager and nothing is there.

I purchased a VR because my son wanted one and the watches are for me and my husband. I do not need another VR.

They did not go by their first come first serve promise. If there is enough of us we should go to the News stations like people do when they have problems like this. I know it is a free thing but one of the only reasons I purchased an S7 and did it over the phone was to get the watch. I will wait (even though it is not fair that people who purchased and submitted after I did received the watches) but I do not want or need 2 more VRs and it is not of equal or greater value.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If I get VRs instead of watches, I'm leaving Verizon, and never buying another Samsung Product. Between the four parties involved: Verizon, Samsung, Prize(il)logic, and whoever "BrightPoint" is, they have created the perfect storm...Call any or all of them, and you get one of two things, a pass the buck answer to call someone else or a lie...It is utter nonsense to believe that they do not know the EXACT status of everyone's order. It is obvious that Prizelogic, either by their own design, or as instructed by one of the other Entities involved, is making it up as they go along...Just look at the number of different stories that people on here have been told. I submitted on 3/8 or 9, and have been told numerous times by Prizelogic that I am approved for 3 Gear S2s, if I don't get them, Verizon will pay the price because they are the only ones that I have the power to "punish". The terms and conditions were changed time and again to suit the lies being told, that in and of itself is a poor business practice. Here were the terms when I purchased.

"Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR res. From 2/23/16 through 3/18/16, purchase a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from a participating retailer and follow the instructions to submit Offer Claim Form and purchase receipt online. Offer valid with device installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease, or outright purchase at full retail price. Purchase requirement varies, please check with your Carrier. Starting 2/21/16 at 1:00 AM PT Customers who have pre-ordered a Qualifying Device from a participating retailer may visit the Website and enter their valid e-mail address to receive a reminder e-mail on 3/4/16 once the Offer Redemption Period has begun. Must submit Offer Claim Form and valid purchase receipt online by 3/31/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Limit one (1) Offer claim per qualifying purchase"

I have read it many times, and I see nothing in there excluding people based on whether they bought online, in a Verizon store, or if they were a business customer or not...and there was nothing on Verizon's site about any added exclusions.

Last edited:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
It seems on April 7th they sent out a mass batch of approval emails stipulating although you have been approved you might have to wait until summer.......... from what I have gathered this mass batch of approval emails went out to everyone at one time, even if some had already received prior approval emails....

Apr 7th.......
...."We will ship your

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number."

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
One of my (many) concerns is that while I've watched the status update through all the stages up to shipping date pending on the status page, I have not received a single email that everyone else has been saying they got. The only emails I have were replies to me contacting them to confirm I was approved and what I was approved for. Other than that I have not received a single email from Samsung/Prize Logic.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what my subsequent phone call to PL stated. It seems that if you received the Approval email stating Gear S2 and shipments delayed until May, that we are supposed to be getting an S2. It looks like if you didn't get that specific email, they are opting to switch to VR. At least, that's how it looks today.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's exactly what my subsequent phone call to PL stated. It seems that if you received the Approval email stating Gear S2 and shipments delayed until May, that we are supposed to be getting an S2. It looks like if you didn't get that specific email, they are opting to switch to VR. At least, that's how it looks today.

No, I mean I haven't recieved ANY emails from them. Not even the "Congratulations you've been approved" email. I just saw the statuses progress on the check status page and emailed them a few times asking what I was confirmed for.

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I didn't get that email either...Only the one stating that I had a business acct (lies) and confirmation that that email was a glitch and I would still get the S2 (more lies)

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I know it is a free thing but one of the only reasons I purchased an S7 and did it over the phone was to get the watch. I will wait (even though it is not fair that people who purchased and submitted after I did received the watches) but I do not want or need 2 more VRs and it is not of equal or greater value.

I just want to point out that this has nothing to do with being a free thing..... this was a calculated decision for many people to upgrade or buy into this promo because of the monetary value coincided with making initial purchase..... more-so for those people that made this decision when they had no need to upgrade which is exactly why the promo was offered.... to entice people to purchase even if they didn't need to make a purchase and to PUSH the initial sales on their flagship device to inflate these numbers......... so verizon and samsung get their numbers at a calculated cost(promo)for their shareholders, dividends, etc... and we are left holding the empty bag 3 months later.... these issues have nothing to do with being a "free" item

Kasey Pierce

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Starting to feel the same woes. Finally showed up on my fedex manager last weekend is supposed to be here today, but the last movement it had was on 4/21 (leaving Indianapolis)

Its not coming today is it :(

Posted via the Android Central App

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
It seems on April 7th they sent out a mass batch of approval emails stipulating although you have been approved you might have to wait until summer.......... from what I have gathered this mass batch of approval emails went out to everyone at one time, even if some had already received prior approval emails....

Apr 7th.......
...."We will ship your

Once shipped, we will send you an email with your tracking number."

I'm wondering if this mass email only went out to the 35,000 who are actually approved for the S2. Starting to seem like those who are getting switched to the VR have received an email stating that they're being switched to the VR for whatever reason and those who have only received email approval of the S2 will still be getting an S2 just delayed

RockyMin

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I just want to point out that this has nothing to do with being a free thing..... this was a calculated decision for many people to upgrade or buy into this promo because of the monetary value coincided with making initial purchase..... more-so for those people that made this decision when they had no need to upgrade which is exactly why the promo was offered.... to entice people to purchase even if they didn't need to make a purchase and to PUSH the initial sales on their flagship device to inflate these numbers......... so verizon and samsung get their numbers at a calculated cost(promo)for their shareholders, dividends, etc... and we are left holding the empty bag 3 months later.... these issues have nothing to do with being a "free" item

Yes it does have it to do with it being a "free" item. Because if you just bought the phone to get the watch, you should have just bought the watch outright. It costs less than half of what the phone does.

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes it does have it to do with it being a "free" item. Because if you just bought the phone to get the watch, you should have just bought the watch outright. It costs less than half of what the phone does.

I can say I only upgraded due to the promo I was content with my S5s! If the watch wasn't offered I'd still be using my S5 today and wouldn't be sitting here posting on this forum about a S2. Not everyone are in a position to go out and buy a $300 watch that's exactly why people upgraded due you the promotion!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800