Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely! Specifically “Verizon Wirelesss.com” when it comes to the watch promotion. I is in no way the customers fault that PrizeLogic screwed up the fulfillment so badly.

When I bought my phones there was a first come first serve, limited quantity REBATE for a free Gear S2 smart watch.

Buy a phone get a watch if you were fast and got in line first.

The promotion was not for a “Your name is entered into a DRAWING for a free watch OR gear VR”

Regardless of what went wrong. It was Verizon Wireless who subcontracted Prizelogic. It might have been Prizelogics fault in not telling Verizon Wireless to stop the promotion when it had reached its quota that’s an internal conflict between Verizon Wireless and Prizelogic. Verizon Wireless was the point of sale thus ultimately misled consumers and must have the final blame placed at their feet.

actually the promo was through samsung... not verizon... verizon just promoted it.... fwiw

Rhodes156

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Update: label created 4/20. No movement until today. Delivery tomorrow. Ind to Ohio. Submitted for gear s2. Online order. Weight of pack .9 lbs. Submitted 3/16 aproved 3/18. Received delayed email confirmation for s2 4/7. Complete history. Hopes this helps some. Will confirm package tomorrow.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Update: label created 4/20. No movement until today. Delivery tomorrow. Ind to Ohio. Submitted for gear s2. Online order. Weight of pack .9 lbs. Submitted 3/16 aproved 3/18. Received delayed email confirmation for s2 4/7. Complete history. Hopes this helps some. Will confirm package tomorrow.

awesome! hopefully more to come!

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
You guys are going to hate me. Let me explain lol. Yesterday I posted that I had called FedEx and was told a package would arrive today weighing in at .9 pounds. I later updated saying that package was actually for my mother, and it was, it arrived today. After reading comments here and losing hope more and more, I figured I would reach out to FedEx one more time especially since one rep told me a package would arrive today, Tuesday the 26th and another rep said Wednesday the 27th. Just got off the phone, the rep was not allowed to give me tracking even after I explained that I hadn't received tracking in my email, but bottom line, he verified for me that there is a package coming from Plainfield, IN set to arrive tomorrow weighing in at .93 pounds. Will update with a picture tomorrow if I receive the watch. I am filled with anxiety and hope right now. I apologize again for misleading you all, hopefully tomorrow I have something to show for it.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely! Specifically “Verizon Wirelesss.com” when it comes to the watch promotion. I is in no way the customers fault that PrizeLogic screwed up the fulfillment so badly.

When I bought my phones there was a first come first serve, limited quantity rebate for a free Gear S2 smart watch.

Buy a phone get a watch if you were fast and got in line first.

The promotion was not for a “Your name is entered into a drawing for a free watch OR gear VR”

Regardless of what went wrong. It was Verizon Wireless who subcontracted Prizelogic. It might have been Prizelogics fault in not telling Verizon Wireless to stop the promotion when it had reached its quota that’s an internal conflict between Verizon Wireless and Prizelogic. Verizon Wireless was the point of sale thus ultimately misled consumers and must have the final blame placed at their feet.

I believe it was Samsung who had prizelogic doing the promo not Verizon. It was hosted at Verizon for the watch but the vrs were on other carriers promos. Verizon really needs to step up in the event things do go completely south so their name isn't tarnished among this mess. Me I went over to Verizon after switching from Sprint and fell in to the promotion since I had to upgrade anyway and managed to come out ahead with the bogo plus got 100 per line credit on bill for switching. The watch however would be a great thing for my wife and I.

Somewhere on planet earth!

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

This is what doesn't make sense.... how are they arbitrarily deciding who is getting switched to a VR..... this incoming package of .9lbs is the S2 you are fortunately receiving...... and they are still shipping S2s while now people are randomly being sent VRs as well....

to mirror previous post,...."The promotion was not for a “Your name is entered into a drawing for a free watch OR gear VR” ...........

this isn't reminiscent of a promotion but more of a lottery.... buy an S7 and have your receipt thrown in a barrel for a chance at a S2

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
actually the promo was through samsung... not verizon... verizon just promoted it.... fwiw

Naw man your thinking about it the wrong way. My phone says Verizon on the back. I bought a Verizon phone that happened to be a Samsung product.

I couldn’t have bought my phone from Samsung and gotten the free gear s2 promo.

Each of the carriers got a different promotion from Samsung.

Samsung dealt with Verizon. I dealt with Verizon thus the point of sale.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Naw man your thinking about it the wrong way. My phone says Verizon on the back. I bought a Verizon phone that happened to be a Samsung product.

understood, and I'm picking up what you are putting down, but the fact is it's a Samsung promotion, hopefully Verizon will help people out that aren't getting what they wanted, (not that i would put any bets on that) but it's clearly a Samsung promotion

hereforinfo

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
i've been reading this thread for a while. I'll put my info here if it helps anyone.
3-7-16 - Purchased 2 s7's via phone.
3-11-16 - received phones and submitted claim - one VR headset and 1 Gear S2
3-11-16 - Received thanks for your submission emails
3-23-16 - Received Submission has been approved email for VR Headset with ship date of May 8th
4-7-16 - Received Submission approved email for Gear S2 stating that will not ship unil May or Summer 2016
4-22-16 Label Created
4-26-16 Shipment email from FedEX and FedEx DM says I have a tracking number and package weighing .9 lb's will be here tomorrow on Wednesday April 27th.
Samsung promotion website has had May 8th ship date for VR Headset for a couple weeks now but the S2 still has a ship date of pending.
I'll post update tomorrow when received. Good luck to everyone, this is a very frustrating process.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I agree with that but I am not a lawyer but it seems VZW will be content just to pass the buck onto Prize logi or samsung out of convenience until they are met with a legal challenge or social pressure that calls out their culpability in the offer they promoted.... until that point they will continue to ignore customers unfortunately unless the backlash changes the scale of win/lose probabilities on their end.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit confused on the whole "business" email. I see nothing in the rules regarding businesses not being eligible for the Gear S2. Verizon knew nothing about it. I talked to two Verizon reps, and they couldn't even figure out what the "business" email was trying to say. Further, it certainly was not in the original rules that I read. On 3/23 after I received the business email, I emailed PL basically asking them what was up and got the following response.

"Hello, Thank you for the inquiry. I have looked over your claim and see you’re approved for the Gear S2. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you, Prizelogic support"

And, I have been told as late as Friday, April 22nd that I was approved for the S2...Now, today, they told me they ran out of watches and Samsung instructed them to send the VRs out.

As far as Verizon's part in all of this...I don't care if they ran the Promo or not...I/we are THEIR customer...they could do more for us then just pass the buck and say call Samsung. Samsung doesn't give two Sh!ts about us, but they may care if Verizon calls.

Sean John416

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I can open spreadsheet but can't figure out how to add my info. Can anyone help me?
Submitted on 3-10-16 for 2 gear S2s
Both were approved on 3-13-16
Received 2 emails stating I would receive S2s and could be delayed till summer.
Status has changed numerous times from pending shipping to enroute
Haven't received no email with delivery dates or tracking. Have been told numerous times by PL I will definitely be receiving 2 gear S2s

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Crappy response from Samsung Support over on Twitter:

We definitely understand where you are coming from, bcg416. In the case of your carrier, they offered either the Gear VR or the Gear S2. In their specific case, if one gift ran out, the other was substituted in. Had both gifts run out, then the promotion would have substituted in a different gift entirely. While we realize this wasn't the gift you would have prefered, there was a very limited number of the Gear S2s for this promotion so they moved to the other gift option. The Gear VR is the standard at which Samsung reserves the right to substitute for another item of equal or greater value in the event of item unavailability, since this was the common denominator of the promotion carrier wide. Let us know if theres anything else that we can do for you!

Apparently they need to read their own terms and conditions.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I just logged into my account just to share my extremely frustrating experiences with you guys as well.

3/13 Submitted for Gear S2
3/23 Received email stating that it was an in-store or online business purchase so they'll be sending me a Gear VR instead (even though it was purchased online)
3/23 Same day - called PL and they confirmed multiple times that they had no idea what I was talking about. Their systems showed that I was receiving a Gear S2. Estimated shipping date 4/18.

In between 3/23 - 4/18 I called in to PL at least 1-2x a week, often putting me on hold for 1 hour+ JUST to confirm. That hour flies by when you're at work. Every single time, they confirmed that I would be getting the S2. I've told them every time I already have a VR so I don't need another one.

4/18 Called PL again notifying them that I did not receive my tracking #. Rep confirmed that my item did not ship out yet. AGAIN, they confirmed that I would be receiving the S2 watch.

4/26 Today, called in asking why I still didn't receive my tracking # and the rep states that all of the sudden, my entire account shows nothing but Gear VR submissions. WTF??? She's saying that they've run of stock and that there is nothing she can do for me. I literally complained and bitched for an hour straight, obviously upset. I explained to her that every single I called in, the rep would confirm I would be receiving the S2. In the end, there was nothing that she could do for me and that they were getting ready to ship out another VR. I told them to keep it, even thought she did explain that they couldn't lol.

So I called Verizon to complain about their crappy promotion and the rep at Verizon is saying that I was still eligible for the S2 but they were currently out of stock. When they would receive more stock from Samsung, they would ship it out to me from Verizon DIRECTLY.

So far, this has been an incredibly stressful and frustrating experience. I'm looking at 3 different sources and they all saying different things.

Forums are a mess, people are receiving them most people are not.
PL is saying that I'm getting the VR
Verizon is saying that I'm getting the S2.

WHICH IS IT?!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Crappy response from Samsung Support over on Twitter:

We definitely understand where you are coming from, bcg416. In the case of your carrier, they offered either the Gear VR or the Gear S2. In their specific case, if one gift ran out, the other was substituted in. Had both gifts run out, then the promotion would have substituted in a different gift entirely. While we realize this wasn't the gift you would have prefered, there was a very limited number of the Gear S2s for this promotion so they moved to the other gift option. The Gear VR is the standard at which Samsung reserves the right to substitute for another item of equal or greater value in the event of item unavailability, since this was the common denominator of the promotion carrier wide. Let us know if theres anything else that we can do for you!

Apparently they need to read their own terms and conditions.
So THAT'S what they're going to run with then... That sure as heck isn't what I read on the T&C...