Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather just keep waiting for a 3g S2 than get a ecert for 2/3 the price of the watch that I can only use towards one that is Bluetooth only and completely defeats the purpose of why I wanted it in the first place (so I don't have to have my phone on me)

jjenkins2005

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather just keep waiting for a 3g S2 than get a ecert for 2/3 the price of the watch that I can only use towards one that is Bluetooth only and completely defeats the purpose of why I wanted it in the first place (so I don't have to have my phone on me)

This is the best option if you haven't been already been screwed... If you've already been sent a VR.. Your options are a bit slim..

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
So my watch randomly came today. no advance notice nothing on Fedex. but was drop off by fexed about 10 min ago. status never updated nor did i get any email about it being sent out
View attachment 225860

Good for you....but this is phucking bullschiz. I submitted three days before you and I'm still waiting for my watch. I'm starting to obsess over checking this forum and my status...and my fedex delivery manager which I don't think actually works...since my VR headset didn't show up there. I feel like Cartman.....But Mom....I want my Gear S2 Smartwatch with 3G connectivity and GPS!!!!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Good for you....but this is phucking bullschiz. I submitted three days before you and I'm still waiting for my watch. I'm starting to obsess over checking this forum and my status...and my fedex delivery manager which I don't think actually works...since my VR headset didn't show up there. I feel like Cartman.....But Mom....I want my Gear S2 Smartwatch with 3G connectivity and GPS!!!!

i wish i could like this post more than once ;)

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
From what i can tell with posts:

1) Apparently, after submission even though you selected the S2 the Samsung promotion team does an audit check on your order.

2) If you submitted and got the email that you were approved but getting the VR instead of the S2, you will be getting the VR irregardless of what PL will tell you when you call to confirm in their system. Not sure of how they came up with their rules (purchased on a business account) but during the audit, they switched you to the VR and hence the email.

3) If you have one item selected and FEDEX manager states 1.4-1.5lb you are getting the VR (again, don't put too much weight at what the PL agent tells you). If the weight is .9lb you are getting the S2 watch. (congratulations!).

Now the fun begins to those that expected the S2 but got sent either a VR they already have or have no use for. Let's see how "on board" and consistent the agents at PL will handle this frustrating switch.

I have no doubt when i receive my package tommorrow it will be the VR instead of the S2 and no doubt it will be fun to talk to PL again.

Last edited:

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Watch came today! Submitted 3/10, approved 3/12. All my info is on the spread sheet. I will stay with you guys to see the rest of this through. Good luck to all! Also side note: PL still says the watch is in fulfillment, and the status page remains at pending. Never received email for tracking, just called FedEx once a week until they told me something.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Watch came today! Submitted 3/10, approved 3/12. All my info is on the spread sheet. I will stay with you guys to see the rest of this through. Good luck to all! Also side note: PL still says the watch is in fulfillment, and the status page remains at pending. Never received email for tracking, just called FedEx once a week until they told me something.

Just curious if you received any confirmation email before Apr 7 batch was sent? Did your package show up in FedEx Del Manager at all? .9lbs?

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Received email that said "thanks for your submission" then another that said "approved, will ship within 4-6 weeks" then the one on April 7th. Meanwhile nothing ever showed up in FedEx Del manager

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got off the phone with PL. The new story I was given is that they are (supposedly) working on a solution to this problem. She said at 6pm last night they put a "rule" (LMFAO) in place that if you are scheduled for supervisor to call you, they had to return the call within 24 hours. She also said they are trying to come up with something that will make everyone happy and keep us as customers. Then she went on to say that they didn't expect this large of a response to the promo. Really???

If anyone actually gets a call back, please let us know..thanks!

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Are they requiring signatures when delivered?
I'm I'm the same boat, submitted 3/9 approved as of 3/11 for S2, Still waiting no fedex or anything. Phone line has told me 6x I'm for sure getting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol