Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

HJStrawberry

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
OK I am freaking out reading all the posts. Here's my story:
Submitted March 15, got email thanking for submission.
March 25 Submission approved email, stating only eligible for VR due to business account, called PL, they said it was a mistake, was def getting S2
Updated website said ship date April 30
April 19, check status suddenly says submission under review, called PL, they said again a mistake, still def getting S2 ship april 30
april 27, get another email at 645p saying submission approved only eligible for VR due to business account, tried to call, but they close at 7

This is RIDICULOUS, last Wed I called they said gee youve called quite a few times, well WTF do you expect when this whole thing is so messed up? I Have also the Fedex ship manager, nothing yet.

DrDre24

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally got my approval email and as a ton of you also got, I received the business account only eligible for the VR bs email. I'm done with prizelogic either Verizon can fulfill the promised S2 watch or they can lose a customer.

I got the same email today. So I decided to called Prize logic about this issue. The person I spoke to apologized for the confusion and saw in her notes that I'm suppose to be receiving the S2. She said she was going to expedite the issue to her manager and I would be receiving a phone call from her manager within the next 24 hours... I'll keep you posted

Posted via the Android Central App

HJStrawberry

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I sent a firm email to the PL Midwest account manager and also followed that by calling Verizon wireless to cover all my bases. Verizon 1800 number said they have an entire dept to deal with this and will be able to assist me, so we'll see.

I am done dealing with plain old PL support telling me I will surely get the watch when it seems anyone else who has been told that received the Gear VR anyways.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I got the same email today. So I decided to called Prize logic about this issue. The person I spoke to apologized for the confusion and saw in her notes that I'm suppose to be receiving the S2. She said she was going to expedite the issue to her manager and I would be receiving a phone call from her manager within the next 24 hours... I'll keep you posted

wow- didn't realize they were still sending out the "business account invalid" emails at this point in the game.....

rpkincer

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea what day I submitted. It was very early on. Whatever day VZW customers received S7 pre-orders. I ordered online at vzw website. I requested the S2. I've had the approved, shipment pending status for about 2 to 3 weeks (maybe longer). I got the email from PL tonight saying I was only eligible for VR. Planning on calling them tomorrow. This is awful.

Inread about people calling VZW and they seem to be sympathetic. However, I'm not sure there's much they can do. Has anyone called Samsung?

SpeakinOutofSchool

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site

Did you order the S7 and select the in store pickup option? Just wondering if that triggered a location code for a store vs. online that has resulted in the in-store/business account email.

giannifiore7

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but still involving the S2, I love mine, got it today. But I've been reading around the web about the bands breaking where the screws are. Has anyone else heard of this that can confirm? Obviously only time will tell in my case, but I would hate for my band to suddenly break one day like some people are saying theirs have...

bcg416

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Inread about people calling VZW and they seem to be sympathetic. However, I'm not sure there's much they can do. Has anyone called Samsung?

I called Samsung 4 or 5 times over the last couple of days. Tweeted back and forth with Samsung USA and Samsung Support. I also emailed numerous departments within Samsung USA. Hell, I was even banned from the thread going on over at Verizon community forums for saying I liked the gif I posted earlier in this thread. I got a call back from Samsung this morning with a survey asking how I thought the service I received was....haha, wrong person to ask. They got unsatisfied on all of the questions lol. Shortly after that, I got a call from Samsung customer relations informing me that they were going to offer the $200 e cert and to call Prize Logic and reference it. I guess they got tired of hearing from me, lol. Still haven't got the gift certificate, but I will call prize logic and listen to that god forsaken hold music until I do.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Even with the $200 e-card I don't think you can get the 3g one anyways can you? That has to come from Verizon doesn't it? The 3g is the whole reason we picked S2s. So we could be accessible without having to have our phones on us. Kind of defeats the purpose for us if we can only get as far away as our Bluetooth reaches...

HJStrawberry

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Verizon 1800 rep was very familiar with this and told me they have an entire department to deal with this and that they CAN have something to do with it, Rep told me they will make sure I get my watch. Stay tuned.

KYman37

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Got the same email as some of you today...about getting the phone in store, or business account. I just got off the phone with prizelogic, and they put me down for a supervisor to call me. Have any of you received a call back from a supervisor? What number did you use to contact Verizon?

Matt Nacarato

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't add the watch to my account. They told me it was cause my number still had unlimited data and that i would have to change my plan and take off unlimited data and switch to plan that has a data limit. or pay 35$ a month and set up a new plan for the phone to be on its own data.

And this is what the status page is showing
2PXbXV8.png

Attachments

• 26Gmtlf.png
    26Gmtlf.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Got the same email as some of you today...about getting the phone in store, or business account. I just got off the phone with prizelogic, and they put me down for a supervisor to call me. Have any of you received a call back from a supervisor? What number did you use to contact Verizon?

I am still waiting on a call-back, it's been about 26 hours. I got impatient and emailed info@prizelogic.com a few hours ago to put my complaint in writing since I don't know what the rep conveyed if much of anything to my account notes. I'm debating about calling verizon but maybe I should take it a step at a time. Meanwhile I am keeping my VR sealed. I don't suppose they will take it back as a swap.

GeorgeCorazzini

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Slightly off topic, but still involving the S2, I love mine, got it today. But I've been reading around the web about the bands breaking where the screws are. Has anyone else heard of this that can confirm? Obviously only time will tell in my case, but I would hate for my band to suddenly break one day like some people are saying theirs have...

I added full coverage through my verizon account in case anything happens to mine. I've got several lines with verizon all of which have insurance and tech support and all the options. Although there would be a deductible, it would not be as much as buying a new watch. Just food for thought. :)

me2kelly74

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I just received VR gear instead of the s2 watch. The VR gear is a joke, it slowed my s7e down and it started freezing up. I never buy another samsung product again

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with prizelogic and they said they talked to their supervisor after putting me on hold and assured me they are not out of the watches and that I am getting a watch regardless of what the approval email said, so now if/when I get a VR in the mail I'll be taking it unopened to a Verizon store and requesting my rightful gift as I was promised not just from Samsung Verizon but from a phone call to Prizelogic as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad