Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who's been approved for the S2 and still showing ship date pending and have nothing in fedex delivery manager?

ME!! I figured I'd just wait a few days before calling again.. especially since people have been getting switched.. submitted 3/10

Posted via the Android Central App

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Well, the 3 POS VRs just arrived on my doorstep...make or break time for Verizon, Samsung/Prizelogic. I have some heavy equipment out in the plant, I have a good mind to flatten them, and ship them back...lol For me, they are completely useless...

cpsheba at this point in for a dime in for a dollar, you may as well keep up the fight until you get 3 $200 ecertificates from PL to use at samsung.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Just to be clear because it's hard to remember going through all the posts... are any people receiving VRs when approved for watch and did NOT get an email about switching to VR (in-store/business reason)? I got the email in march when PL then said it was a mistake. Trying to establish how predictable this is and that it isn't an out of stock issue.

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Got off the phone with vzw and pl.
Escalated to supervisor at pl. Still nothing. Pl claimed that Samsung audited and denied me. I insisted on reason and was on hold again. Supervisor escalated one level higher and got approved for swap. We'll send back VR and should get s2 within two (2!) month. We shall see....
All in all, 2h on the phone...

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
cpsheba at this point in for a dime in for a dollar, you may as well keep up the fight until you get 3 $200 ecertificates from PL to use at samsung.

Completely ridiculous, it appears that most people that submitted right away are the ones getting shafted on the watches. Since Verizon is the only entity I can punish, I will. I pay them approximately 1,500.00 per month, so I will take it away...if they don't make it right. Could I buy the watches? Yes. But that is not the point...they completely F'd people on this.

The proverbial room full of monkeys eventually typing out Hamlet could have done a better job with this Promo.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Escalated to supervisor at pl. Still nothing. Pl claimed that Samsung audited and denied me. I insisted on reason and was on hold again. Supervisor escalated one level higher and got approved for swap. We'll send back VR and should get s2 within two (2!) month. We shall see....

good luck with that, lol.... what a mess! What they tell you on the phone doesn't matter to them, they will deny, refuse or just flat out lie and 2 months from now they will say we never told you that, sorry. Leaving you with no recourse, their track record is noteworthy as far as misinformation or being purposely mislead goes.

Probably better trying to get the ecredit at this point. and the ecredit is a crap shoot, it all depends on who you get on the phone, some reps state they know nothing about ecredit or do not have that capability, other reps state according to our terms and cond we can substitute your item and then transfer you and hang up when you try to argue that issue or pass the buck and say that is a decision made by Brightpoint from Samsung directive that they can not change at thier end....... People are now being told by PL that they have opened a new tier level to deal with the issues and manager will call back in 24hrs to correct issues but have not heard of 1 person getting a call back.... they are playing a game of charades at each level... pass the buck and blame the other party......

Last edited:

jamilkb

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site

I dunno...based on their track record...you might be out of a VR AND not get any S2's... Don't think I'd trust them to hold up their end of that deal at all...

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear because it's hard to remember going through all the posts... are any people receiving VRs when approved for watch and did NOT get an email about switching to VR (in-store/business reason)? I got the email in march when PL then said it was a mistake. Trying to establish how predictable this is and that it isn't an out of stock issue.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will ever establish anything with certainty. There have been too many lies told by Prizelogic...many of which, I believe were at Samsung's direction. Samsung tells you that it was all PLs fault so they are not responsible...lmfao. PL tells you Samsung told them what to do. I mean, just google Samsung Prizelogic and scam...lol. If it doesn't benefit Samsung in some way to keep using them, why do they?

I am going to email that law group that I mentioned in another post and see what they have (if anything) to say. That is, if others are interested.

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Plus,I live about 3 miles away from PL headquarters lol. Maybe I should swing by hahaha

"Yes, I'm here to pick up my free Gear S2's. I was told by someone over the phone I could come pick it up." (Since apparently not a single person in that building talks to each other and they all tell you different things they wouldn't know if you were lying or not... lol)

GeorgeCorazzini

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I just received VR gear instead of the s2 watch. The VR gear is a joke, it slowed my s7e down and it started freezing up. I never buy another samsung product again

They are working on making people happy that received the VR rather than the S2. Like I posted a while back, *and got a load of [language removed by mod] over it from others* they still have the watches in Stock, as you will see by reading back in this forum. Contact prize logic and ask for a supervisor or manager who will call you back and work on making you happy. You might be sent a Samsung gift card for 200$ and get to keep the VR also. Better than nothing, right? ;)

Last edited:

GeorgeCorazzini

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
So here's a question. If you get a VR instead of the S2 you were expecting, can you use the $200 Samsung credit to use towards a Bluetooth S2 and then take both the VR and Bluetooth S2 to exchange for a 3G S2?? I still have no idea what's going to show up at my door step (if anything ever does...) so one of you that's in talks with Verizon (if they end up not able to give you the watch) might ask that.

The promotion was run by samsung, not your carrier. I've been through what others are going through now, waiting and hearing all sorts of bs stories. I doubt your carrier (mine is Verizon) will make that swap. The dollar amount in total free gifts total 300$ or close to it. I received my watch a few days ago, but if I got the VR AND a 200$ gift card, I would have been happy as a clam. After all, when in life do we ever get anything "free"? I'll be purchasing the VR come payday. Oh the 200$ gift card, you could use it towards a new S2, and I have heard from friends that they were sold the S2 for 100$ or 200$ depending on which friend I talk with. So you could make out better than those of us that received the watch and nothing else. Good luck, I know how frustrating this has been, I'm just one of the few that was blessed with the watch, it's quite a cool toy, very well built. Keep after them and you'll make out better than some have.

jwalk87

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Same boat. (purchased 02/23 and delivered 3/9-Verizon) Submitted 3/9. Samsung site approval 3/16. PL email approval on 4/7 AND 4/18 lol Back and forth from in route to pending over the past 3 weeks. The fulfillment side of this promotion is a complete joke. Still waiting patiently to see if I receive both of my watches.

Same exact stats as you.

GeorgeCorazzini

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone who's been approved for the S2 and still showing ship date pending and have nothing in fedex delivery manager?

Don't count on accuracy of the fedex info, mine showed up just a couple days after I called prize logic and I was very polite, the guy I spoke with was more than helpful and promised me it would be here very soon to watch for it and walla! It showed up like two or three days later.

Last edited:

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, here is the scoop. I called PL, and the representative put me on hold and I waited for the Tier 1 support person. He told me that despite what has been told, they are NOT OUT of S2s. The excuse for being switched over to the VR was that the location code was not one provided by Verizon and Samsung...OMG, I could not believe that when he said it, and I told him as much. I told him that I hoped the call was recorded so that the powers that be could hear me say that no one believes that excuse, and that was just something Verizon and Samsung cooked up because they are getting a lot of calls. I also told him that everyone bought the phones in good faith, and no where was a LIST OF LOCATION codes provided to the consumer. Further, when was all this decided? I was told 20 times via phone, and email that I was getting S2s. I always preface those type statements with "I'm not directing this at you personally", because, in truth, they are being told what to say, and it is not that particular persons fault.

So, as it is, he offered to send my case to a "higher" department for review, or send me three (3) 200.00 e-certificates for Samsung. I opted for the latter, because, I don't trust PL. I just feel that weeks from now, I would be fighting the same battle again. BTW, I get to keep the VRs..lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20