Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
OK, here is the scoop. I called PL, and the representative put me on hold and I waited for the Tier 1 support person. He told me that despite what has been told, they are NOT OUT of S2s. The excuse for being switched over to the VR was that the location code was not one provided by Verizon and Samsung...OMG, I could not believe that when he said it, and I told him as much. I told him that I hoped the call was recorded so that the powers that be could hear me say that no one believes that excuse, and that was just something Verizon and Samsung cooked up because they are getting a lot of calls. I also told him that everyone bought the phones in good faith, and no where was a LIST OF LOCATION codes provided to the consumer. Further, when was all this decided? I was told 20 times via phone, and email that I was getting S2s. I always preface those type statements with "I'm not directing this at you personally", because, in truth, they are being told what to say, and it is not that particular persons fault.

So, as it is, he offered to send my case to a "higher" department for review, or send me three (3) 200.00 e-certificates for Samsung. I opted for the latter, because, I don't trust PL. I just feel that weeks from now, I would be fighting the same battle again. BTW, I get to keep the VRs..lol

Phone number? My VR should be here today. I'd like the same resolution albeit minus the extra $400.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

GeorgeCorazzini

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I finally received my first ever email from PL that was not a response to an email I sent and it's the effing "in-store or business purchase" email... I'm pissed right now. I did NOT buy these in stores nor do I have a business account...

Are you with VZW? I know they are involved with all this mess and are working to make sure customers are happy. Call prizelogic back ask for supervisor or manager and tell them about it. Being polite on phone will go a long way too. The rules I saw (before they changed them) said online purchase on a monthly payment plan only, no store purchases and no payment in full purchases, it had to be on a 24 month payment plan. That was with verizon, my carrier. Good luck with it, I know you've been waiting a long time like I did.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
OK, here is the scoop. I called PL, and the representative put me on hold and I waited for the Tier 1 support person. He told me that despite what has been told, they are NOT OUT of S2s. The excuse for being switched over to the VR was that the location code was not one provided by Verizon and Samsung...OMG, I could not believe that when he said it, and I told him as much. I told him that I hoped the call was recorded so that the powers that be could hear me say that no one believes that excuse, and that was just something Verizon and Samsung cooked up because they are getting a lot of calls. I also told him that everyone bought the phones in good faith, and no where was a LIST OF LOCATION codes provided to the consumer. Further, when was all this decided? I was told 20 times via phone, and email that I was getting S2s. I always preface those type statements with "I'm not directing this at you personally", because, in truth, they are being told what to say, and it is not that particular persons fault.

So, as it is, he offered to send my case to a "higher" department for review, or send me three (3) 200.00 e-certificates for Samsung. I opted for the latter, because, I don't trust PL. I just feel that weeks from now, I would be fighting the same battle again. BTW, I get to keep the VRs..lol

Let us know when you get codes and you are able to use them. Don't wait until the end of May since there have been reports that the codes did not work.

GeorgeCorazzini

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
To everyone that got the "in store and/or business" email, would you suggest contacting Verizon or PL about this first? I don't even know which direction to go to get this settled. I already submitted an email to PL about it just so there's physical documentation of my complaint.

Call them, their emails take over a week to be read and over two to be answered.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you with VZW? I know they are involved with all this mess and are working to make sure customers are happy. Call prizelogic back ask for supervisor or manager and tell them about it. Being polite on phone will go a long way too. The rules I saw (before they changed them) said online purchase on a monthly payment plan only, no store purchases and no payment in full purchases, it had to be on a 24 monthly payment plam. That was with verizon, my carrier. Good luck with it, I know you've been waiting a long time like I did.

Yeah, I have Verizon and met all requirements when I ordered.

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if those of us who haven't called to ***** will ever receive anything. I'm patiently waiting for my S2 to ship. I've never received any correspondence otherwise that says I'm not getting an S2. My submission for the VR was processed and filled and I received it Monday. I was a 3/12 submitter, ordered on VZW website with 24 month payments...approved and got 4/7 email about May or Summer 2016. I'm going to continue to patiently wait for my S2 to arrive.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, also was swapped and received the VR andcalled and they immediately set up a supervisor to call me back within 24hrs so looks like this will be their go foward procedure to deal with this mess.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Phone number? My VR should be here today. I'd like the same resolution albeit minus the extra $400.

I started with Samsung...waste of time...after "checking with the supervisor" they placed all blame on PL, and transferred me to the same number we have all been calling. (888.795.6442) The initial rep there asked if I would like to hold for a supervisor...waited about 10 more minutes and one came on the line. He said I would get the Certs in about an hour.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I started with Samsung...waste of time...after "checking with the supervisor" they placed all blame on PL, and transferred me to the same number we have all been calling. (888.795.6442) The initial rep there asked if I would like to hold for a supervisor...waited about 10 more minutes and one came on the line. He said I would get the Certs in about an hour.

Let me know, all of us know, if you do, aye? Then I'll give them a call as well.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just did a online chat with Verizon (since I know a copy of the transcript gets emailed to me) and got them to confirm both that I ordered online and that I have a consumer account, not a business account.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if those of us who haven't called to ***** will ever receive anything. I'm patiently waiting for my S2 to ship. I've never received any correspondence otherwise that says I'm not getting an S2. My submission for the VR was processed and filled and I received it Monday. I was a 3/12 submitter, ordered on VZW website with 24 month payments...approved and got 4/7 email about May or Summer 2016. I'm going to continue to patiently wait for my S2 to arrive.

I would definitely call..I highly doubt you will get any satisfaction without a phone call. I honestly believe, they are just making sh!t up as they go along...

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
P.S. I'm on the phone with Verizon right now. I called a random number outside of the regular customer service.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, I THOUGHT that you get transcripts from vzw chats. Hasnt hit my inbox though. I took a picture of where the rep said "You are correct, You ordered the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge online and this is a consumer account not a business account."

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Now on a three way call between myself, Verizon and Samsung. Trying to stay polite.

Here's some confused cuteness for you.

Attachments

• 2409.jpg
    2409.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 28

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Well hell froze over today. Pre-ordered at 8am day of opening pre-orders and just now received the Gear VR via fedex. I didn't even know they had shipping it. The site still said estimated ship date of 4/1. Oh well.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like my Verizon rep on the phone is hammering Samsung. She came back and told me they'll have a resolution for me....we will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy