Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
My location code was/is E247001

I ordered at the VerizonWireless.com the night the preorderer was available.

I have not gotten any e-mail about any "switched to VR" policy.

I wonder what Ill get! if I ever get.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just for S&Gs, I chatted with Verizon regarding the location code and what it meant. Mine was P166701. The rep looked it up and told me that is the code for the National Processing Center for Verizon. She further explained that the location code is traditionally the location/region that the order was sent out of, and it helps them narrow down the order because the order numbers are recycled. Further proof, at least to me, that the location code excuse is complete BS.

Like I told the the PL supervisor..there was absolutely nothing given to the consumer that indicated that certain "location codes" would only be eligible for the VR. There were no exclusions in the T&Cs based on whether you had a business account, personal account or whatnot. I also told him that all the finger pointing, and non-truths told by Verizon, Samsung and PL only made a bad situation worse.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm gonna throw in the towel and try and sell the damn thing for a few bucks and move on with my life.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Got off phone with PL. First off, they had no record of me calling tuesday night to say I got the VR, so I never would have got the call-back! Now she promises in 24 hours and they work 8am to 12am weekdays and some time on the weekends. Anyway she said she heard in office yesterday about all these location code rejects due to a "random" audit from Samsung. They only recently discovered VRs got shipped and that Samsung switched them. Their computer still says I bought from verizon wireless online (even though it was the comcast portal but the URL is preorder.verizonwireless.com anyway). She also heard about these ecerts and I of course need to wait for supervisor callback. She said definitely they will not take back the VR at this point so I might as well open it and use it. It also sounds like they will not ship me an S2. I think the best I can hope for is some other form of compensation. So I'm promised a callback in 24 hours most likely tomorrow.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My location code was/is E247001

I ordered at the VerizonWireless.com the night the preorderer was available.

I have not gotten any e-mail about any "switched to VR" policy.

I wonder what Ill get! if I ever get.
I don't remember my code off hand but I thought it started with an E as well.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Just for S&Gs, I chatted with Verizon regarding the location code and what it meant. Mine was P166701. The rep looked it up and told me that is the code for the National Processing Center for Verizon. She further explained that the location code is traditionally the location/region that the order was sent out of, and it helps them narrow down the order because the order numbers are recycled. Further proof, at least to me, that the location code excuse is complete BS.

Like I told the the PL supervisor..there was absolutely nothing given to the consumer that indicated that certain "location codes" would only be eligible for the VR. There were no exclusions in the T&Cs based on whether you had a business account, personal account or whatnot. I also told him that all the finger pointing, and non-truths told by Verizon, Samsung and PL only made a bad situation worse.

the location code also tells them if it was an online order or a store order, being that only online/phone orders are eligible for the s2 it makes a difference, and there is no reason they would of pointed that out to you in the terms and conditions... or made you being the consumer aware of it, you didn't need to be aware of it

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
also i'm fairly certain that when uploading your image for the submission it said something like "be sure your location code is clearly visible before submitting"

FranklinSBP

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
also i'm fairly certain that when uploading your image for the submission it said something like "be sure your location code is clearly visible before submitting"

At first it did not. I had to resubmit cause it wasn't on my first receipt. I was told it was shown on the opening page before you started putting information in, but on the page where you upload your receipt it said nothing about a location code. All it mentioned was that the names much match.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
At first it did not. I had to resubmit cause it wasn't on my first receipt. I was told it was shown on the opening page before you started putting information in, but on the page where you upload your receipt it said nothing about a location code. All it mentioned was that the names much match.

it wasn't on the receipt that came with your phone in the shipping box? thats weird.... also i submitted on the 9th... so i'm not sure how soon before me you got your phone but it was there when i submitted... not that it matters....

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

i was just trying to point out it was mentioned thats all...., but like i said it was for their use... no reason to disclose it to anyone... again.. ntim

chrimen

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I submitted my online order confirmation which clearly states at the top right hand cornet Internet Order Number and a location code starting as D.

I did not submit the receipt that came with the phone. I still got the not eligible business account, but then I got the 4/7 Gear S2 delayed email.
Order still pending..

Sector4208

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
PL supervisor called me back. Just over 24 hours but still at least got a call back. I was told I would be emailed a $200 Samsung voucher in 24 to 48 hours. Was told it could not be given over the phone and had to be emailed. Just have to wait and see......

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
PL supervisor called me back. Just over 24 hours but still at least got a call back. I was told I would be emailed a $200 Samsung voucher in 24 to 48 hours. Was told it could not be given over the phone and had to be emailed. Just have to wait and see......

I think you're the first person I've seen on here who actually had a supervisor call

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I submitted my online order confirmation which clearly states at the top right hand cornet Internet Order Number and a location code starting as D.

I did not submit the receipt that came with the phone. I still got the not eligible business account, but then I got the 4/7 Gear S2 delayed email.
Order still pending..

I submitted the receipt that came with the phones and STILL got the not eligible business account email... TODAY...

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
the location code also tells them if it was an online order or a store order, being that only online/phone orders are eligible for the s2 it makes a difference, and there is no reason they would of pointed that out to you in the terms and conditions... or made you being the consumer aware of it, you didn't need to be aware of it

If they are going to deny claims based on some random code...then they better make people aware of it...I met all of their criteria when I purchased the phones...I got switched to the VR 7+ weeks later, at last moment "supposedly" because of a location code. According to the PL Supervisor, true or not, they have a list of codes. Personally, I believe they may have a list now...but not in the beginning of the promo. They could have easily put that list in the T&Cs and avoided any confusion. One list eligible for watches and one for VRs.

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If they are going to deny claims based on some random code...then they better make people aware of it...I met all of their criteria when I purchased the phones...I got switched to the VR 8+ weeks later, at last moment "supposedly" because of a location code. According to the PL Supervisor, true or not, they have a list of codes. Personally, I believe they may have a list now...but not in the beginning of the promo. They could have easily put that list in the T&Cs and avoided any confusion. One list eligible for watches and one for VRs.

Regardless, that should have been addressed BEFORE making all of our claim statuses "Submission approved, Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
If they are going to deny claims based on some random code...then they better make people aware of it...I met all of their criteria when I purchased the phones...I got switched to the VR 8+ weeks later, at last moment "supposedly" because of a location code. According to the PL Supervisor, true or not, they have a list of codes. Personally, I believe they may have a list now...but not in the beginning of the promo. They could have easily put that list in the T&Cs and avoided any confusion. One list eligible for watches and one for VRs.

it's pretty simple.. if you ordered online or by phone you were eligible for either if you ordered in store only the vr... i don't know how a list would of made it easier except to alter it before submitting ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae