Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I called VZW on Tuesday night and spoke to a very nice rep because I had 2 issues one was with the 2 S2 submissions that I did on 3/11 that are still pending. He tried to get through to PL but I think it was too late at night so he said he would call me in the morning (never happened), waited for a call for 2 days. I called again yesterday night and got a vzw supervisor who told me he has been dealing with this issue some. He called PL and this is what they said, that I would definitely be getting my 2 S2's, they are not out of them but it may take another 4 weeks. They did not expect the demand that they had (well then when they ran out they should never had listed it again). So I told the VZW rep If I get the watches great, but it still was not fair that I submitted for the watches before many people who already received them and people who submitted before me and still did not receive them and 4 weeks more is a long time. He agreed that this was not fair but nothing he can do at this moment.

The only thing I have going for me is I dont trust people and I had a problem when I did my pre-order and had to redo the pre-order and insisted on talking to a supervisor over the phone to do the pre-order the second time. I thought the first come first serve for the watches went by the pre-order date and I was upset I had to redo my order so the date was 2 days later (still preordered). She knew I was upset so she sent me an email back on 3/7 stating that as long as I submit the paperwork by the deadline that I would receive the S2''s. Both VZW reps I spoke to said they will have to honor that if I never receive them. Lets hope they come before 4 more weeks.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I really hope I'm able to get somewhere without calling. I just don't have time (nor the desire) to sit on the phone for hours because of their screw up...

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
**Could someone please post the steps exactly of how they received their $200 certificates?**
Because I've called PL, spoken to 2 supervisors, and they refused to do anything stating my location code indicated I purchased in store, WHICH I DID NOT. On a third call Verizon called PL supervisor with me on the line to TELL them my location code was correct and they STILL wouldn't do anything for me. I have spent 4 hrs on the phone last night alone, nevermind the countless calls in the wks prior. I feel like I need to stand up for myself :-(

Really, in my case there was no trick to it. I called and was given the 24 hr call back routine, since I had been told that before, and it didn't happen I called back and the rep said she would see if a supervisor was available. I explained the entire situation AGAIN, and he offered to send my case for review or give the eCerts right away. As I really do not trust PL at this point I took the eCerts. But, I will say this, get the person you are talking to on your side, as everyone, when they feel personally attacked, goes on the defensive. I always preface my conversations "I'm not directing this at you personally", because, in truth, they are being told what to say, and it is not that particular persons fault. You know, as the old saying goes, you catch more flies with Honey than you do with Vinegar.

Also, the email that I received the eCerts from was SamsungPrizeLogicSupport@programheadqtrs.net It does have a DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL disclaimer though.

Good Luck Everyone!

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just an FYI- received info from FedEx manager that label was created for my 3rd S2 last night... so for them to be telling people they are out of S2's is just empty rhetoric. I did call PL yesterday and got the run around but it had nothing to do with this showing up because I called in late afternoon and the label shows created at 3pm....The kicker here is my third submission wasn't done until 3/18 and people that pre-ordered in Feb and submitted on 3/9 and 3/10 getting jacked.

briandor

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI- received info from FedEx manager that label was created for my 3rd S2 last night... so for them to be telling people they are out of S2's is just empty rhetoric. I did call PL yesterday and got the run around but it had nothing to do with this showing up because I called in late afternoon and the label shows created at 3pm....The kicker here is my third submission wasn't done until 3/18 and people that pre-ordered in Feb and submitted on 3/9 and 3/10 getting jacked.
I'll second that. They definitely aren't out of S2s. I submitted on 3/16 and received the watch yesterday. It really sounds like something got lost in their system and a whole group of S2s that was processed at PrizeLogic never made it to BrightPoint for fulfillment.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

The Supervisor I talked to told me that they absolutely have NOT run out of S2s, and they do not know why people are being told that they have. This is where I don't understand why they are still telling people it may be summer before they get their watch, I would be highly skeptical, as their track record with the truth has been very poor.

Murderland

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
got my shipment information today on fedex delivery manager

it's .9 lbs

is it the S2 or VR?

-edit-

i see the label says Brightpoint C/O Time Warner

no wonder all the deliveries are funky

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I know this sounds crazy but I am starting to think that the biggest problem is with the people who submitted 3/8, 3/9, 3/10 and 3/11 (the day the S7 officially came out). Maybe they were bombarded with submissions and some of us just got lost somewhere in the shuffle. I mean I have never got an estimated ship date, only one email on 4/7 stating that I am approved and it can be shipped through the summer.

I find it hard to believe that with all these complaints and phone calls that people who submitted after us are still getting the watches first. Nobody at Samsung, PL or even VZW think this is such a big deal. This is so unfair and makes me question why we are not getting it yet and if we will ever get it.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow, no hold for me at all. I called Prize Logic and immediately got someone. I told them about the email I got and they said (and I know I can only take the following as a grain of salt) that many people got that email erroneously and that they still show me getting S2's... We'll see though...

Murderland

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
could it have anything to do with putting in your information early? I remember a post where verizon told someone to go to the samsungpromotions website and submit their basic information even if they hadn't gotten their phone yet to hold their place in line.

which could explain why people are getting their watches quicker than others

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I know this sounds crazy but I am starting to think that the biggest problem is with the people who submitted 3/8, 3/9, 3/10 and 3/11 (the day the S7 officially came out). Maybe they were bombarded with submissions and some of us just got lost somewhere in the shuffle. I mean I have never got an estimated ship date, only one email on 4/7 stating that I am approved and it can be shipped through the summer.

I find it hard to believe that with all these complaints and phone calls that people who submitted after us are still getting the watches first. Nobody at Samsung, PL or even VZW think this is such a big deal. This is so unfair and makes me question why we are not getting it yet and if we will ever get it.

I am still waiting for both of mine and was a 3/12 submission date.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Sector4208

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Really, in my case there was no trick to it. I called and was given the 24 hr call back routine, since I had been told that before, and it didn't happen I called back and the rep said she would see if a supervisor was available. I explained the entire situation AGAIN, and he offered to send my case for review or give the eCerts right away. As I really do not trust PL at this point I took the eCerts. But, I will say this, get the person you are talking to on your side, as everyone, when they feel personally attacked, goes on the defensive. I always preface my conversations "I'm not directing this at you personally", because, in truth, they are being told what to say, and it is not that particular persons fault. You know, as the old saying goes, you catch more flies with Honey than you do with Vinegar.

Also, the email that I received the eCerts from was SamsungPrizeLogicSupport@programheadqtrs.net It does have a DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL disclaimer though.

Good Luck Everyone!

I am still waiting for the email. They told me some other email it would be coming from. The part that worries me is I was told within 24 hours and as the conversation went on it changed to 24-48 hours. I did get the canned "Samsung internal location code audit" explanation.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
The Supervisor I talked to told me that they absolutely have NOT run out of S2s, and they do not know why people are being told that they have. This is where I don't understand why they are still telling people it may be summer before they get their watch, I would be highly skeptical, as their track record with the truth has been very poor.

Just a note about my call with PL yesterday, I called just to have them tell me what my 3rd submission was registered for because I told them I was curious about hearing people getting random VR's and they confirmed I was set for the S2 which I know doesn't mean squat but I stated other people are being told they are getting the S2 and then VR shows up and PL said they have nothing to do with that and passed the buck onto Brighton and then I inquired to why people who submitted before the S2 was listed "sold out" are still waiting and other people have thirs already that submitted afterwards....

now she made no mention that my 3rd S2 was already in processing with fedex but she did mention and take this with a grain of salt because she started talking in circles probably to get me off the phone - but that I should be getting mine soon and noted because I registered early on the website my info was early in the queue and I stated my first submissions weren't complete until March 9 and 10 but she noted my initial registration on the website was March 3rd(which was actually a day before they were to open official registration) SO I do not know if that makes any difference or if she was just a talking head but 3 of my S2's have now had "label created" exactly 2 weeks apart for each one with sub dates of 3/9, 3/10 and 3/18 but my initial registration was done on 3/3

Edit:Murderland, just saw your post after I finished this....

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
They would have been much better off if they had released the truth..."Look everyone, we F'd up the whole thing." LOL Instead, they keep telling different stories to different people which further fans the flames of discontent.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
could it have anything to do with putting in your information early? I remember a post where verizon told someone to go to the samsungpromotions website and submit their basic information even if they hadn't gotten their phone yet to hold their place in line.

which could explain why people are getting their watches quicker than others

Whaaaat!?!!??!?! Now that is info I never got! I waited untill I recived my phone because I knew that the submission process need the info off the phone the MAC adress ect.

Here I am thinking that I surely was part of the first 35K surely cause I was submitted 3/9. But now I learn I could have submitted the day of the pre-order open? That info would have been nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital