Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I don't know how Verizon or Samsung could ever do business with PL again... If I EVER participate in one of these promotions again I'm definitely asking first who is handling the promo... If it's PL, then no thanks!

Sector4208

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Honestly I don't know how Verizon or Samsung could ever do business with PL again... If I EVER participate in one of these promotions again I'm definitely asking first who is handling the promo... If it's PL, then no thanks!

Do a quick search and you will find PL and Samsung have been working together and having similar issues since at least 2014.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Spoke to my 2nd VZW supervisor yesterday (1st one did not call me back). He call PL and was told by them that I would defiently be receiving the 2 S2's I submitted for on 3/11 (my status is still shipment pending), but it is a good chance it will take another 4 weeks. They did not expect this type of turnout for the promo (well then when they ran out why relist it?). The VZW rep thought I would be happy with this news. I said I will be happy if I eventually get it, but it was not fair that people who submitted after me already received the watches and that some people who submitted before me are still waiting also.

So here I go waiting another 4 weeks, hope most of us get them eventually.
I'm exactly the same as you and both times I've called, I've been told 4 weeks. 4 weeks from April 7, or is it 4 weeks after we called??

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
i kinda doubt we will have to worry about it, after all the crap samsung took for giving away free stuff i'm sure they won't do it again
And to think, this could have been an awesome promotion had they just followed their T&C like the rest of us did!

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Whaaaat!?!!??!?! Now that is info I never got! I waited untill I recived my phone because I knew that the submission process need the info off the phone the MAC adress ect.

Here I am thinking that I surely was part of the first 35K surely cause I was submitted 3/9. But now I learn I could have submitted the day of the pre-order open? That info would have been nice.

I don't know what to think about that either...but, it still would not explain why people who submitted weeks later already have theirs. I would find it hard to believe that they went and "pre-registered" in anticipation of buying a phone weeks later. The only thing I have actually seen after the fact, was that you could have entered your email for a "reminder" to enter your claim, not "pre-register". There is a reason Samsung keeps using PL, every promo they run together, seems to be rife with problems...I think this must benefit Samsung in some way or another or they would stop using them..Just my .02

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Whaaaat!?!!??!?! Now that is info I never got! I waited untill I recived my phone because I knew that the submission process need the info off the phone the MAC adress ect.

Here I am thinking that I surely was part of the first 35K surely cause I was submitted 3/9. But now I learn I could have submitted the day of the pre-order open? That info would have been nice.

I remember I did have a call with VZW back around 3/5 or 3/6 (after I learned my silver S7 was on backorder until 3/31) I called about being eligible for the promo if my phone wasn't shipped until 3/31 because this was the end of the registration date....

At that time the VZW rep(and I had the call escalated because I was getting ready to cancel my order for the silver S7) told me she was going to contact samsung and put me on hold, it wasn't a 3way call but she kept going back and forth and putting me on hold and was probably speaking w/ PL... I didn't knw about PL at this time..... and then the VZW rep proceeded to walk me through the process of registering step by step (I had already started the registration on March 3 but did not know I needed the imei to submit and complete it) and when she realized I was already registered told me once I was already registered my info would be in their queue even if I didn't have my IMEI yet..... she stated as long as I was registered I had nothing to worry about.... but I didn't believe her and thought she was just telling me what I wanted to hear to pacify me and completely forgot about that interaction back in early March.....

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm about 6 hours out from 24 hours for a supervisor call. Not a big deal if I don't get it. I'm thinking I'll sell the VR and move on.

Definitely not interested in putting in for another Samsung promotion.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what to think about that either...but, it still would not explain why people who submitted weeks later already have theirs. I would find it hard to believe that they went and "pre-registered" in anticipation of buying a phone weeks later. The only thing I have actually seen after the fact, was that you could have entered your email for a "reminder" to enter your claim, not "pre-register". There is a reason Samsung keeps using PL, every promo they run together, seems to be rife with problems...I think this must benefit Samsung in some way or another or they would stop using them..Just my .02
"would not explain why people who submitted weeks later already have theirs. I would find it hard to believe that they went and "pre-registered" in anticipation"

Yeah, that doesn't make sense..... and they had that webpage up to enter your email for a "reminder to register on March 4th" but while I was researching the promo terms on March 3rd I realized the registration page was already open and registered all my personal info except the imei and mac, never did receive the reminder email either.....

with all that said, nothing explains why people who submitted after 3/15 when the S2 was listed as SOLD OUT are getting their S2's while people that pre-ordered and submitted the first week, well before it was listed as sold out have not received theirs or are getting random VRs... it doesn't take a very sophisticated computer program to differentiate

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I remember I did have a call with VZW back around 3/5 or 3/6 (after I learned my silver S7 was on backorder until 3/31) I called about being eligible for the promo if my phone wasn't shipped until 3/31 because this was the end of the registration date....

At that time the VZW rep(and I had the call escalated because I was getting ready to cancel my order for the silver S7) told me she was going to contact samsung and put me on hold, it wasn't a 3way call but she kept going back and forth and putting me on hold and was probably speaking w/ PL... I didn't knw about PL at this time..... and then the VZW rep proceeded to walk me through the process of registering step by step (I had already started the registration on March 3 but did not know I needed the imei to submit and complete it) and when she realized I was already registered told me once I was already registered my info would be in their queue even if I didn't have my IMEI yet..... she stated as long as I was registered I had nothing to worry about.... but I didn't believe her and thought she was just telling me what I wanted to hear to pacify me and completely forgot about that interaction back in early March.....

And Verizon told ME that if ordered the silver that I would NOT be eligible for the promo because it would arrive after the cutoff date... Hence why I have a black S7E instead of the Silver I really wanted. So, I potentially will come out of this having settled for a color I didn't want so I could get a VR that I didn't want...

briandor

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

You are correct that those getting it that registered later probably didn't do the pre-register because I'm one of them. I didn't even order my phone from vzw.com until 3/12 and it arrived on 3/15. I registered on 3/16 and the website showed approved on 3/18. My label showed up on 4/22 and was actually picked up from Brightpoint on 4/26. I received the watch yesterday, 4/28.

Murderland

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
That is the S2, when did you submit or register?

I ordered from bestbuy then I put my information in on 3/7 or 3/8. Cancelled it. Placed an order in at verizon on 3/9 for the silver titanium. Got the phone 3/18. Then submitted the MEID and receipt on 3/19. Approved 3/20. And shipping information was entered on 4/28, but didn't pop up on fedex delivery manager til today.

dmeloche1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You are correct that those getting it that registered later probably didn't do the pre-register because I'm one of them. I didn't even order my phone from vzw.com until 3/12 and it arrived on 3/15. I registered on 3/16 and the website showed approved on 3/18. My label showed up on 4/22 and was actually picked up from Brightpoint on 4/26. I received the watch yesterday, 4/28.
Dammit. That infuriates me. I'm glad it worked out for you but I ordered the stupid phone two weeks before you did and received a VR the day before you got your watch.

Last edited:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Dammit. That infuriates me. I'm glad it worked out for you but I ordered the stupid watch two weeks before you did and received a VR the day before you got your watch.

were you the recipient of the bus acct/location code email? That would tick me off juts as much since those errors in processing were in no way the fault of the consumer and they just nonchalantly put the consequences on the customer for their clerical misinformation and basically tell you you're SOL....

especially when the promo initially started there was no mention at all of anything related to "location code" needed, they didn't even specify what type of proof of purchase was required(sales order email confirmation or invoice that came with device)

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm exactly the same as you and both times I've called, I've been told 4 weeks. 4 weeks from April 7, or is it 4 weeks after we called??

I was told 4 weeks from when I called...but people who submitted after me are getting them now. This process stinks. I think I need to stay away from these boards, because as people who submitted after me receive them I get pissed off... happy for them but pissed off for me!!!!

Last edited:

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
"Samsung reserves the right to substitute a Gift item for another item of equal or greater value in the event of item unavailability."

Two things are wrong with what is happening with just this sentence alone from the CURRENT T&C. First off, per their own values listed in the T&C, the VR is valued $200 less than the S2 which contradicts the "equal or greater" portion. Secondly, "in the event of item unavailability" is hard to claim when you're still sending some people out S2s... The S2 is still available by many accounts so they should not be substituting anything to begin with!

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm about 20 hours into the 24-hour callback "promise". If by some miracle I get a $200 ecert and that it works, I am thinking of getting the S2 classic. I looked at them at BB last night and the leather strap feels nice and the ridges around the ring is cool. At least it is thinner and lighter than the 3G S2. But it's $150 + tax I wouldn't have had to spend at all if I just got what I was entitled to and would have been happy enough with the verizon model, for free. Stupid random Samsung audit. I wonder how many people would have been rejected if they did a full audit of all submissions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma