Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been thinking about the details...how it seems that many of us on here that are still waiting all submitted in a specific range: 3/9-3/12. It;s not the location code, because we have different codes. Not the business disqualification, we weren't notified of that. We all got the same email stating "shipping into May or Summer 3016. So, there has to be a reason why almost everyone who submitted after us has received their S2s & we haven't. Ideas? Maybe PL lost/mishandled those early submissions? There has to be some logic (no pun intended) as to why our submission dates are hanging. Would love to hear your thoughts.....

When it comes to the “first come first serve” debacle… (the location code and business account bait and switch debacles being separate)

I still like my “warehouse worker” theory. Where in a Brightpoint worker works off a top of pile (or at a computer terminal) where the newest orders are at the top and the oldest are just languishing at the bottom not getting worked.

Be sure when you finally get your PL rep on the phone to tell the Brightpoint people are not fulfilling the orders chronologically!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking about the details...how it seems that many of us on here that are still waiting all submitted in a specific range: 3/9-3/12. It;s not the location code, because we have different codes. Not the business disqualification, we weren't notified of that. We all got the same email stating "shipping into May or Summer 3016. So, there has to be a reason why almost everyone who submitted after us has received their S2s & we haven't. Ideas? Maybe PL lost/mishandled those early submissions? There has to be some logic (no pun intended) as to why our submission dates are hanging. Would love to hear your thoughts.....

I don't know, but I'll make sure to procrastinate submitting on future promos... lol

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
This chapter of my life has ended today. I hit brick walls. Finally got through to a PL supervisor and they say they cannot do anything for me due to the location code reject by samsung (E184001, verizon/xfinity). They will not issue an ecert. Supervisor refused to escalate the case higher or to help me pursue my case with Samsung by giving me a contact. I then called VZW and they say it is a Samsung promo, go call Samsung customer service. They will not do anything to compensate me either. I pleaded for them to find an actual name or department in Samsung I could contact directly, knowing the general number will just forward me to PL. Sure enough that's what Samsung did. Stonewalled on all three fronts. I can't even express my displeasure with how PL/Samsung handled the promo to anyone who cares. Fine, if this location code was invalid then tell me up front, tell me before I order the phone. I am not convinced it isn't an oversight and the database isn't complete. Whoever got ecerts may have got lucky until PL realized what was going on and stopped it.

Now I have to decide how badly I still want the watch and buy it, or just forget the idea. Or look at a watch that isn't Samsung's.

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
This chapter of my life has ended today. I hit brick walls. Finally got through to a PL supervisor and they say they cannot do anything for me due to the location code reject by samsung (E184001, verizon/xfinity). They will not issue an ecert. Supervisor refused to escalate the case higher or to help me pursue my case with Samsung by giving me a contact. I then called VZW and they say it is a Samsung promo, go call Samsung customer service. They will not do anything to compensate me either. I pleaded for them to find an actual name or department in Samsung I could contact directly, knowing the general number will just forward me to PL. Sure enough that's what Samsung did. Stonewalled on all three fronts. I can't even express my displeasure with how PL/Samsung handled the promo to anyone who cares. Fine, if this location code was invalid then tell me up front, tell me before I order the phone. I am not convinced it isn't an oversight and the database isn't complete. Whoever got ecerts may have got lucky until PL realized what was going on and stopped it.

Now I have to decide how badly I still want the watch and buy it, or just forget the idea. Or look at a watch that isn't Samsung's.
So sorry. Check Swappa for sure. The watch is going for around $175 on there.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site

I am confused did you buy your phone from a store or online?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought online. Xfinity link takes you to the verizon wireless order site and as far as I know I purchased through verizon wireless which shows on my receipts. I am annoyed that I called PL before I did the order with location code in hand and the guy just said he saw no reason why it wouldn't work and supposedly made a note about it. Samsung apparently doesn't see the verizon-xfinity partnership sales center as verizon. Xfinity site just said you can take advantage of all verizon offers, they just throw in their own gift card.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
yeah, time warner and verizon have the same "partnership" when i ordered i was told i had 3 choices for ordering, verizon store get vr and $100 off s2, through time warner/verizon, $250 gift card and vr, or through verizon online or phone, s2 watch or vr.... you didn't really think they were going to give you the 250 gift card and the 350 watch did you?

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Same situation with the PL supervisor. Called on Friday and was supposed to get a supervisor to call me back. Called on Saturday to confirm that a Supervisor would get back to me within 24-48 hours....still no call....

I also got stonewalled by Samsung, Verizon, and PL however I'm one of the few that received the email stating that it was purchased through a store or business acount even though I clearly purchased it online. Verizon confirmed this with me as well.

I'm slowly pulling on the "you guys messed up my order to begin with" thread and and will hopefully unravel a S2 at the end of it.

Calling PL as I type this...

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I sold my VR for $80 today. I am closing the book on the whole thing. Super bummed but time to move on.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

MeatRocket

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I submitted on 3/16. I verified I was approved for a Gear S2 but got an email last week saying that my submission had been reverted to a Gear VR because I bought in-store. I explained that the Verizon store rep stated that they could give me a Gear S2 on the spot if I traded in a phone or I could enter my receipt online for the Gear S2 if I didn't want to trade in my phone. I asked for a supervisor to call me back and they said 24 hours. I didn't hear from them so called today and the guy said that it was noted that a supervisor was supposed to call me back but that my award has been changed back to the Gear S2 and apologized for the confusion. He also said that unfortunately it would be about 5 more weeks until it's delivered. I'm still not holding my breath that it'll actually be the Gear S2 but you never know. I'm already in contact with the manager of the store where I bought the S7 and let him know his employee may have screwed me on the promotion because he gave me the wrong info. I told him if I got the VR that I'd be in his store so he could make it right. I spend over $4K/yr on service alone with Verizon, then I get at least 2 new phones a year. If they screw me on a $250 watch then I'll take all of my lines to another provider. I view the excessive premium we pay Verizon is for what should be exceptional customer service. If they can't follow through on it, then I may as well pay another provider less money for the same sub-standard customer service.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
yeah not sure how you verified s2 when you bought in store... verizon store rep definitely gave you wrong info, i doubt prizelogic will be able to help you with that one, the promo was pretty simple in store = vr online/phone = s2 or vr, I do think your only recourse will be with the store manager, and that might be an up hill struggle at that

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
i think i'm starting to understand why samsung started doing audits, seems like alot of people didn't really follow the rules and are trying to get something by.... resulting in people that did follow the rules getting theirs delayed along the way...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
i think i'm starting to understand why samsung started doing audits, seems like alot of people didn't really follow the rules and are trying to get something by.... resulting in people that did follow the rules getting theirs delayed along the way...

... unless you submitted after the supply of S2's "ran out"...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
... unless you submitted after the supply of S2's "ran out"...

they did "run out" and samsung made more units available for the promotion.... and if you are referring to prizelogic telling you they "ran out" you really do have to take what their first line people say with a grain of salt as the have no clue what is going on....

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
yeah, time warner and verizon have the same "partnership" when i ordered i was told i had 3 choices for ordering, verizon store get vr and $100 off s2, through time warner/verizon, $250 gift card and vr, or through verizon online or phone, s2 watch or vr.... you didn't really think they were going to give you the 250 gift card and the 350 watch did you?

xfinity was $200 GC for purchase of ANY phone on DPP on top of any verizon promotions they had. I was not 100% sure the S2 would work but PL got my hopes up when they said sure it will! This was not a promotion for the Samsung phone. My main gripe is how PL handled the promotion and the misinformation and the lack of transparency with PL and Samsung. I should be able to get an authoritative answer as to why my location code was rejected. PL has no idea. A couple people at different Samsung offices told me it must have been PL that did the audit, that Samsung is not involved with promotions, that's PL's job. I still may believe Samsung did an audit but the fact that the PL supervisor is not willing to call their contacts at Samsung to confirm the reason escapes me other than Samsung paid PL to not let customers or their issues through.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
they did "run out" and samsung made more units available for the promotion.... and if you are referring to prizelogic telling you they "ran out" you really do have to take what their first line people say with a grain of salt as the have no clue what is going on....

I was referring more to the timeline and people with late submissions getting their watches while many with early submissions are still waiting or getting the wrong items...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781