Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Now that I'm thinking about it the only other thing I've been waiting on is 2 samsung wireless charging pads but they're on backorder so I'll have to see. I'll keep yous updated
There was someone last week that had the same listing in their Fedex Delivery Manager....same place, same weight & thought it was the S2 delivery. It was actually the wireless charging pad that they had ordered. I'm thinking it's your charging pad, sorry.

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
As I've mentioned before, I was a 3/12 submitter. Put in for one watch and one VR. I've been enjoying my VR for the last week. I've been checking my status page daily and still pending. I just checked this morning and I finally have a tracking number for a .9lb package! It said it was created 4/28. Still no movement, but I'm optimistically thinking my saga is about to come to a close.

Posted via the Android Central App

Murderland

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
As I've mentioned before, I was a 3/12 submitter. Put in for one watch and one VR. I've been enjoying my VR for the last week. I've been checking my status page daily and still pending. I just checked this morning and I finally have a tracking number for a .9lb package! It said it was created 4/28. Still no movement, but I'm optimistically thinking my saga is about to come to a close.

reading the older posts this can take around a week before they ship it out. one dude had been waiting for 3 weeks. i got my shipping info on the 28th as well no movement. Keep me updated though :D

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I got a response from an email I sent last week, yes it was pretty generic but it stated that I am receiving the S2. Nothing in manager and still pending status.. so I will just keep waiting.

Submitted 3/10

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Nothing here for me this is jus ridiculous, filed on the 9th of March, we're in may now this company is a joke only reason I did it was for the watch, still says shipping pending, what a joke and waste of my time

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
reading the older posts this can take around a week before they ship it out. one dude had been waiting for 3 weeks. i got my shipping info on the 28th as well no movement. Keep me updated though :D

Yeah...but at least it's something. I have delivery manager but neither shipment has showed up for me...I was unable to verify when setting up my DM account...but used the landlord's name and added my name to the list...still nothing. A tracking number on the promotion status page and a .9lb box is a very good thing in my book. I can wait a week.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah...but at least it's something. I have delivery manager but neither shipment has showed up for me...I was unable to verify when setting up my DM account...but used the landlord's name and added my name to the list...still nothing. A tracking number on the promotion status page and a .9lb box is a very good thing in my book. I can wait a week.

Agree! More than i can say.. I'm showing zip as well

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I Thought I would never have to deal with Prizelogic again...BUT, I used the 3 $200.00 eCerts to buy 1 Classic S2 and 2 "regular" S2s. The Classic Promo on Samsung's website at the time was when you buy a Classic, you get a free extra watchband. Guess what, no extra watchband was in the box. Called Samsung who immediately said I have to talk to THEIR promo department...I said, "please don't say Prizelogic" Of course, guess what, now I have to call Prizelogic again....

I asked the person at Samsung if Samsung owns Prizelogic, and she said technically yes, but "they kind of do their own thing over there."

No wonder everyone is getting the run around on the watch deal.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
For those that for the $200 ecert from PL.... How long did it take to get the email after talking to supervisor?

It took about 1 hour for me to receive the email containing the codes, and it came from:

Samsung PrizeLogic Support <SamsungPrizeLogicSupport@programheadqtrs.net>

stleusc

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
It took about 1 hour for me to receive the email containing the codes, and it came from:

Samsung PrizeLogic Support <SamsungPrizeLogicSupport@programheadqtrs.net>

I was told it takes two days... Of course nothing came so far.
Anyone else got the promise for the code and didn't get it?

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I Thought I would never have to deal with Prizelogic again...BUT, I used the 3 $200.00 eCerts to buy 1 Classic S2 and 2 "regular" S2s. The Classic Promo on Samsung's website at the time was when you buy a Classic, you get a free extra watchband. Guess what, no extra watchband was in the box. Called Samsung who immediately said I have to talk to THEIR promo department...I said, "please don't say Prizelogic" Of course, guess what, now I have to call Prizelogic again....

I asked the person at Samsung if Samsung owns Prizelogic, and she said technically yes, but "they kind of do their own thing over there."

No wonder everyone is getting the run around on the watch deal.

Guess what, PL told me to call Samsung back...LMAO...you couldn't make this Sh!t up if you tried...Then a Samsung supervisor finally said that they had a lot of orders where the free band selection didn't ship out, and they are going to email me back with what they are going to do...Why not tell me that in the first place instead of telling me to wait on hold through 20 callers at PL?

If they ever do a sequel to "Groundhog Day" they could have the plot revolve around us trying to get our orders from Samsung/PL. Oh, BTW, PL said Samsung does not own them...lol

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
That is quite comical, you are right, no one could make this up.
I submitted 3/18 and have been in a pending status since 4-1.It is for a Gear vr, look at all the people who have free ones AND a watch. Sucks

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
8 weeks ago today. People closest to the distribution centers received their Samsung Galaxy s7’s. Today was the first day that people could have submitted to Prizelogic with the complete information required.

I wonder if it was possible that 35K true and correct submissions could have been received that day? The roll out of a flagship phone is a big deal. Could a million units have been sold already? Was the point of the free Gear s2 to push sales? But did push sales to the point of being sold out before the major marketing for the S7 could get rolling and that is why they had to extend it?

I wonder if the revised terms and conditions stipulated a larger amount of free Gear s2s? Probably not.

If you’re a 3/8 submitter and still don’t have your gear s2 or VR. Today is your Day!

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I called today. They say I'm still getting S2, but it will NOW be 6-8 weeks after my Approval e-mail (4/7). It was 4-6 weeks when I called last week. I guess this is the new process....just keep adding weeks? Aaaaanyway...that puts it May 19-June. What exactly did I ever do to Samsung? I have this sinking feeling that I'm gonna hear that all supplies were exhausted when it's time to ship mine. Submitted 3/11. Approved 3/25. Approval email 4/7.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I called today. They say I'm still getting S2, but it will NOW be 6-8 weeks after my Approval e-mail (4/7). It was 4-6 weeks when I called last week. I guess this is the new process....just keep adding weeks? Aaaaanyway...that puts it May 19-June. What exactly did I ever do to Samsung? I have this sinking feeling that I'm gonna hear that all supplies were exhausted when it's time to ship mine. Submitted 3/11. Approved 3/25. Approval email 4/7.

I received one of mine a week after my approval email. Both of my submissions were approved within 24 hours, but approval email for both was 4/7, even though submitted weeks apart.

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the moto 360 2nd gen? Looking at getting that. On sale at verizon. Just looking for basic notification functions and don't want to spend a lot. Has leather strap. The smaller men's one.

I had the original, It was a good watch, but that blacked out part at the bottom of the screen annoyed me, and that is why I ultimately got rid of it.

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I am beginning to think that their system did not send out the email approvals and everyone got the 4/7 email and they are using that date for the 6-8 week marker. I am also thinking they are planning on what is going to happen at the end of this.

Somewhere on planet earth!

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
8 weeks ago today. People closest to the distribution centers received their Samsung Galaxy s7’s. Today was the first day that people could have submitted to Prizelogic with the complete information required
I'm not sure what you mean by today was the first day people could have submitted

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So when is the last that someone had an unwanted VR show up? Seems like nothing has happened this week yet. I wonder if they just screwed up a batch and are possibly correcting whatever happened?