Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I assume your location code was still ultimately (re)checked and considered valid? I was rejected in the audit but due to xfinity purchase. Were some people illegitimately rejected in the audit and these are the people getting ecerts?

Yes my location code was one of the ones that got rechecked and considered valid. The supervisor stated that if my order was not in the "shipping" status, he would have been able to swap it out.

I argued that my estimated shipping date was on 4/18....and today is what...5/3 (yesterday) already? If they haven't even began to ship my package out, just SWAP IT OUT. Nothing he could do about it except offer me the $200 + the VR.

The supervisor I spoke to said he had a list of codes and said mine was on it and should have been approved. I don't know how truthful this was but that's what I was told.

Same here.

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Happy for you, that you are getting both. I am to get 2 vr's, I am waiting for all the people to get the double gifts ( S2 and a VR) before I can get mine
PL SUCKS!

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that most of the people that are still pending and have nothing in fedex manager submitted between 3/9-3/12? Also are people deleting their information offered the Google Doc if they receive their Gift?

Submitted 3-10

Posted via the Android Central App

deh2004

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Today officially marks 8 weeks since I submitted on 03/09/16. Received the generic "Your're getting an S2.......but it is delayed till May or Summer." (For both S2's I was approved for) I am officially over it. This whole promotion has become comical. Basically, anyone who registered from the 9th-12th is getting screwed. I am happy to see movement for some, and glad they are getting their items; just irritated when you look at the submission date comparison of those people. No one is taking responsibility, and there are 2 million different "excuses" going around. From processing to fulfillment, there has been nothing but disaster after disaster. If you are going to have a promotion of this magnitude, and lets be real, even Helen Keller could see this one; have the manpower to handle it. I guess that is asking too much in this day and age? Process submissions in the order you get them, send to fulfillment (in the SAME order), and mail out. Did I miss something with that last statement, or do I have too much common sense? Oh well, I am just going to continue to wait and see if anything ever shows up. Oh, and FedEx manager STILL shows nothing, and submission page still says pending (again). Cheers to those that have received something at this point, and fingers crossed for the rest of us. =/

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I sent a two page letter to Samsung's North America Headquarters via FEDEX yesterday. In the letter, I detailed the entire debacle. It probably will do nothing, but I had to get it off my chest so to speak. Of course, I'm sure if they respond, it will only be to tell me to contact Prizelogic...lol

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke to them and they said I will get my two watches. they are ready to ship and will go out this week. and that I wasn't affected by the audit. so we will see.

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
My label that was created on the 28th....it's now moving. Expected delivery is Friday. I finally have a watch physically moving toward me!

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't there somebody on here that was willing to trade their S2 for a Gear VR + the $200 eCert??

I'm willing to make that trade if anybody wants too. If not, I may consider selling the Gear VR for maybe $70 and putting down extra for a classic version.

Does anybody know if the watch purchased from Samsung directly is the 3G version?

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm happy for everyone that is receiving their items (finally). I'm still trying to understand why I'm not. I think it's to call Verizon. I followed all the rules, submitted before the amended terms & conditions, bought via verizon online, approval email, yada, yada, yada. Still, it seems like everyday, people are receiving their S2s, while I keep being told that I've passed (all 4 levels of audit, lol) and that I'm getting an S2, yet, it's still going to take 6-8 weeks to get mine. I'm just at a loss as to why it's taking so long, while everyone else seems to be getting a resolution. Is anyone else out there who submitted on 3/9-3/12 who is still listed as pending with no end in sight???

iadrumbum

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm happy for everyone that is receiving their items (finally). I'm still trying to understand why I'm not. I think it's to call Verizon. I followed all the rules, submitted before the amended terms & conditions, bought via verizon online, approval email, yada, yada, yada. Still, it seems like everyday, people are receiving their S2s, while I keep being told that I've passed (all 4 levels of audit, lol) and that I'm getting an S2, yet, it's still going to take 6-8 weeks to get mine. I'm just at a loss as to why it's taking so long, while everyone else seems to be getting a resolution. Is anyone else out there who submitted on 3/9-3/12 who is still listed as pending with no end in sight???

I was 3/12 pending until a couple days ago. I haven't contacted anyone....no calls to PL, Samsung, or VZW. Yes, I've been anxious to receive my items...but I've patiently waited and kept an eye on this thread. I'm sure you'll get yours...and I'm sure it will be sooner than PL told you. Check your status and DM once a day, catch up on this thread, and relax. Godspeed to your S2!

pageant2

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have any phone numbers to reach a real Customer Relations department at Samsung. I have talked to Prizelogic, Verizon and Samsung. Prizelogic appears to be doing their best under the conditions put on them by Samsung regarding the Internal Audit and "Location Codes." Verizon confirmed to me the internal audit which Samsung did and told me basically the same thing as PrizeLogic has told me. Samsung's 800-SAMSUNG number actually takes you to Technical Support. Some of the representatives there have admitted they don't know what is going on, one told me to go see the Samsung rep at a Best Buy to get this resolved and another told me that PrizeLogic was lying to me - that if an Internal Audit took place it was done by PrizeLogic and any decisions were made by PrizeLogic.
I had preordered my S7 from Verizon Wireless on line and file the rebate the day I got the phone. I had received notification that my request for an S2 had been received. The next thing that happened was that I received a VRGear on my front porch. Since that time I have been trying to resolve the issue. PrizeLogic says they can't accept returns or send out the proper item (I believe them). It seems to me I have to reach someone in Samsung to resolve this but understand why technical support can't resolve the problem. Thus the need to contact some sort of Customer Relations office at Samsung.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

ME me me 3/10 still penning

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Were you told an additional 6-8 weeks now? What are the 4 levels of audit? What is ironic is that those that submitted early (first week March 8th-15th, with most of those from pre-orders that started on Feb23) seem to be majority of those currently patiently waiting when the delivery time was est 4-6 weeks....

and then they changed the eta to 6-8 weeks after March 15th when they removed the "soldout" tag for the S2... and those that submitted under the new terms and conditions of 8 weeks seem to be receiving them regularly now(or have had labels created since last week pending)..... while those that pre-ordered or ordered before they changed the 4-6 wks eta are checking for an update daily scratching their heads 8 weeks later...

there had to be some huge data entry error or information breach on their end of it, via employee blunders or computerized data failure for things to seem this out o whack for what seems to be a routine type of promo that was to be based on first come first serve like most promo's are modeled after......

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Were you told an additional 6-8 weeks now? What are the 4 levels of audit? What is ironic is that those that submitted early (first week March 8th-15th, with most of those from pre-orders that started on Feb23) seem to be majority of those currently patiently waiting when the delivery time was est 4-6 weeks....

and then they changed the eta to 6-8 weeks after March 15th when they removed the "soldout" tag for the S2... and those that submitted under the new terms and conditions of 8 weeks seem to be receiving them regularly now(or have had labels created since last week pending)..... while those that pre-ordered or ordered before they changed the 4-6 wks eta are checking for an update daily scratching their heads 8 weeks later...

there had to be some huge data entry error or information breach on their end of it, via employee blunders or computerized data failure for things to seem this out o whack for what seems to be a routine type of promo that was to be based on first come first serve like most promo's are modeled after......
In my particular case, I checked 2 weeks ago & was told that I was definitely still getting an S2 (lots of people were getting VRs sent) & that it would be 4-6 weeks from 4/7 & to check back the 1st of May to get a shipping update if I had not received it by then. When I called this week, I was told that it was 6-8 weeks, but no answer as to why the change (again). Probably the same reason they had it listed as 'in route' on 2 prior occasions (no answers from PL as to why). They told me that there were 4 audits performed by Samsung as part of this promotion and that I had passed all 4, so it "shouldn't be much longer". I really think it boils down to whatever answer PL chooses to go with on any given day. T*ts on a Bull should be their company slogan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary