Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have any phone numbers to reach a real Customer Relations department at Samsung. I have talked to Prizelogic, Verizon and Samsung. Prizelogic appears to be doing their best under the conditions put on them by Samsung regarding the Internal Audit and "Location Codes." Verizon confirmed to me the internal audit which Samsung did and told me basically the same thing as PrizeLogic has told me. Samsung's 800-SAMSUNG number actually takes you to Technical Support. Some of the representatives there have admitted they don't know what is going on, one told me to go see the Samsung rep at a Best Buy to get this resolved and another told me that PrizeLogic was lying to me - that if an Internal Audit took place it was done by PrizeLogic and any decisions were made by PrizeLogic.
I had preordered my S7 from Verizon Wireless on line and file the rebate the day I got the phone. I had received notification that my request for an S2 had been received. The next thing that happened was that I received a VRGear on my front porch. Since that time I have been trying to resolve the issue. PrizeLogic says they can't accept returns or send out the proper item (I believe them). It seems to me I have to reach someone in Samsung to resolve this but understand why technical support can't resolve the problem. Thus the need to contact some sort of Customer Relations office at Samsung.

It's my understanding that if you truly were qualified to receive a s2 but were shipped a vr by "mistake" the resolution is that they are giving out $200 certificates for Samsung's website, you need to contact prizelogic to get the certificate, seems best to call early in the morning and ask to speak to a supervisor...

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any phone numbers to reach a real Customer Relations department at Samsung. I have talked to Prizelogic, Verizon and Samsung. Prizelogic appears to be doing their best under the conditions put on them by Samsung regarding the Internal Audit and "Location Codes." Verizon confirmed to me the internal audit which Samsung did and told me basically the same thing as PrizeLogic has told me. Samsung's 800-SAMSUNG number actually takes you to Technical Support. Some of the representatives there have admitted they don't know what is going on, one told me to go see the Samsung rep at a Best Buy to get this resolved and another told me that PrizeLogic was lying to me - that if an Internal Audit took place it was done by PrizeLogic and any decisions were made by PrizeLogic.
I had preordered my S7 from Verizon Wireless on line and file the rebate the day I got the phone. I had received notification that my request for an S2 had been received. The next thing that happened was that I received a VRGear on my front porch. Since that time I have been trying to resolve the issue. PrizeLogic says they can't accept returns or send out the proper item (I believe them). It seems to me I have to reach someone in Samsung to resolve this but understand why technical support can't resolve the problem. Thus the need to contact some sort of Customer Relations office at Samsung.

I tried some of this stuff. I went to Best Buy but their sales reps are basically disconnected from corporate, they are retail people assigned to Best Buy. I tried to get a Samsung contact from them but I got nowhere. I called PL again today to ask for one more conversation with a supervisor, someone who may be willing to explain what happened and do actual research. It may take 5 business days to hear back. When the last super told me location code reject she did not explain how she knew this, just said it, just like the rep who answered the phone said it because that was the water cooler conversation of the day so it seemed. Just like 2 days prior when I called, it was oh, they ran out so we swapped it. So what is the real truth? The rep today said Samsung audits all orders when they go to fulfillment and that day it is decided what you get, PL has no control over it. If they really did an extra audit like they told me before, I am not convinced this was the one done on 4/20 when my order was placed with fulfillment. Otherwise they are saying it is common practice NOT to audit all orders at time of fulfillment, so which is it? It just seems fishy.

Yes I bought through xfinity portal but the purchase was made at verizon wireless online. There is proof of this on my register receipt and my credit card statement. I was not billed by comcast for the phone tax, I was billed by verizon. Thus in my opinion I qualify based on the T&C. That may not be what Samsung intended but even more to the point, why would they care if I got an extra promotion doing it this way? It doesn't come out of their pocket. I think when it comes down to it, Samsung just never got this location code because it is a verizon sales office but at a location not at verizon (my receipt says verizon wireless at one comcast center). I didn't submit this receipt though, I submitted the one in the box that didn't say where I bought it from. Not sure that would have made a difference since they seem to only look at location code. But then how did PL know it was a verizon online purchase to begin with that resulted in me passing all their initial audit levels? They must have thought where I bought it from was valid for the S2 based on their interpretation of the T&C (IMO). What else would lead them to see I bought it online at all then? That confuses me too. Unless they really did have the location code database to look my code up in. But on the phone with me they have to defend Samsung's rejection because they represent Samsung, not my interest. If they rejected it, they must have had a reason and there's nothing PL can do about it. And sorry you have no way to speak to anyone at Samsung about why this is, it just is so deal with it.

I'm also extra annoyed because I called PL BEFORE I placed my order, with the location code even. I explained how I was going to order it, he seemed to understand and assured me he made a note with my email address that he told me this would work and if I had problems later it would be documented. He either lied to me or the note got lost because PL can't find it. If I was told then and there it wouldn't work, or he wasn't sure it would be up to Samsung in the end, I may or may not have proceeded down that path but at least I would have had valid information to go by.

I am more annoyed as a matter of principle. For all I know, all of us who ordered through the verizon-xfinity partnership and was fulfilled around the same time actually got swapped due to lack of inventory and not due to location code. I will only believe that if they can tell me how they know my location code was rejected, I never got that explanation. I'd still love to know if anyone with code E184001 actually got an S2.

Last edited:

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
... Samsung's 800-SAMSUNG number actually takes you to Technical Support. Some of the representatives there have admitted they don't know what is going on, one told me to go see the Samsung rep at a Best Buy to get this resolved and another told me that PrizeLogic was lying to me - that if an Internal Audit took place it was done by PrizeLogic and any decisions were made by PrizeLogic.

And yes I spoke with consumer direct sales at Samsung and she said PL handles EVERYTHING promo related, that's their job. Samsung would not be involved in doing location code checks on fulfillment orders. So there would be no point even trying to find someone at Samsung to ask about it or to fix it. Samsung tech support said the only promotions department in Samsung is the phone number he gave me which sure enough was PL's number.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
In my particular case, I checked 2 weeks ago & was told that I was definitely still getting an S2 (lots of people were getting VRs sent) & that it would be 4-6 weeks from 4/7 & to check back the 1st of May to get a shipping update if I had not received it by then. When I called this week, I was told that it was 6-8 weeks, but no answer as to why the change (again). Probably the same reason they had it listed as 'in route' on 2 prior occasions (no answers from PL as to why). They told me that there were 4 audits performed by Samsung as part of this promotion and that I had passed all 4, so it "shouldn't be much longer". I really think it boils down to whatever answer PL chooses to go with on any given day. T*ts on a Bull should be their company slogan.

"I really think it boils down to whatever answer PL chooses to go with on any given day. "

It comes down to which phone rep you get and which excuse they pick for that day...."sold out", wrong code", "audit" , samsung error" etc.... that 4/7 date means absolutely NOTHING, they just use it to try to pacify the caller just like they are trying to blame Samsung and telling people its on their end knowing they are sending the customer on a wild goose chase............. I received 3 of those "approved" emails on 4/7.. although I had already been wearing my watch for a week when I got that approval email and my next watch showed up a week after that 4/7 "mass" approval email... when I called last time about my 3rd submission they had ABSOLUTELY no clue that I already had 2 watches..... so it seems they are just making stuff up like 6-8 weeks from 4/7....etc....

pageant2

May 5, 2016
Visit site
[B]"another (rep) told me that PrizeLogic was lying to me - that if an Internal Audit took place it was done by PrizeLogic and any decisions were made by PrizeLogic." [/B] Verizon, however, also says that the information they received from Samsung indicates Samsung did the internal audit and if they couldn't figure out the location code PrizeLogic was told to send VRGear.
In any case, there should be someone in either Samsung or PriceLogic with the power to correct mistakes and I can understand why Technical Support can't resolve the issues.

pageant2

May 5, 2016
Visit site
In any case either Samsung or PrizeLogic needs to have someone with the power and ability to correct errors. This has to be worst experience I've ever had with a major company.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't there somebody on here that was willing to trade their S2 for a Gear VR + the $200 eCert??

I'm willing to make that trade if anybody wants too. If not, I may consider selling the Gear VR for maybe $70 and putting down extra for a classic version.

Does anybody know if the watch purchased from Samsung directly is the 3G version?

I'm willing to trade my s2. Used it once and didn't like how big it was.

Jukins

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Same here submitted 3/10 approve 2 days later didn't get actual approval email until 4/7 and since then it's been preparing for shipment, enroute, and back to preparing for shipment ship date pending. Just gonna be patient since it's quite obvious I'm likely to get different results from calling. Hopefully it shows up

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
[B]"another (rep) told me that PrizeLogic was lying to me - that if an Internal Audit took place it was done by PrizeLogic and any decisions were made by PrizeLogic." [/B] Verizon, however, also says that the information they received from Samsung indicates Samsung did the internal audit and if they couldn't figure out the location code PrizeLogic was told to send VRGear.
In any case, there should be someone in either Samsung or PriceLogic with the power to correct mistakes and I can understand why Technical Support can't resolve the issues.

I would love to know who Verizon spoke to at Samsung or how did they get this information? Are you certain they communicated with Samsung directly or "Samsung Promotions" (which is PL)?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Curious what exactly would be the specific complaint, and what would be the remedy sought?

To me, a couple things as it relates to S2 promo. 1) For people who were switched to VR due to out of stock of S2, they should have automatically received the ecert for difference in gift value - a customer should not have to call and complain and argue to get it. 2) In my case (and maybe everyone who ordered through a verizon/* partnership including xfinity and maybe other cable companies), I believe I followed T&C to qualify for S2 by purchasing my phone from verizon wireless company and did so online. T&C, literally, says purchased at vzw.com but I contend that it is equivalent to purchasing from preorder.verizonwireless.com. It shouldn't matter if you started somewhere else and got redirected there to make the purchase. T&C doesn't say anything about where the "sales office" must be located or that your location code must match Samsung's database to qualify. My register receipt says it was bought from "Verizon Wireless", they happen to have this office located at One Comcast Center (HQ). From what I gathered there are some who apparently ordered through telesales and also got rejected. It shouldn't be our fault if their database is not fully up to date, or not fully complete with all locations that ought to qualify according to their language. I suppose someone could make an argument that they expected a user to actually type "vzw.com" in their browser and start from that point. To me it doesn't say that literally. I know I am trying to make the words fit my situation and it would be interesting to have a lawyer's input on it. Not that I'm going to pay any lawyer for the advice because it would cost more than my gift value LOL.

Edit: Quoting T&C: "Participants who purchase on VZW.com will be able to select one (1) of the following two (2) gifts: either (i) a Samsung Gear VR (est. $100 value) and a 6-game Oculus content bundle (est. $50 value); or (ii) a Samsung Gear S2 (est. $300 value, color selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion; no more than 35,000 Gear S2 watches are available in this Offer)."

Also they changed the T&C during the promotion, they didn't have the 35,000 limit initially.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Wasn't there somebody on here that was willing to trade their S2 for a Gear VR + the $200 eCert??

I'm willing to make that trade if anybody wants too. If not, I may consider selling the Gear VR for maybe $70 and putting down extra for a classic version.

Does anybody know if the watch purchased from Samsung directly is the 3G version?

I believe Samsung only has the blue tooth version, 3G has to come from your carrier.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I tried some of this stuff. I went to Best Buy but their sales reps are basically disconnected from corporate, they are retail people assigned to Best Buy. I tried to get a Samsung contact from them but I got nowhere. I called PL again today to ask for one more conversation with a supervisor, someone who may be willing to explain what happened and do actual research. It may take 5 business days to hear back. When the last super told me location code reject she did not explain how she knew this, just said it, just like the rep who answered the phone said it because that was the water cooler conversation of the day so it seemed. Just like 2 days prior when I called, it was oh, they ran out so we swapped it. So what is the real truth? The rep today said Samsung audits all orders when they go to fulfillment and that day it is decided what you get, PL has no control over it. If they really did an extra audit like they told me before, I am not convinced this was the one done on 4/20 when my order was placed with fulfillment. Otherwise they are saying it is common practice NOT to audit all orders at time of fulfillment, so which is it? It just seems fishy.

Yes I bought through xfinity portal but the purchase was made at verizon wireless online. There is proof of this on my register receipt and my credit card statement. I was not billed by comcast for the phone tax, I was billed by verizon. Thus in my opinion I qualify based on the T&C. That may not be what Samsung intended but even more to the point, why would they care if I got an extra promotion doing it this way? It doesn't come out of their pocket. I think when it comes down to it, Samsung just never got this location code because it is a verizon sales office but at a location not at verizon (my receipt says verizon wireless at one comcast way). I didn't submit this receipt though, I submitted the one in the box that didn't say where I bought it from. Not sure that would have made a difference since they seem to only look at location code. But then how did PL know it was a verizon online purchase to begin with that resulted in me passing all their initial audit levels? They must have thought where I bought it from was valid for the S2 based on their interpretation of the T&C (IMO). What else would lead them to see I bought it online at all then? That confuses me too. Unless they really did have the location code database to look my code up in. But on the phone with me they have to defend Samsung's rejection because they represent Samsung, not my interest. If they rejected it, they must have had a reason and there's nothing PL can do about it. And sorry you have no way to speak to anyone at Samsung about why this is, it just is so deal with it.

I'm also extra annoyed because I called PL BEFORE I placed my order, with the location code even. I explained how I was going to order it, he seemed to understand and assured me he made a note with my email address that he told me this would work and if I had problems later it would be documented. He either lied to me or the note got lost because PL can't find it. If I was told then and there it wouldn't work, or he wasn't sure it would be up to Samsung in the end, I may or may not have proceeded down that path but at least I would have had valid information to go by.

I am more annoyed as a matter of principle. For all I know, all of us who ordered through the verizon-xfinity partnership and was fulfilled around the same time actually got swapped due to lack of inventory and not due to location code. I will only believe that if they can tell me how they know my location code was rejected, I never got that explanation. I'd still love to know if anyone with code E184001 actually got an S2.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.22.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 8.22.43 AM.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 38

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

To me, a couple things as it relates to S2 promo. 1) For people who were switched to VR due to out of stock of S2, they should have automatically received the ecert for difference in gift value - a customer should not have to call and complain and argue to get it. 2) In my case (and maybe everyone who ordered through a verizon/* partnership including xfinity and maybe other cable companies), I believe I followed T&C to qualify for S2 by purchasing my phone from verizon wireless company and did so online. T&C, literally, says purchased at vzw.com but I contend that it is equivalent to purchasing from preorder.verizonwireless.com. It shouldn't matter if you started somewhere else and got redirected there to make the purchase. T&C doesn't say anything about where the "sales office" must be located or that your location code must match Samsung's database to qualify. My register receipt says it was bought from "Verizon Wireless", they happen to have this office located at One Comcast Center (HQ). From what I gathered there are some who apparently ordered through telesales and also got rejected. It shouldn't be our fault if their database is not fully up to date, or not fully complete with all locations that ought to qualify according to their language. I suppose someone could make an argument that they expected a user to actually type "vzw.com" in their browser and start from that point. To me it doesn't say that literally. I know I am trying to make the words fit my situation and it would be interesting to have a lawyer's input on it. Not that I'm going to pay any lawyer for the advice because it would cost more than my gift value LOL.

Edit: Quoting T&C: "Participants who purchase on VZW.com will be able to select one (1) of the following two (2) gifts: either (i) a Samsung Gear VR (est. $100 value) and a 6-game Oculus content bundle (est. $50 value); or (ii) a Samsung Gear S2 (est. $300 value, color selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion; no more than 35,000 Gear S2 watches are available in this Offer)."

Also they changed the T&C during the promotion, they didn't have the 35,000 limit initially.

you had to purchase from verizon to qualify for the s2, you purchased it from comcast.... i don't think legally you would have a leg to stand on, fwiw

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Submitted for S2 on 3/10
Online status updated to shipped in late March/early April
Online status updated back to pending in mid-April
Submission approval email received 4/18
Called PL twice and was told both times that my approval was sent to fulfillment on 4/8, but that I may not receive it until early June as "it's a process". Also couldn't confirm whether I'm getting the S2 (as indicated in the approval email) or the VR. Nothing showing in FedEx Manager.

I'm going to try to forget about this until June, and if it shows up, it shows up. Seems like a lot of folks are giving up, as there were only 2 people ahead of me when I called PL this morning.

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Just off the phone with PL (again). Actually spoke with a supervisior. I was apparently caught in the supposed audit by Samsung and Verizon due to location code. The supervisor offered to request Verizon and Samsung to reconsider, but no guarantees. I offered to accept the $200 E-Cert and she asked how I found out about the $200 cert? I let her know the forums are all over it. Was put on hold for a couple of minutes, and then she offered the eCert. Which I accepted. Was planning on selling the S2 to purchase an S2 Classic anyway. Theoretically I should see an email with the code within 72 hours.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just off the phone with PL (again). Actually spoke with a supervisior. I was apparently caught in the supposed audit by Samsung and Verizon due to location code. The supervisor offered to request Verizon and Samsung to reconsider, but no guarantees. I offered to accept the $200 E-Cert and she asked how I found out about the $200 cert? I let her know the forums are all over it. Was put on hold for a couple of minutes, and then she offered the eCert. Which I accepted. Was planning on selling the S2 to purchase an S2 Classic anyway. Theoretically I should see an email with the code within 72 hours.

another one caught in the audit loop, did you order directly through vzw.com or via 3rd party portal like xfinity? it is nice of them to "offer" to have vzw, samsung reconsider isn't it? ..... but they do not offer the ecert unless someone happens to be in the "know", otherwise they wouldn't mention it even though by their own terms and conditions if they substitute the S2 it will be "of equal or greater value" ..... but they won't let that ecert out of the bag unless you are persistent and ask to speak higherups and wait for the promised 24hour call back and then call them back to remind them about the call back you never received and have it escalated again... purposeful roadblocks intentionally setup for the consumer to be ultimately dissuaded and eventually drop it or forget about it.... It is pretty clear what is going on for anyone that has been slighted by this audit/bait and switch..... and they know they can get away with these tactics because they face absolutely no repurcussions since they aren't the "end" party...only the middle man that can perpetually pass the buck with no regard

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781