Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I was told by verizon and it is on the web site that activation is $40. What I was also curious about is what are the taxes? Do you have to pay all the regulatory fees and 911 and all that on top of the $5?

Mine was going to be about $7.80 a month with taxes and vzw said they would waive activation fee but I haven't activated mine yet.... so the activation fee is just hearsay and YMMV depending on who you speak with but w/ all the issues with this promo I think people might be persuasive in getting it waived

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Congrats! I don't even have a label created. Submitted 3/10 Approved 3/19

Posted via the Android Central App
Yep, me neither. It feels odd to be excited for these guys when they get theirs....can't help but be happy for them. Then there's a huge disappointed feeling when I realize that I am still where I was weeks ago.....Pending with nothing in FDM. I'm thinking it's a new disease.....TS2IEFBD= Temporary S2 induced euphoria followed by devastation.

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Yep, me neither. It feels odd to be excited for these guys when they get theirs....can't help but be happy for them. Then there's a huge disappointed feeling when I realize that I am still where I was weeks ago.....Pending with nothing in FDM. I'm thinking it's a new disease.....TS2IEFBD= Temporary S2 induced euphoria followed by devastation.

I completely understand

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site

this sums up the situation perfectly

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So I called PL again.. spoke to a nice lady, but she could definitely hear the frustration in my voice. Still no estimated shipping information. She also said that I didn't get approved until 4/14, i said we'll I have an email that says I was approved on 3/19 . She then said that she doesn't see that. I then told her that when I called in early April I was told that my s2 was waiting to be shipped then, like most she didn't know anything about that.

She said nothing about an audit but that they were backlogged. I asked why am I one of the initial submitters but still waiting, she then said it had nothing to do with submit date but date of approval.

Why would someone who submitted all of the correct information on 3/10 take over a month to get approved?? Of course there was no answer to the question. I asked if I was going to get the shaft and sent a VR she said that she can't see the actual gift, that's out of her hands, but said that if I was getting substituted then I would have received an email saying so.

Submitted 3/10
Approval email 3/19
PL Approval (BS) 4/14
Ship date : WTFK

Uggghhh

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
So I called PL again.. spoke to a nice lady, but she could definitely hear the frustration in my voice. Still no estimated shipping information. She also said that I didn't get approved until 4/14, i said we'll I have an email that says I was approved on 3/19 . She then said that she doesn't see that. I then told her that when I called in early April I was told that my s2 was waiting to be shipped then, like most she didn't know anything about that.

She said nothing about an audit but that they were backlogged. I asked why am I one of the initial submitters but still waiting, she then said it had nothing to do with submit date but date of approval.

Why would someone who submitted all of the correct information on 3/10 take over a month to get approved?? Of course there was no answer to the question. I asked if I was going to get the shaft and sent a VR she said that she can't see the actual gift, that's out of her hands, but said that if I was getting substituted then I would have received an email saying so.

Submitted 3/10
Approval email 3/19
PL Approval (BS) 4/14

Uggghhh

Sort of the same conversation I had the other day. Lady was nice and even agreed with me about the approval date....sort of. She said she showed that I submitted on the 12th approved on the 13th. When she couldn't find answers she went to manager. They told her my approval date was actually the 6th. I received that email on the 7th. Their dates are all screwed up. I told her I give up. I also expressed how it is so hard to believe that they have no idea what the shipping company is doing.

Somewhere on planet earth!

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
huh, that is kinda weird, getting approved the next day after submission... i wonder if that's a clue for something leading to this taking so darn long

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

Submitted 3/10
Approval email 3/19
PL Approval (BS) 4/14

Uggghhh

Isn't it strange that they keep coming up with different scenarios?

Last edited:

SaraLJ

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Follow-up message received via Twitter today:

"our team informed us they have met with Verzion and Samsung regarding the location issue. While it is not yet finialized, they want to let you know we will have a resolution sometime next week that will be very helpful. As soon as we have this, we will follow up with you and confirm"

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

"our team informed us they have met with Verzion and Samsung regarding the location issue. While it is not yet finialized, they want to let you know we will have a resolution sometime next week that will be very helpful. As soon as we have this, we will follow up with you and confirm"

What was your location issue? Where did you order from?

SaraLJ

May 6, 2016
Visit site
What was your location issue? Where did you order from?

I think the location code indicates the type of purchase you made - online, in the store, et al
I got the email that said "Your submission has been approved; however because the
purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
bundle." Apparently a lot of people got the email by mistake - I bought the phone online on my personal account
and the PL folks told me twice I was approved for a S2.

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

just fyi-

"our team informed us they have met with Verzion and Samsung regarding the location issue. While it is not yet finialized, they want to let you know we will have a resolution sometime next week"

.......if I remember right, if it wasn't this thread it was a similar one - but this excuse has already been regurgitated once or twice, not often, but already thrown out there as a goose chase tactic..... I'm taking a wild guess but I think it was about 4 weeks ago when they first tried this excuse or pacification technique..... not tryin' to rain on any parade, so as always w/ PL, take what they say with a grain... .........!

.....**** Just a side note - I know it is not correct thread but just for those w/ concern after reading many issues about glass breakage on s7edge...... s7edge hit concrete tonight in spigen case..... I was afraid to look at it(after I checked all my vitals).... I hit a wall at 15mph taking a corner on bicycle w/ galaxy S5 recording live and flipped over handle bars and bike went bouncing downhill w/ S7edge mounted on handle bars.... had to carry bike home (bicycle worth 4.5x's S7edge), limping, :( lol.... but S7edge survived

Last edited:

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I think the location code indicates the type of purchase you made - online, in the store, et al
I got the email that said "Your submission has been approved; however because the
purchase receipt you uploaded denotes an in-store and/or online business
purchase, you are only eligible to receive the Samsung Gear VR with 6-game
bundle." Apparently a lot of people got the email by mistake - I bought the phone online on my personal account
and the PL folks told me twice I was approved for a S2.

Did you buy it directly from Verizon or through Comcast /xfinity or something like that?

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Did you buy it directly from Verizon or through Comcast /xfinity or something like that?

we have seen a lot of testimony about those ordering through portals having the location code issues but just as many people that ordered directly via VZW.com have seen the same outcome/erroneous "not eligible for S2" emails from PL ..... and especially those that pre-ordered in Feb or submitted in the first few days.............

I remember having chat discussion with VZW forum reps that went in circles trying to find out what was an actual vzw "telesales" number that registered as an online order vs. traditional phone order(ex. 611) and never received a straight answer on what was a telesales order(considered online order) or phone order..... or even given an exact phone number that guaranteed you made a telesales order.... my questioning seemed to confuse them but there is a distinguished difference....

I never could get a absolute direct number that guaranteed you made a telesales order from the vzw reps... they just defaulted to the generic 611 or 0224 number and said "doesn't make a difference" ( I was eventually able to find the official "telesales" number through outside help/forum)..... not sure why it was so difficult getting a definitive answer directly thru vzw........

Last edited:

rocktoad13

May 6, 2016
Visit site
OK, so here it is Saturday morning after 8am (Eastern time) and still nothing new in FDM. Guess I'm now in an eternal holding pattern "shipping label limbo"

So anybody got info on how long it was from ticket creation in FDM to actually getting an S2? Mine was created 4/28 so right now I'm 8-9 days with a ticket going nowhere...

Toad

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I'v had a tracking number (via Fedex delivery manager) since last week. Site also says delivery 4/30 which has long come and gone. Still says "pending" on the Samsung status page.

Toad
I dunno which is worse...no label in FDM & a constant pending status, or having the label created & no movement. << Would drive me nuts (okay, more nuts).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon